As I set up my new gear I noticed I'm having some trouble getting a reliable picture with a 1080P signal. hoping someone reading this can point me to some suggestions on different setting I can try or some solution I'm not thinking of.
The specific problem I am seeing is that I am occasionally losing the picture when watching a Blu Ray disc from my Panasonic BDT220 or Sony PS3. both sources are hooked up to a Denon AVR-2313CI which passes on to an Epson Powerlite 5010 via HDMI (approx 25' run from Receiver to projector). The picture usually starts out fine but after a few minutes of watching, the video will go black for anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or so but the audio is fine.
I've occasionally seen a brief flash of static projected on the screen for a few seconds but only a couple times while the other scenario (complete black screen) seems much more common.
I have not noticed this issue happen at all when I am watching Dish Network via the Hopper PVR which is using a 1080i signal as far as I can tell.
Here's a list of things I've tried:
- confirmed all hdmi cables are securely attached (didnt solve problem)
- replaced the hdmi cables running from source to AVR and AVR to projector (didnt solve problem)
- configured the video output on both Panasonic Blue Ray player and Denon AVR to "Auto" and "1080P" (neither setting seemed to solve problem)
- reset memory on Denon AVR-2313CI to force a factory refresh of all settings (didnt solve problem)
- confirmed I have the latest firmware upgrade on both Blue Ray player and Denon (didnt solve problem)
- even replaced the Epson projector due to a separate issue I had with a stuck pixel (didnt solve problem)
I haven't tried using different HDMI inputs on the Denon but since I am having this issue when using either the Pansonic Blu Ray player or PS3, this seems like it shouldn't be the issue.
The only thing that seems to help me avoid the loss of picture is to set the video output of both the Panasonic BDT220 and Denon AVR2313 to 1080i or 720. Seems I shouldn't have to do this though, right? Is there something else going on that would prevent them system from running reliably at full 1080p??
Here's my set up:
Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu Ray -> Denon AVR-2313CI -> Epson Powerlite 5010
Sony PS3 -> Denon AVR-2313CI -> Epson Powerlite 5010
Dish Hopper PVR -> Denon AVR-2313CI -> Epson Powerlite 5010