4520ci multi room audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-01-2013, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

I am looking for advice on how to setup audio from the 4520ci to play to multiple rooms, playing different content at the same time.
I think this can be done, but I am new to this type of hardware and not very clear on things.

I would like to:
1) use the front, center, and surrond for the "TV" room and play HDMI-1 output from Cable, etc. to these
2) Use the Surrond Back for the kitchen L/R speakers - use an iPod to play to this
3) Use the Front Height for the dinning room L/R speakers - use Linux box to play to this
4) Use the Front Wide for the bathroom L/R speakers - using a Windows system to play to this

I would like to be able to watch TV, while the kitchen, dinning room, and bathroom are playing different content for say Airplay.
I doubt I would ever have more than two going at the same time playing differnt content, but I am looking to see if this is possible.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks

Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-02-2013, 03:54 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 1332
Welcome to AVS Forum! smile.gif

As noted on the chart on p. 183 in your Owner's manual, with a 5.1 setup in the main zone, you can set the Surround Back and Front Height speaker posts to either Zones 2 or 3 to add 2 additional independent zones (noting the independent sources can only be external devices connected with analog cable (ie no HDMI or optical/digital coax), the on board network audio sources (eg. Spotify, Pandora, internet radio), or USB connected devices. The Front Wide speaker posts cannot be used for another Zone so you would likely want to connect to of the zones listed above together with an impedance matching speaker selector. Zone 4 is only possible via the Zone4(HDMI) output to either another TV or 2nd AVR.

For more questions on your 4520CI, join us in the dedicated Denon 4520CI Owner's thread linked below.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1430049/the-official-denon-avr-4520ci-thread/0_100

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page