Could the Integra DTM 5.9 do damage to a house if loud? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-30-2013, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone,

I'm only curious. I have the Integra DTM 5.9 receiver with a pair of B&W 686 speakers that's located in my bedroom. I would like to know and of course without blowing out the system, would this setup be powerful enough to do damage to a house even if my bedroom door is closed? I could be wrong, I think I would need to adjust knobs, and one knob I recall is the bass, but I don't know the rest of them, and adjust the volume? If the system is powerful enough, what possible knobs has to be adjusted?

Thank you,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-30-2013, 03:52 PM

I guess it depends... which one of the three little pigs' house did you choose to live in? Pretty sure your house will be fine.

HTPC always in progess...
things I've learned here:
"the sound of a power cord" is BS.
turn your center speaker 90 degrees.
avoid women who require WAF in a HT.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-30-2013, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by php111 View Post

Hey everyone,

I'm only curious. I have the Integra DTM 5.9 receiver with a pair of B&W 686 speakers that's located in my bedroom. I would like to know and of course without blowing out the system, would this setup be powerful enough to do damage to a house even if my bedroom door is closed? I could be wrong, I think I would need to adjust knobs, and one knob I recall is the bass, but I don't know the rest of them, and adjust the volume? If the system is powerful enough, what possible knobs has to be adjusted?

Thank you,

Do you mean damage like what a Hurricane or an earthquake can do to a structure, like lifting the home off of it's foundation, or having the roof blow completely off, landing in the neighbor's yard, or deep bass notes damaging the root system of an oak tree in your yard and having it fall on the house....or something a little less destructive, like splintering of your floor joist's and or crumbling and cracking of the concrete foundation...or lighter damage like using multiple sub woofer's, creating so much air movement, and literally emptying the attic of all of it's blown in insulation???

Espo77
post #4 of 7 Old 01-30-2013, 07:42 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo77 View Post

Do you mean damage like what a Hurricane or an earthquake can do to a structure, like lifting the home off of it's foundation, or having the roof blow completely off, landing in the neighbor's yard, or deep bass notes damaging the root system of an oak tree in your yard and having it fall on the house....or something a little less destructive, like splintering of your floor joist's and or crumbling and cracking of the concrete foundation...or lighter damage like using multiple sub woofer's, creating so much air movement, and literally emptying the attic of all of it's blown in insulation???

Yes.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-31-2013, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter

I mean powerful as in damage could it vibrate the house and shatter a few windows? I believe some systems could do that if powerful enough, but not sure if my system is powerful enough? I have the Integra DTM 5.9 receiver with a pair of B&W 686 speakers.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Don't worry, your eardrums will shatter before the windows, so you won't hear them break.

post #7 of 7 Old 01-31-2013, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Lol. That's funny. Lol.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page