Onkyo TX-SR313 is this enough? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
EXTRA INFORMATION
Hello guys I am in search for upgrading my setup, because it's become a bit of a mess. I now have an X-Box, PS3(x2), and a PC that all connect to my Plasma TV. I quit on cable services, so many channels and yet nothing to watch. Anyways there is only one ps3 connected to computer speakers using RCA cables at the same time connected to TV via HDMI. Anyways the sound on the TV is terrible when some of the other devices are using TV speakers As for when im on my PS3 it's a pain getting up to increase volume up and down depending on content all the time because the speakers have a volume knob on them.

Real Question
Anyways I came to a conclusion that it's maybe time for a receiver, isn't that the purpose of them anyways?
with a receiver $50-200
speakers $<100
subwoofer $ < 50.
EXPECTING = 150-300

Anyways any suggestion as what to buy as far as a receiver? my requirements I don't know. At moment my PC and PS3 are the only ones connected via HDMI to the TV. rest are in composite mode. Will I need to connect this receiver to my TV via HDMI if so I will be out of slots...? Are 350 watts enough? what good is 350 watts for? Is that more for only a stereo mode setup? like 2.1? this room is 15 by 20, sadly is open, no doors the other part of the house connects to this area. Is 350 watts any good for let's say maybe in Christmas time I want to finish my setup to a real surround?

What sites, stores, reviews to look at. so far here is what I wrote down on my notepad.
POWER---
make sure it's stated in RMS
ALL CHANNEL DRIVEN is better
100 x 5 @ (1Khz) is a bad indicator
THD <.1 preferably

I am asking for suggestions on a receiver, speakers and subwoofer. Will I need to go into the used market to accomplish this? I was hoping not to but let's face it these things aren't cheap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I came to a conclusion that surround sound would be a waste in such a small place. I been looking into soundbars, are there any soundbars that have multiple HDMI ports/ Component ports

Tags
Onkyo Tx Sr313 5 1 Channel Home Theater A V Receiver Black