Sony STR-DH520 hates HDMI 2 with Control HDMI turned on - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 01-26-2013, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I have a Sony STR-DH520 and I started using the ARC. I have been using an optical cable but wanted to give this a shot and see if it would fix some DTS playback issues with my TV. It works greats and works with every input but when I switch over to my HDMI 2 input that has my Xbox on it, the Receiver switches back to my TV input on its own. It wont stay on the HDMI 2. If i switch it back to HDMI 2 over and over, every so often it will stick and stay. If I turn off Control HDMI I have no problems. But with Control HDMI on it keeps having this problem. I switched my xbox to a different input and didn't have any problems so it's just with HDMI 2. Anyone have any ideas why my receiver refuses to use HDMI 2 with Control HDMI on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-26-2013, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 721
It's because you're using HDMI-CEC in your tv (at least with my Samsung tv and Onkyo avr it was the tv's HDMI-CEC that makes the difference) and that's the way it is, with brands fighting each other for control. Kinda dumb. I turn off my HDMI-CEC in my tv when I don't want it resetting my avr for me. I rarely used the ARC, though, so I just ended up turning it off permanently. I also route everything through my AVR to the tv so it only affected things during initial turn on (or if I toggled the tv off then on again) .

post #3 of 9 Old 01-29-2013, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

That would make the most since and using the ARC didn't help my problem so I just went back to using the optical cable and got a Roku box to watch my movies through instead of using the TV. Thanks for your help. I just won't ever buy another LG product. This is the 2nd product I have bought they they have let me down big time.
post #4 of 9 Old 01-29-2013, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Not sure why LG is any more guilty than any other manufacturer with implementation of their version of HDMI-CEC....

I rarely use my Samsung tv's apps in any case, use my PS3 instead as that gives me the option for better sound (5.1 DD+). ARC is only so useful since most tvs only output 2.0 over ARC unless it's OTA broadcast.

post #5 of 9 Old 01-31-2013, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Why i am fed up with LG has nothing to do with the HDMI-CEC, dont know where you got that from. Im fed up because every item I have bought from them falls short. My TV doesn't have DTS processing and 90% of my TV watching is from my Plex server and it constantly buffers because they refuse to pay for the DTS decoding in this region but they do it in Korea. My phone they Promised ICS update when I bought it and then couple months later said they weren't going to do it.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-01-2013, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitHorizon View Post

Why i am fed up with LG has nothing to do with the HDMI-CEC, dont know where you got that from. Im fed up because every item I have bought from them falls short. My TV doesn't have DTS processing and 90% of my TV watching is from my Plex server and it constantly buffers because they refuse to pay for the DTS decoding in this region but they do it in Korea. My phone they Promised ICS update when I bought it and then couple months later said they weren't going to do it.

Uh, read your posts, where else would I get it from? I have no idea about phones but DTS decoding in a tv is not generally provided....use an avr for that.

post #7 of 9 Old 02-01-2013, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

I never once complained about the HDMI and now this thread has gone from something helpful to just arguing and I don't understand why you are starting an argument. as I was trying to use ARC instead of Optical and my receiver was fighting it. This isnt turning into why LG sucks thread either. Move on. I guess you dont understand the whole problem with what ever client you are using with plex not having a DTS decoder built in (regardless if you have AVR or not) causes your pc to max out and buffer a lot. Thats all I was trying to fix and I did buy using a roku box instead of my TV. Thread is now done and over with. No reply from you needed. Thanks for your help.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-01-2013, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitHorizon View Post

I never once complained about the HDMI and now this thread has gone from something helpful to just arguing and I don't understand why you are starting an argument. as I was trying to use ARC instead of Optical and my receiver was fighting it. This isnt turning into why LG sucks thread either. Move on. I guess you dont understand the whole problem with what ever client you are using with plex not having a DTS decoder built in (regardless if you have AVR or not) causes your pc to max out and buffer a lot. Thats all I was trying to fix and I did buy using a roku box instead of my TV. Thread is now done and over with. No reply from you needed. Thanks for your help.

You have issues....

post #9 of 9 Old 02-02-2013, 03:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
mmmh, not sure I understand either. OP, you want your whatever device you're using to decode DTS internally so you can have DTS sound to your tv speakers using the receiver's ARC?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page