Receiver recommendations for Pioneer 52/22 series 5.1 setup? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-31-2013, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My current speakers and receiver are over 19 years old and one speaker constantly goes in and out so it's time to upgrade. I already ordered the Pioneer 52/22 speakers from Amazon and they'll be here tomorrow. I'd like some advice for a receiver now. I currently run an RCA for audio from the HTPC to the receiver so I only get 2-channel audio and it sounds awful. I also only have two 19 year old Yamaha bookshelf speakers on stands. Without the receiver this is how I stand once the speakers are delivered tomorrow.

LG 42" 1080p LCD
HTPC running OpenELEC + HDMI video/audio
Pioneer FS52/BS22/C22 Speakers
Polk PSW10 Sub
19 year old Technics Receiver

I'd love to keep the new receiver for another 20 years, but that might be asking a bit much. Even 10 years would be great. Since the Pioneers are 6ohm speakers, should I be worried about THD? I'm in a townhouse so I cannot play things super loud until I move to a house which should be in the next year or two. I listen to Shoutcast radio on Winamp all the time at my PC and I'd love to be able to do so with a receiver. I already have an ethernet cable next to the TV for the HTPC so that's no problem for the receiver. I have no Apple devices so those features do not concern me. If I could use internet radio without turning the TV on it would be a huge plus. I like Pandora also, but I don't know if it's possible to thumb up/down songs from a receiver. I'd like a powered zone 2 for speakers outside as well. I've had lots of Sony products and most of them stopped working or didn't work well so a Sony receiver isn't an option. Also, I have a Harmony remote so the factory remote doesn't matter much. I have lots of Amazon gift cards so the budget is around $400-$600 for the receiver.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page