Yamaha v473 + bose 301 + acoustimass 6 question.help needed. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been reading many manuals lately and I am very confused.

1) Basically what I can trying to do is connect both the acoustimass 6 (front) and the 301 to the front channel of the v473 amp. The manual at one point says that on 6 ohms load sur+ cen , the front channel can be driven to 4 ohms load. Has any one tried this? Is the amp ok with 4ohms load?

2) the 301 series V and the acoustimass 6 says 4-8 ohms. So what exactly is the ohms of the speaker? It's very IMO because if they are 8 ohms, then running these speaker parallel will give me 4 ohms... If they are 4 ohms then I only see my amp melt at 2 ohms load...

3) another option is the get the yamaha v673.. It tells me it has zone 2 control .. Or I can use it as a 7.1 channel... But both of these functions can help me run 4 speakers front ?

4) I am trying to get 4 fronts because sometimes we have parties and it gets really crazy... So need more volume rather then any surrounds

5) plz don't tell me to dump bose and get something else because all the equipment are already drilled in my living wall...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Let's get this right: so you're trying to fully connect the Am 6, which means all five speakers. Then you're trying to connect an extra pair of 301s to the front channels in parallel with the LR outputs to the Am 6?

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V473 Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page