I have looked at the Onkyo 3010 and the Denon 4520ci receivers which both seem to be good, but looking for other suggestions, and also reviews between both of these receivers from those who have owned either. The setup is as follows:
1. Room where the receiver will be house is pre-wired for in wall- in ceiling speakers, and will only be 5.1
2. 2 other zones are wired for in ceiling speakers, outside, and the master bedroom. Both of these I believe are only 2 channel setups if I remember correctly.
3. Most of the house is wired with Cat6 with only 1 rj45 outlet in each location.
4. Looking to play media directly over the network (from a nas) via DLNA to the receiver and tv in the den and the tv in the bedroom.
I am looking for something that is highly compatible with almost every single internet service, product, etc out there.
5. Since most of these high end amps have 11.2 or 9.2 chanels I would like somethign where I can assign amps to various channels since the Den will only be 5.1.
6. An HDMI cable was not run from the den to the bedroom, so is there another way to be able to play streaming video via the tv in the bedroom using the 2 channel in ceiling speakers instead of the built in speakers on the tv?
Any ideas of what I need to do?