Please HELP! HDMI video ouput Issues with Onkyo TX-SR 605 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am working on a Home Theater that uses an Onkyo receiver to output video to 2 devices (Plasma TV and DLP Projector) from both the Component and HDMI outputs for connections from a Bluray player and Cable box. The setup has been working for several years without issue and all of a sudden the HDMI video started cutting out to the Projector in both DVD and TV modes on the receiver. The audio still plays but no video. At first the video would come on sometimes for a short while then go out. All output to the Plasma over Component output is working normally. The thought was the projector failing so I replaced it with a spare but got the same result. It appeared then that the issue lies within the receiver video upscaling/converting from Component to HDMI so I replaced the TX-SR 605 with a preowned unit that I picked up for sale locally and the issue persists!

I did a lot of research online and found several things to try but have yet to find a solution. So far I:
* ensured all receiver settings were correct including monitor out
* checked all cabling
* checked receiver firmware is up to date

As a temporary fix for the cable box, I ran an HDMI cable along side the current component cable to the receiver and the video to the projector works normally. Unfortunately, the Bluray player does not output both Component and HDMI simultaneously so I am still looking for a solution. Having replaced the receiver and projector already, I am running out of solutions. Please HELP me find a solution!

The setup:
Cable box: Component video out to receiver > Digital Coax audio out to receiver
Bluray: Component video out to receiver, Optical audio out to receiver

Receiver: Component video out to Plasma TV
Receiver: HDMI video out to DLP Projector

Also, I found a thread on this forum with a similar issue though did not appear to be a solution: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1421527/issues-with-onkyo-tx-sr-605

I forgot to mention.. when I replaced the receiver, I did manage to get HDMI video out to the projector from the Bluray but the output is only 480 and I cannot get it to output 720 or 1080 so the picture is a small distorted window in the middle of the screen. I could not find a way to change it as this Onkyo receiver is not very user friendly for configuring upscaling and upconverting. There are basically NO options to adjust for this.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Sr605 Receiver
Gear in this thread - Sr605 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page