Digital and Analog Input - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-06-2013, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question. I recently got this receiver. I have a Sony SCDXA5400ES SACD player connected. I have HDMI running to HDMI 3 input and the stereo RCA connections running to the SACD/CD input on the receiver. There is a setting on the front of the receiver to choose between digital and analog inputs..........I have it set to AUTO. If I am reading the manual correctly. I should be able to set the input to SACD/CD, turn on the HDMI connection on the 5400ES and listened to multi channel SACD......that so far is working fine. But when I turn off HDMI on the player and just play a regular cd I do not hear anything.......from the manual it sounds like if digital signals.....HDMI are not detected......the auto mode should read the analog inputs. I cant get this to work. I have to set the priority to analog to hear two channel stereo. I hope this makes sense. If anyone else has tried it let me know your results. It worked fine on my old Yamaha RXV-3900.

Thanks!
MNSACD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 81
It might help to mention which model of receiver you're having this problem with.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-06-2013, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yea my bad......I meant to post this under the Sony STRDA5700ES thread......I hit new post instead of reply. I have entered the same under that thread now.

MNSACD
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page