Looking to get a new receiver in the $1000 range and it seems like it's between the Denon AVR 2313, Denon AVR 3313, or Pio Elite SC-61. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Right now my current setup is a crap receiver with the Energy 5.1 Take Classic system. Even with the crap receiver these speakers sound great but I want something MUCH better. My plan is in due time to upgrade to a full surround system.

I currently have a 60 inch Samsung Plasma 3D tv. Don't know the model number off hand as I'm at work right now but can update when I get home.

Basically just wondering what would be better for me. I'm pretty new to this so all help is welcome! I went to Best Buy earlier today and the guy was saying he likes the Denon's more?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 05:04 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by therobsclub View Post

Right now my current setup is a crap receiver with the Energy 5.1 Take Classic system. Even with the crap receiver these speakers sound great but I want something MUCH better. My plan is in due time to upgrade to a full surround system.

I currently have a 60 inch Samsung Plasma 3D tv. Don't know the model number off hand as I'm at work right now but can update when I get home.

Basically just wondering what would be better for me. I'm pretty new to this so all help is welcome! I went to Best Buy earlier today and the guy was saying he likes the Denon's more?

Thanks for the help!

Why do you want a $1000 receiver with $400 speakers? You're going opposite to what's recommended. It's usually 2-3x more for the SPEAKERS than the receiver.
RPGMasta likes this.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Right but in the next year or so I wan't to upgrade to a powerful system and right now these are on sale below a grand. I don't want to buy a cheap receiver that wouldn't be able to handle it? Or should I go with the lesser models of the Elite and Dennon that are around 600 or so?
post #4 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Plus I need to be 3d Passthrough
post #5 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 05:19 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by therobsclub View Post

Right but in the next year or so I wan't to upgrade to a powerful system and right now these are on sale below a grand. I don't want to buy a cheap receiver that wouldn't be able to handle it? Or should I go with the lesser models of the Elite and Dennon that are around 600 or so?

They're all good receivers. Depends on which features you need/want and how much of a priority they are.

Take a look at the features you need and compare.

http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/ProductComparision.aspx?CatId=avreceivers%28denonna%29&pids=avr3313ci%28denonna%29|avr2313ci%28denonna%29|avr2113ci%28denonna%29

You could also get the Pioneer SC-1222-K which goes on sale for $550 pretty often, pretty much the same as SC-61 without 12V triggers.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 06:35 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked: 1432
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWA View Post

Why do you want a $1000 receiver with $400 speakers? You're going opposite to what's recommended. It's usually 2-3x more for the SPEAKERS than the receiver.

+1

@therobsclub -
Unless you're planning on upgrading to $2000+ speaker/sub setup, I'd suggest a $1000 AVR is overkill. Start demoing speakers and a comparable sub first before worrying about upgrading your AVR. Once you've settled on the speaker/sub setup, you will have a better idea of what AVR to match up. You'll also have a better idea of how much is left in your total upgrade budget as well. smile.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page