Please help! Flickering/flashing problem w/ Onkyo receiver? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-25-2013, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I'm having an issue with flashing/flickering and loss of audio for about a second, happening every few minutes or so. I have a Samsung HL-S5687W DLP TV, an Onkyo TX-SR313 receiver, a Directv HR24-500 receiver, a Roku 2 XD, and a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V DVD player. I have the Directv box, the Roku, and the DVD player all hooked up to the receiver with HDMI cables and then an HDMI cable going out to the TV.

The TV is probably 4-5 years old, the Onkyo receiver is about 4 months old, and the Directv box is about a week old (just swapped the old one out). The flashing started about a month ago and I can't figure out what's wrong or what to do. First I checked all the connections were tight and they were. Then I tried different HDMI cables (several times). I've been looking on the internet for some clue, and have seen some possible ideas, but don't know if they apply to my equipment. My set up had been working fine for about 3 months so I don't know what changed or what happened.

PLEASE, any suggestions? Am I even posting this in the correct forum (Receivers, AMPS, and Processors)? I have searched this forum and couldn't find much, and what I did find was confusing. I am by no means an AV expert and I know I don't have top of the line equipment, but I'm hoping there are some settings I can change or tweaks I can make to my connections to make this work. If I have missed an answer to this somewhere else in the forums, can someone kindly direct me to it?

THANK YOU so much in advance for ANY help. I'm about to lose my mind with frustration. eek.gif

Thanks, Jessica
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page