harmon/kardon AVR 10 - phono preamp issues - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews > Audio > Receivers, Amps, and Processors > harmon/kardon AVR 10 - phono preamp issues

Receivers, Amps, and Processors

mattcook888's Avatar mattcook888
05:51 PM Liked: 10
post #1 of 3
01-31-2013 | Posts: 2
hi all,

I recently purchased a harmon/kardon AVR 10 amp, which has no phono stage.

No problem i thought... ill just hook up my phono preamp, however i get nothing when i connect it. The preamp is a pro-ject audio systems 'phono box'. I have tested the preamp, aswell as the record player on another system and they work prefectly. I am also certain that all the inputs on the AVR 10 are fully functional, as i have tested them all with other input devices with no issues.

does anybody know of any reason the harmon/kardon avr 10 would NOT support a phono pre-amp for some reason?
thanks
Espo77's Avatar Espo77
08:23 PM Liked: 15
post #2 of 3
01-31-2013 | Posts: 1,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcook888 View Post

hi all,

I recently purchased a harmon/kardon AVR 10 amp, which has no phono stage.

No problem i thought... ill just hook up my phono preamp, however i get nothing when i connect it. The preamp is a pro-ject audio systems 'phono box'. I have tested the preamp, aswell as the record player on another system and they work prefectly. I am also certain that all the inputs on the AVR 10 are fully functional, as i have tested them all with other input devices with no issues.

does anybody know of any reason the harmon/kardon avr 10 would NOT support a phono pre-amp for some reason?
thanks

Can you describe how you have it all hooked up?
mattcook888's Avatar mattcook888
09:03 AM Liked: 10
post #3 of 3
02-01-2013 | Posts: 2
RC cables coming out of the record player are hooked into the INPUT of the preamp, RC cables coming from the OUTPUT of the preamp are connected to the INPUT of my amp. Also as i said this works, hooked up the exact same way(with the same record player) on a different amp.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Subscribe to this Thread