I have the Klipsch energy micro 5.0 speakers and Pioneer SW-8 subwoofer with me. I want to connect them to my computer so that I can play songs and movies from them. I have the following questions
1) I believe I need some kind of amplifer to power the speakers ?
2) Amazon lists that the RMS value is 240 Watts for the speakers. Is it 240 Watts per speaker or for the whole set of 5 speakers
3) Could someone suggest me a very cheap amplifier to power these speakers. What exactly do I need. ( It is fine if I do not get surround sound)
4) how do i read the power ratings on amplifier to ensure it is a correct match for my speaker
2. Whole set.
3. Either a 5.1 or 7.1 AVR. Provide a max budget. For the Denon line you can review post #2 in the Denon AVR-XX13 Owner's thread linked in my sig or you may be able to find one of the previous year's XX12 models on clearance. You would likely be looking at either the 1612 or 1613 both of which are the lowest models of their year group with Audyssey MultEQ to auto config your speakers. For a lower cost, you may also want to consider a refurbished unit at Accessories4Less which still comes with a 1 year warranty vice the 2 year "new in box" warranty.
4. Don't worry about it ... any AVR will work with those speakers.