Pandora w AirPlay? - AVS Forum
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > Pandora w AirPlay?
cleguluche's Avatar cleguluche 10:23 AM 01-26-2013
I just turned up a new Yamaha a820 and I'm trying to figure out AirPlay. My question is this can you play pandora from a connected iPad/iPhone using AirPlay? Or is it only reserved for iTunes content? I don't have much ITunes music as I primarily use Pandora for general listening, parties, work-outs etc.

afrogt's Avatar afrogt 10:31 AM 01-26-2013
You do know that A820 has built in Pandora streaming right?

I don't have any Apple devices so cant answer your question about streaming Pandora from a iPad/iPoad but I would think you should be able to do it.
Browninggold's Avatar Browninggold 10:37 AM 01-26-2013
I have a Denon A100 which has Airplay. Denon also has Pandora. With a iPad and Pandora I do not see the Airplay box on the screen so this is what I do to get Airplay to stream Pandora. I start by playing ITunes streaming to Airplay and then I go to my Pandora on my iPad and start playing. It catches the Airplay and plays on my system.
cleguluche's Avatar cleguluche 10:38 AM 01-26-2013
I know it has "Internet radio" with a million random stations...I literally plugged in yesterday and I'm still exploring. My AV guy set up tv, surround, uni-remote, and receiver. He was gone when I got home from work so I didn't get a demo.
cleguluche's Avatar cleguluche 10:45 AM 01-26-2013
Yo browning that worked...thanks....only downside is that the iTunes song that I started before I hopped to pandora shows up on the AirPlay interface on iPad and tv.
Browninggold's Avatar Browninggold 02:36 PM 01-26-2013
Glad it's streaming for you. I'm hoping Pandora can/will do a update where Airplay can be enabled instead of this work around
cleguluche's Avatar cleguluche 09:53 PM 01-26-2013
So how the heck do I get to the pandora & xm-sirius inputs?!
rich7sena's Avatar rich7sena 10:03 PM 01-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

I have a Denon A100 which has Airplay. Denon also has Pandora. With a iPad and Pandora I do not see the Airplay box on the screen so this is what I do to get Airplay to stream Pandora. I start by playing ITunes streaming to Airplay and then I go to my Pandora on my iPad and start playing. It catches the Airplay and plays on my system.

It's there.

While in Pandora on your iDevice, the bottom bar can be pulled up to reveal further controls.

To respond to the thread; I have a Denon AVR1713 and I can stream Pandora from my phone, to my receiver.
kousikb's Avatar kousikb 08:54 AM 01-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

Glad it's streaming for you. I'm hoping Pandora can/will do a update where Airplay can be enabled instead of this work around
When pandora is playing press the start button twice in quick succession. You will see all the running apps. Now swipe the bottom screen twice for iPhone and once for iPad. You will see the airplay button and can playback via the receiver. This is how I am playing in HK avr1700.
Tags: Yamaha Rx A820 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver , Denon Avr A100 100th Anniversary 9 2 140w , Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Harman Kardon Avr 1700 5 1 Av Receiver
Up
Mobile  Desktop