Onkyo on/off issue - AVS Forum
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > Onkyo on/off issue
MACMANJW's Avatar MACMANJW 07:04 PM 02-05-2013
Hi, I bought a Onkyo receiver model # HTR-390 (yes i know this is a cheep one and it originally came with a home theater in a box but I bought the receiver on ebay for cheep) and this is the model that has the recall on it but when i put in my serial # on onkyo's website its not in the recall, so i am wondering what part inside needs to be replaced to fix this issue? i looked all over the internet but can not find out what part is making the issue thanks for your help smile.gif

thebard's Avatar thebard 07:13 PM 02-05-2013
Is your unit experiencing the specified problems (ie, automatic shutoff or static)? If the serial number doesn't come up, perhaps it isn't affected.
MACMANJW's Avatar MACMANJW 07:20 PM 02-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post

Is your unit experiencing the specified problems (ie, automatic shutoff or static)? If the serial number doesn't come up, perhaps it isn't affected.

Yes it turns on for 10sec or so then turns off. I'm good at computer repair so im thinking i might be able to fix it myself if i can find the part that is making the issue.
MACMANJW's Avatar MACMANJW 04:58 AM 02-06-2013
I'm thinking it might be a fault in the protection circuit and that's way it is turning off maybe i can disable it some how? but i know nothing about audio gear so it is only a guess:)
mariokrt64's Avatar mariokrt64 09:03 AM 02-06-2013
I have an 809 a few months old...experiencing a sudden shuttoff problem...it does not turn on back by itself...it just shutoff and I turn it back on...its an intermittent problem..not always happening...

Can you provide the link to verify the S/N recall on Onkyo's webpage to see if mine is in the list?

thanks...
MACMANJW's Avatar MACMANJW 01:31 PM 02-06-2013
809 is on the recall list here is the link smile.gifhttp://www.onkyousa.com/001a_modelreturn_entertype.cfm
mariokrt64's Avatar mariokrt64 04:29 PM 02-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACMANJW View Post

809 is on the recall list here is the link smile.gifhttp://www.onkyousa.com/001a_modelreturn_entertype.cfm

i verified and got this reply...."Your receiver does not need this update. "..So I guess my serial number is not included in the recall...I will keep monitoring the situacion to see if it continues then contact Onkyo if so.....

Thanks for the link....
mariokrt64's Avatar mariokrt64 10:07 PM 02-22-2013
Fortunately its being working better lately...I checked the speaker wiring and seemed ok....I still suspect some cable may be making undesirable contact with the receiver body...I need to double check more thoroughly.....
Up
Mobile  Desktop