RX-V373 tv input help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-04-2013, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So my mom just got a RX-V373, I talked her out of getting an all in one so I'm pretty happy and we just got a pair of Wharfedale diamond 10.1's for it. I was also looking at the V473 but it just had networking and the same power so I went with the 373.

I had her TV connected to a boom box from the audio outs and it worked fine, could go super loud, had the volume on the boombox at like 1/4th but you could only control the volume from the boombox and it didn't have a remote. Now that we got a receiver and there is no coax in-put on receivers anymore, I'm again using the outs on the TV for cable audio (bluray/dvd is going all threw hdmi into the receiver) but when I connect the RCA's from the TV outs to Audio 1 or 2 I get nothing when selecting them and when I connect it to AV 4 or 5 it is supper quiet, the volume needs to be +10.0db of more to even hear it and you can hear background hiss? AV 3 which is labeled as "TV" is only optical in for audio.

My HK receiver is all assignable so the Yamaha is kind of confusing to me.

I can get a composite out for the cable box, I'm just wondering why this isn't working? I looked for a gain option or something but couldn't find it, the TV gain seems perfectly appropriate when connected to the boombox.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-04-2013, 07:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 382
do you have a HD cable box? What model is it?

Afro GT
post #3 of 4 Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

No it's from the local cable company and SD, it says aminio and dolby digital on it, as stated I can get a composite adapter but I would need to call the company and have them come out, It should work fine through coax and the TV outs? I have the adapter on my box and TV down stairs but somethings wrong with it and it looks all grainy so I use the RCA for audio and coax to my TV, if they come out I will have them replace it along with adding the other one upstairs but its no big deal sense there's no audio lag with the way I have it.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-05-2013, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Figured it out, it was all the defective brand new RCA cable I had going from the TV outs to the receiver....rolleyes.gif

Almost blew the 10.1's out after I swapped cables as the volume was on max
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V373 5 1 Channel Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - V373 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page