Looking to get a new receiver in the $1000 range and it seems like it's between the Denon AVR 2313, Denon AVR 3313, or Pio Elite SC-61. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
therobsclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Right now my current setup is a crap receiver with the Energy 5.1 Take Classic system. Even with the crap receiver these speakers sound great but I want something MUCH better. My plan is in due time to upgrade to a full surround system.

I currently have a 60 inch Samsung Plasma 3D tv. Don't know the model number off hand as I'm at work right now but can update when I get home.

Basically just wondering what would be better for me. I'm pretty new to this so all help is welcome! I went to Best Buy earlier today and the guy was saying he likes the Denon's more?

Thanks for the help!
therobsclub is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
 
GaryWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by therobsclub View Post

Right now my current setup is a crap receiver with the Energy 5.1 Take Classic system. Even with the crap receiver these speakers sound great but I want something MUCH better. My plan is in due time to upgrade to a full surround system.

I currently have a 60 inch Samsung Plasma 3D tv. Don't know the model number off hand as I'm at work right now but can update when I get home.

Basically just wondering what would be better for me. I'm pretty new to this so all help is welcome! I went to Best Buy earlier today and the guy was saying he likes the Denon's more?

Thanks for the help!

Why do you want a $1000 receiver with $400 speakers? You're going opposite to what's recommended. It's usually 2-3x more for the SPEAKERS than the receiver.
RPGMasta likes this.
GaryWA is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
therobsclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Right but in the next year or so I wan't to upgrade to a powerful system and right now these are on sale below a grand. I don't want to buy a cheap receiver that wouldn't be able to handle it? Or should I go with the lesser models of the Elite and Dennon that are around 600 or so?
therobsclub is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
therobsclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Plus I need to be 3d Passthrough
therobsclub is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Senior Member
 
GaryWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by therobsclub View Post

Right but in the next year or so I wan't to upgrade to a powerful system and right now these are on sale below a grand. I don't want to buy a cheap receiver that wouldn't be able to handle it? Or should I go with the lesser models of the Elite and Dennon that are around 600 or so?

They're all good receivers. Depends on which features you need/want and how much of a priority they are.

Take a look at the features you need and compare.

http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/ProductComparision.aspx?CatId=avreceivers%28denonna%29&pids=avr3313ci%28denonna%29|avr2313ci%28denonna%29|avr2113ci%28denonna%29

You could also get the Pioneer SC-1222-K which goes on sale for $550 pretty often, pretty much the same as SC-61 without 12V triggers.
GaryWA is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 06:35 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,956
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked: 1432
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWA View Post

Why do you want a $1000 receiver with $400 speakers? You're going opposite to what's recommended. It's usually 2-3x more for the SPEAKERS than the receiver.

+1

@therobsclub -
Unless you're planning on upgrading to $2000+ speaker/sub setup, I'd suggest a $1000 AVR is overkill. Start demoing speakers and a comparable sub first before worrying about upgrading your AVR. Once you've settled on the speaker/sub setup, you will have a better idea of what AVR to match up. You'll also have a better idea of how much is left in your total upgrade budget as well. smile.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off