Yamaha RX-V573 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 02-05-2013, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have just purchased a new Yamaha RX-V573 receiver and I note that the Zone A button doesn't light up on the panel face when I press it on the remote. I do not have any zone B hooked up. Should the zone A button still light up when I press it. Also I notice that there seems to be sound volume fluctuations when I listen to programs from my satellite receiver or my Apple TV. Doesn't seem to be noticeable with my Blue Ray Player. Thirdly, I note that there appears to be a short delay in volume change when I press the volume button on the remote. Should I be returning this receiver to the store or could I be doing something wrong. I'm sure that I have everything hooked up fine. I can't get a decent answer from email response from Yamaha. Here in Canada there is no help phone number to use - only an email inquiry. Very frustrating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
I don't think any of those are problems with the receiver.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-05-2013, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Do you have any idea what could be causing this fluctuation and why shouldn't the zone light light up on the panel when pressed on the remote?
post #4 of 10 Old 02-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

since you don't have another zone hooked up, why do you need to push the zone button? You should never need to use that button. Since the remote is already set to zone A, it probably doesn't light up. Does the remote work fine? Can you control zone A?

Explain what the sound fluctuation is with more detail, like what exactly is happening?
post #5 of 10 Old 02-05-2013, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I can control zone A with the remote. I was concerned because the manual states that I should be able to see the zone A light up on the panel when I press zone A on the remote and this doesn't happen. When I watch a program from my Expressvu satellite receiver, every so often the volume will reduce for a few second and then go back up to where it was a few seconds later. This also happens to a lesser extent while watching Apple TV and almost never while watching Blue Ray. I'm not talking about the difference in volume between commercials and programs but during the actual program.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Does the receiver actually turn down in volume and then turn up? or you just hear it go quiet then back to normal? It's possible it's just the satellite receiver that is causing the problem since it doesn't happen when you watch blurays. Try using a different hdmi input and see if the volume still changes. Also if you dvr a show or whatever see if it happens in the exact same spot every time or if it's random. If it happens in the exact same spot every time then it's probably the satellite receiver.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-05-2013, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I hear it go quiet and then back to normal. I will try your suggestions and get back to you. Thanks for all of your help.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-08-2013, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Tried your suggestions over the last few days. I seemed to be getting some fluctuations even on Blue Ray so I decided to take it back to Best Buy and get another one. I ended downgrading to a Yamaha RX-V373 from the Yamaha RX-V573. Its all I need for my purposes. The only real difference between the two was networking and dual zoning capability which I really would' use anyways. Everything seems great on this one and I don't notice the fluctuations. The only problem I have now is setting up my Wii. I have followed the diagram in the Yamaha FAQ for using the composite cables and the video cable. I have connected the composite cables from the Wii to AV5 on the receiver and a video cable from monitor out on the receiver to video 1 in on the TV. However, everything is black on the screen. Have you any ideas that I might try. I'd like to use the new component cable that Wii has produced as an option but it's almost impossible to find one anywhere - they're all sold out.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-09-2013, 03:26 PM

Don't mean to go off topic... but why doesn't this receiver display if its decoding dts-HD Master when watching a blu-ray?? I'm pretty sure I have settings correct on bluray player. BD Player Audio is set to bitstream unprocessed. older Yamaha AVR would always show what was being decoded... any help?
post #10 of 10 Old 02-10-2013, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

My receiver does not display either and I don't know why it doesn't. I'm sure everything is set up all right and it sure sounds fine when it comes out of the speakers. You may want to check with Yamaha support although I haven't had too much luck with them.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V573 Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page