iPad and iPhone AirPlay will Only Stream Audio to RX-A3020---No Video - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-03-2013, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

New here. Got my RX-A3020 to be able to use HDMI and networking capabilities. It is replacing a Sony STR-DA7ES A/V Receiver which does not have HDMI or networking. I have been spending the last several weekends to connect all my components to the RX-A3020 and I am loving it! The front and rear channels are fed out of the RX-A3020 pre-outs to feed two Yamaha MX-1000Us.

I searched for my problem in this thread but did not see where anyone had the same issue as me. I apologize if it has been answered before.

I can see and connect to the RX-A3030's AirPlay from my iPad and iPhone, but only can stream audio, no video. When I select the AirPlay icon on my iPad and IPhone, I only see a speaker icon next to the RX-A3020, not a TV icon like my iPad/IPhone and Apple TV devices have. When I select the RX-A3020 from my iPad/iPhone, the RX-A3030 only plays the audio. The video continues to show on my iPad/iPhone. I went to the Input/AirPlay setup on the RX-A3020 and turned Video Out to AV6 it did not help. There is nothing used by AV6. I also tried turning Video Out Off and that did not work either. Nothing that I can think of will allow AirPlay to stream video to the RX-A3020. I have no problem when I use my iPad and iPhone to stream video and audio to my two Apple TV devices. The only way I can stream video and audio is if I connect an Apple TV device to the RX-A3020 and select it as an input instead of the RX-A3020's AirPlay.

Does anyone know how I may fix this?

Thanks!
Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1389 Post(s)
Liked: 1598
You'll have to continue to use the Apple TV as Apple has not licensed the capability to stream video to AVRs via the AVR's on board Airplay.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 02-06-2013, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks jdsmootie. I realized that last night as I reread the Yamaha RX-A3020 Manual where it said it can play back music via AirPlay but did not say anything about video. Oh well, I'll have to connect my Apple TV back to the RX-A3020. Thank you very much for the explanation on the licensing issue. I wrongfully assumed the AVR's AirPlay would work like Apple TV.

Cheers,
Ed
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page