power off after AirPlay - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question: Is there a way to have the receiver automatically power off after I stop an AirPlay session from my iOS device? I often use AirPlay to play music in Zone 2, and since I'm in a different room the receiver doesn't always get turned off.

Apologies for not reading through the whole thread, but a search didn't turn up much.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 380
don't all these new receivers have a sleep timer? You could set it to turn off after a certain amount of time.

Afro GT
post #3 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah but that's a sleep timer for the whole receiver, right? It seems like shutting off power when I'm in the middle of a long broadcast would suck. I really just want to be able to hit stop on my ipad and have it shut off the receiver - like if there's no active stream coming in from the active input for XX minutes, then just turn off. A smart auto sleep I guess...
post #4 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 01:23 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by yertle View Post

Yeah but that's a sleep timer for the whole receiver, right? It seems like shutting off power when I'm in the middle of a long broadcast would suck. I really just want to be able to hit stop on my ipad and have it shut off the receiver - like if there's no active stream coming in from the active input for XX minutes, then just turn off. A smart auto sleep I guess...
The way my receiver (AVR 1700) goes to standby is after I specifically select iPhone/iPad as the music output (basically de-selecting the receiver in the airplay button). If I just press stop in the music player or close the music cover, the receiver doesn't go to standby.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-29-2013, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Cool I'll try this. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kousikb View Post

The way my receiver (AVR 1700) goes to standby is after I specifically select iPhone/iPad as the music output (basically de-selecting the receiver in the airplay button). If I just press stop in the music player or close the music cover, the receiver doesn't go to standby.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page