Receiver suggested connections to/from TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased a Vizio E601I-A3 and plan to purchase a budget receiver such as the Pioneer VSX-42. In the past I only needed to output video to the television. Now with the smart technology in TV's I will need to route audio back from the TV to the receiver. That being said, what is the best configuration for this? Cable STB HDMI -> TV then Optical from TV -> Receiver? Or should I still route all video into the receiver and out to the TV then have the optical come back from the tv to the Receiver? I am confused as to what this is going to mean as for as source changing and such on the receiver.

Thank you for all you help in advance and I apologize if this is in the incorrect forum. I am quite the noob to this newer technology in audio/video equipment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
ideally all hdmi sources go into the receiver and then into the tv. if you have a smart tv or w/e you can use optical out into the receiver. the receiver will have like 6 hdmi in and 1 hdmi out, so you can change sources on the receiver and it changes the audio and video at the same time.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-30-2013, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks WagBoss. I will put all my video sources into the receiver and a single HDMI to the TV. Then will have the Optical from the TV back to the receiver. I guess I was hoping to avoid switching sources when watching TV then using the Smart Apps on the TV, I guess I will just have to play with it.

Thanks again!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page