Denon AVR-1613 vs. Sony STR-DN1030 - Trying to start a system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-26-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and am looking for advice on starting a home audio system. I'm planning on getting a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers and am looking for a receiver to match. Bestbuy has the Denon AVR-1613 on sale for $349.99 CAD and I'm interested in it because of the Audessey MutiEQ (I plan on adding a subwoofer later). I'm also looking at the Sony STR-DN1030 because of it's built-in bluetooth. It's selling for $499.99 at sony.ca and I might be able to get a discount from a friend who works there. I live in an apartment and would like the option of playing music from my laptop wirelessly - if I were to get the denon, I would buy a bluetooth adapter. I know the sound quality will suffer with bluetooth, but having the option of streaming music wirelessly is very appealing to me. I was wondering if having bluetooth built into the receiver provides a much better sound quality than adding a bluetooth adapter to a receiver. I'm a newbie, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-26-2013, 05:26 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked: 1721
Cannot provide any declarative advice on the bluetooth quality, however, with the 1613 you can stream to the AVR via either DLNA or Airplay. Also note these are not very efficient speakers so you will be much better served getting the sub sooner rather than later to pass off the lower frequency audio and give the AVR more headroom for the speakers.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 01-29-2013, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the advice, jdsmoothie.

Are there any other receivers you would recommend in this price range? And how much value do you put into the Audyssey MultEQ? Does it make a big difference in terms of sound?

Thanks again.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-29-2013, 07:23 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked: 1721
Yes, I'd pick the MultEQ in the 1613 over the Sony.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1613 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page