Pioneer 1122-K Dolby Digital intermittently cuts out - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-02-2013, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have started to notice that intermittently my sound will cut out for 1-2 seconds. I have a HR24-500 DVR and it is connected to my Pioneer 1122k Receiver with an HDMI cable. I thought the issue was with the HDMI cable so I tried use a new HDMI cable and still experienced the same problem. I also tried using an optical cable and still have the same issue. I have even tried 2 HR24-500 DVR's and replaced the Pioneer 1122k receiver and still experience the same intermittent audio cut outs. I have also tried rewinding to the part where the audio cuts and the audio wont cut out the second time, so it seems to be an intermittent communication issue between the DVR and Pioneer Receiver. I have ran out of ideas of what the issue can be....PLEASE HELP! confused.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-02-2013, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
You have already wasted a lot of effort and time by replacing your AVR and DVR. This is not a new problem and there are several threads abut this problem. It has to do with the Directv HD DVR and the feed it's receiving. This problem has also happened with other cable satellite companies and DVR brands. Google Directv HD DVR audio drop out and you will find many reports and information. This problem might get better or worse for you depending on where you live and the feed coming to you.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-02-2013, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Would'nt the audio issue still be there if i rewinded to the part where the audio cut out if it was a feed issue?
post #4 of 5 Old 02-02-2013, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Sometimes you might be able to replicate the problem by rewinding. There is a small glitch in the DD feed. Sometimes the glitch is just large enough to cause a drop out. Then when you rewind the audio it could pass glitch free. It's a hit or miss thing. When this was happening to me I could usually rewind and repeat the dropout. Do the search on the topic. There are many cases of this. It's been happening for years.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-02-2013, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

So far I have not been able to replicate the audio issue if I rewind to the part where the audio cut out.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page