Need some help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-03-2013, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to choose between the onkyo tx-nr3010 and the tx-nr5009 they will be powering klipsch rf7II in a 5.2 setup with hight speakers in a room that's 14x24x10. There is about a $50 difference between them with the 5009 being the most expensive. All opinions appreciate.

TIA: Menace

I'd rather give you $10 than 10 minutes. I can always earn $10, where do I go to earn 10 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 64
is there one certain feature that is swaying your decision?

It's for 'wall hung dude', and no, I don't need any help to 'hook-up'.... sheesh ... dirty minds around these parts....
post #3 of 7 Old 02-03-2013, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlhungdude View Post

is there one certain feature that is swaying your decision?

Not really. That's why I'm stuck I have a $1600 budget, and want to upgrade from my tx-nr3007 that went belly up, warrenty company decided not to fix it so they refunded the cost. I liked the 3007 so I figured I'd like the new ones. But I have no brand loyalty .

TIA:Menace

I'd rather give you $10 than 10 minutes. I can always earn $10, where do I go to earn 10 minutes.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I'd go for the 3010. Mainly for the HDMI issues ... between those 2.

And I come from a similar position... my 707 died 2 weeks ago, and I've been laboring over decisions... up to the Denon 4520,... but I think my sweet spot is the 818. For me, Audyssey XT 32 is a must, as well as dual HDMI out, and pre-outs. In the current O line-up, nothing higher up is worth the extra $$, to me. YMMV

Joseph

have you called Onkyo? They do have a "trade-in" program for units "just out of warranty". I had no idea and had never seen mention of it, until I called... but I don't think they advertise it... wink.gif

It's for 'wall hung dude', and no, I don't need any help to 'hook-up'.... sheesh ... dirty minds around these parts....
post #5 of 7 Old 02-03-2013, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
If you are doing 5.2 + Height (7 channels amplified) why not go with the NR818, NR1010 or other top-notch 7.1 AVR?

Do you have plans of adding more speakers in the future, or is there some other step-up feature you find critical in the NR3010? You have quite efficient speakers, so small differences in power shouldn't be a major driver in this class of AVR.

post #6 of 7 Old 02-04-2013, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hopkins View Post

If you are doing 5.2 + Height (7 channels amplified) why not go with the NR818, NR1010 or other top-notch 7.1 AVR?

Do you have plans of adding more speakers in the future, or is there some other step-up feature you find critical in the NR3010? You have quite efficient speakers, so small differences in power shouldn't be a major driver in this class of AVR.

You never know what the future holds... That's why I believe it is better to have and not need then to need and not have. I don't want a AVR that is less then the one I had. Right now I'm using a tx-nr709 and I'm not satisfied, my system doesn't sound the same, the best way I can describe it is it sounds anemic. Like it need some vitamins or something. The sound is not as rich and full as it used to be. If it is true I would be interested in trading in my 709. It was a refurb I bought from A4L with a 5yr extended warranty, or try to sell it on eBay or something like that. Does anyone know if the 5009 will sound better then the 3010? For me sound key.

Thank:Menace

post #7 of 7 Old 02-04-2013, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

No other advise? That's it. Help please

Menace

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page