Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-31-2013, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hi!

Anyone have experience in replacing a damaged AC INLET for an ONKYO receiver?

The AC INLET is located on the back of the receiver. Mine has a 2 prong AC INLET. I have attached an image so you know what I am talking about.

I sold this receiver on Amazon and the buyer pushed the removable power cord too hard which damaged the AC INLET. He pushed it so hard that the housing for the 2 screws broke into pieces!! The bad news is that Amazon made me pay for the repairs instead of the buyer. Probably not a good idea to sell expensive electronics on Amazon because you might get it back all beat up and the buyer will get away with it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-31-2013, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaraydesign View Post

Hi!

Anyone have experience in replacing a damaged AC INLET for an ONKYO receiver?

The AC INLET is located on the back of the receiver. Mine has a 2 prong AC INLET. I have attached an image so you know what I am talking about.

I sold this receiver on Amazon and the buyer pushed the removable power cord too hard which damaged the AC INLET. He pushed it so hard that the housing for the 2 screws broke into pieces!! The bad news is that Amazon made me pay for the repairs instead of the buyer. Probably not a good idea to sell expensive electronics on Amazon because you might get it back all beat up and the buyer will get away with it.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=090-442
post #3 of 5 Old 02-02-2013, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Thanks for the link!

But the AC INLET on the Onkyo TX-NR905 got a 2 prong. I was not able to find a 2 prong AC INLET for this receiver. I will have to continue looking.

Even if I find the correct AC INLET, I don't know how to replace it anyway. I may have to send it to Onkyo and pay big money to replace the AC INLET. I called Onkyo and they told me it will cost about $370 to have that AC INLET replace.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaraydesign View Post

Thanks for the link!

But the AC INLET on the Onkyo TX-NR905 got a 2 prong. I was not able to find a 2 prong AC INLET for this receiver. I will have to continue looking.

Even if I find the correct AC INLET, I don't know how to replace it anyway. I may have to send it to Onkyo and pay big money to replace the AC INLET. I called Onkyo and they told me it will cost about $370 to have that AC INLET replace.

There is probably a lot of heat shrink wrap around the inner part of the inlet plug. My guess is that under all of that are quick disconnect terminals/connectors. If so, it would just be a matter of getting the correct part, opening up the case and slipping the quick connects off the existing inlet and onto the back of the new one. BUT if you have ANY worries about working in there, dont touch it....its not worth getting electrocuted over.

I would see if you could dig up the correct Onkyo part number and then see if someone can get a pic of it to find out if it is indeed quick disconnect.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-02-2013, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
try and go to a computer store and see if they have any old "towers" cabinets around. Take the plug off the tower. They are basically the same.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page