Onkyo HDMI Failures - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 22Likes
post #271 of 272 Unread Today, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanFrank View Post
My TX-NR818 just failed this morning and I have had an Elan Z powered fan sitting on top of it since I purchased it. It made it just over 2 years and I am not sure if my Square Trade warranty or sending it back to Onkyo is the best answer. Either way it sucks that it failed on super bowl Sunday.

I hope Onkyo has finally gotten this HDMI failure under control as I will likely buy another brand next time to avoid the headache.
That's a bummer...I'd send it back to Onkyo for the repair I think because from the two times they repaired mine so far, it came back quickly. Both my loss of internet connection and the HDMI failed within the same week but the warranty site didn't allow me to select two failures and so they fixed the loss of internet connection and I assumed they'd just do the other HDMI fix, but they didn't and so had to go through the whole process again....a bummer because my whole house audio plus the 5.1 system runs on the 616. Still to this day, comparing a 4 year old 616 to much more expensie AVR's ignoring things such as atmos that didn't exist, the 616 still has features I can't get on much more expensive AVR's as backwards as that seems to me. Powered Zone 2 WITH the ability to control volume AND a zone 3 for a few hundred bucks is crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 272 Unread Today, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)
Liked: 175
I know this is an old thread, but I had a 2 905s/ 906/ 5007 and all suffered from HDMI failures. The culprit is known, the caps on the board were not thermally capable of handling the heat generated from the HDMI chips...

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Onkyo Tx Sr806 Receiver , Onkyo Tx Sr608 Receiver
Gear in this thread