Receiver with hdmi pass through and network connection - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello there,

Im new to this site and it is very overwhelming. Awesome. I will spend much time researching here.

I am looking at a receiver that has network connectivity, which I know most do these days. I also would like hdmi signals to pass through the receiver when it is in stand by.

Problem is that the Samsung TV I have only has 2 hdmi inputs, currently occupied with Xbox and WDTV, in the near future I wish to add a Blue-ray player and later a HTPC to the mix. When finances allow.

I want to run every thing into the receiver and a single cable to the TV. The setup is in the family room, so booming surround sound is not always called for. I want the receiver to basically 'act' as a hdmi switcher when in stand by mode. And be able to view and hear content solely on the TV.

What models should I be looking at in particular for this?

Are people out there using this sort of setup, or are there better approaches I haven't considered?

I know at HTPC can house a blue-ray, but I am leaning towards a MAC mini and plan to run plex. Before that in the short term I want a stand alone Blue-ray player as they are cheap. And its a good back up should the HTPC go down.

Always have a back up plan.

Thanks for looking, any feed back would be appreciated.[/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-04-2013, 11:36 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 1507
The configuration you suggest is what an AVR is designed for and the vast majority can do what you want, although it depends on your budget and speaker setup as to what to recommend (ie. do you want a 5.1 or 7.1 model?). You can review the current Denon series by reviewing post #2 in the Denon AVR-XX13 Owner's thread linked in my sig. All Denon models offer the HDMI Standby pass through feature you want with the lowest 5.1 networking model being the 1613.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page