2Likes

post #841 of 1439 Old 05-02-2013, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Updated the firmware last Friday.

Using high-speed HDMI cables.

All internal connections look good, no blown fuses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 1439 Old 05-02-2013, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
jdbob

Have you tried this ?

Resetting the system

Use this procedure to reset all the receiver's settings to the factory default. Use the front panel controls to do this.

Set MULTI-ZONE to MULTI ZONE OFF.

! Disconnect the iPod and USB memory device from the receiver beforehand.

! Set the Control with HDMI to OFF (see

HDMI Setup

Switch the receiver into standby.

While holding down ENTER on the front panel, press u STANDBY/ON.

The display shows RESET c NO d.

Select 'RESET' using PRESET k/l, then press ENTER on the front panel.

The display shows RESET? OK.

Press ENTER to confirm.

OK appears in the display to indicate that the receiver has been reset to the factory default settings.

! Note that all settings will be saved, even if the receiver is unplugged.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #843 of 1439 Old 05-02-2013, 07:41 PM

Tried your suggestion slimoli, no difference.

Packed for shipment.
post #844 of 1439 Old 05-04-2013, 02:33 PM

Has anyone successfully used a Mac to download and unzip the firmware update? The download is a .BIN file and can't seen to unzip it.

Before you ask I have a current MacPro laptop running OSX 10.83, all is current. So when double click (right click for PC users) it unzips to a zipped .cpgz file. Anyone know what I;m doing wrong or do i need to barrow a PC for this file to unzip.
post #845 of 1439 Old 05-04-2013, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musselhead1 View Post

Has anyone successfully used a Mac to download and unzip the firmware update? The download is a .BIN file and can't seen to unzip it.

Before you ask I have a current MacPro laptop running OSX 10.83, all is current. So when double click (right click for PC users) it unzips to a zipped .cpgz file. Anyone know what I;m doing wrong or do i need to barrow a PC for this file to unzip.

I'm all Mac at home and I had no problems doing it.

The update file should come down as a .zip archive, not as a .bin file.

The current .zip archive is on this page under "Firmware and Software": http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/SC-1222-K

When your mac unzips it, it should put the contents into a folder.

There are 7 .bin files in the folder and you don't open those. Just copy them directly onto a FAT32 formatted usb drive and stick in in the USB slot on the front of the receiver. Go to "System Setup" in Home Menu, "Other Setup", "System Update", start update, and it should do its thing.

habe
post #846 of 1439 Old 05-04-2013, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 594
I used my win7 pc to unzip the files.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Theater Set Up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #847 of 1439 Old 05-05-2013, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habe View Post

The current .zip archive is on this page under "Firmware and Software": http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/SC-1222-K

There are 7 .bin files in the folder and you don't open those. Just copy them directly onto a FAT32 formatted usb drive and stick in in the USB slot on the front of the receiver. Go to "System Setup" in Home Menu, "Other Setup", "System Update", start update, and it should do its thing.

habe
Thanks, I used BetterZip to extract the files the USB drive and then follow directions.
post #848 of 1439 Old 05-05-2013, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cub4bearin View Post

are there any settings I could use for receiver to adjust volume during commercials? My god, last time it blasted in the middle of the night! Its becoming a big issue here. Thanks in advance.

That CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation) ACT was suppose to take care of the problem on the broadcasters side. Well since it went into affect (Dec 13, 2012) I have noticed a difference in the wrong direction. Commercials are louder now. And supposedly, DISH has Audio Leveling in some of their boxes, but I have yet to get it to really work without causing more or other issues. This is a "firmware" issue on their end.

I haven't encountered a setting in this receiver that does pure volume leveling. It would be nice under the circumstances. I've always thought that ALC and DRC only works within a codec to balance things out and haven't noticed any dynamic level control. When there has been dynamic control there is a side effect called "breathing" which is undesirable. One thing though, I am noticing especially with this receiver that when a program is recorded in just stereo (The Daily Show) and they go to a commercial that is 5.1 or visa versa, there is a major jump in volume due to the receiver doing its job and giving you several extra channels.
post #849 of 1439 Old 05-05-2013, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by habe View Post

habe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musselhead1 View Post

Thanks, I used BetterZip to extract the files the USB drive and then follow directions.
Zip is the default compression built into the OS on the newer (10.5+) Macs and you don't need to do anything other than just double click the .zip file, a folder will appear offset on it and there ya go. On my Macbook Pro (10.8.3) I started using CleanMyDrive that strips out all the "invisible" files that Macs use that sometimes get in the way of some Mac to PC operations. But I did my update on my G4 tower (10.5.8) by just opening the .zip in the Finder and dragging and dropping the files on the FAT32 flash drive. The receiver, thankfully, ignores the invisibles. And the wild thing is that I could only format the Flash Drive in FAT32 on my Mac and not our Windows 7 Pro machine. There may be a way, but I was in a hurry.
post #850 of 1439 Old 05-06-2013, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This weekend a friend of mine who has this receiver came home and tried to turn it on and all it would do was show "Power On" on the front screen. He could not get it to respond or do anything other than that. I believe he called Pioneer support and they had him unplug the receiver and that didn't work either. Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks,
EJ

RX-Z9 to KHORNS/SVS & FULL HERITAGE 8.3 HT Setup

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it
post #851 of 1439 Old 05-06-2013, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikjohn View Post

This weekend a friend of mine who has this receiver came home and tried to turn it on and all it would do was show "Power On" on the front screen. He could not get it to respond or do anything other than that. I believe he called Pioneer support and they had him unplug the receiver and that didn't work either. Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks,
EJ

See the reset procedure, just a few posts above yours.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
post #852 of 1439 Old 05-06-2013, 08:49 AM

Looking for suggestions on how to play Music in Stereo (L & R Channels) on the receiver with my Subwoofers on. I tried several of the sound functions and none of them seem to permit me to use this preferred setup. Without the subwoofers active, I'm missing alot of bass. My L&R channel speakers are mid-sized towers, but the deep bass cannot be achieved. Thanks for suggestions.

BTW, I have 11 speakers connected to the receiver (incl Center, 2 Subs, 2 rear Sat, 2 side bookshelf, 2 main L&R, and 2 sm front Sat).

post #853 of 1439 Old 05-06-2013, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDLexus View Post

Looking for suggestions on how to play Music in Stereo (L & R Channels) on the receiver with my Subwoofers on. I tried several of the sound functions and none of them seem to permit me to use this preferred setup. Without the subwoofers active, I'm missing alot of bass. My L&R channel speakers are mid-sized towers, but the deep bass cannot be achieved. Thanks for suggestions.

BTW, I have 11 speakers connected to the receiver (incl Center, 2 Subs, 2 rear Sat, 2 side bookshelf, 2 main L&R, and 2 sm front Sat).

Change the front speakers to small OR leave them large and change the sub to plus
post #854 of 1439 Old 05-06-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post

Change the front speakers to small OR leave them large and change the sub to plus

What sound field do I use for this? Just stereo? Doesn't that turn off the feed to the Subs?
post #855 of 1439 Old 05-06-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:

What sound field do I use for this? Just stereo? Doesn't that turn off the feed to the Subs?

Stereo = room correction + eq etc
Direct = room correction only
Pure Direct = exactly as it sounds.

But the speaker setting will be universal across all sound fields (even direct and pure deirect I believe).
post #856 of 1439 Old 05-06-2013, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

I have given him that and he is going to try it tonight. However he is not able to disable the zone 2 or anything as the receiver does not respond to anything only shows POWER ON in the screen when you hit the button power button and does not respond to anything else, doesn't shut off etc, no reaction to any button pushing, etc.

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it
post #857 of 1439 Old 05-06-2013, 12:29 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:

Try this:

On remote, press - "RECEIVER" - then, "2" or "STANDARD" until you see "STEREO" in the display.

In my experience, this forces any source to stereo. To return to surround, just select another mode.

I do this all the time.
post #858 of 1439 Old 05-07-2013, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have given him that and he is going to try it tonight. However he is not able to disable the zone 2 or anything as the receiver does not respond to anything only shows POWER ON in the screen when you hit the button power button and does not respond to anything else, doesn't shut off etc, no reaction to any button pushing, etc.

Last night he tried several of the reset procedures for Pioneers that I found in the forum, none of them worked.

Tried the reset procedure from the manual and as posted above
Tried ENTER + ADVANCED SURROUND for 2 seconds
Tried DOWN ARROW + MULTIZONE ON/OFF for 2 seconds
Tried hold STANDBY/ON button for 10 seconds

Anyone have any other suggestions before he turns it in for warranty?

Thanks,
EJ

post #859 of 1439 Old 05-07-2013, 12:35 PM

Liked: 24
Quote:

Last night he tried several of the reset procedures for Pioneers that I found in the forum, none of them worked.

Tried the reset procedure from the manual and as posted above
Tried ENTER + ADVANCED SURROUND for 2 seconds
Tried DOWN ARROW + MULTIZONE ON/OFF for 2 seconds
Tried hold STANDBY/ON button for 10 seconds

Anyone have any other suggestions before he turns it in for warranty?

Thanks,
EJ
None of those combinations are the proper way to do a factory reset. You can find the right procedure in page 68 of the user manual:

1. Switch the receiver into Standby
2. While holding down ENTER on the front panel, press STANDBY/ON button (The display will show "RESET <<NO>>")
3. Using the PRESET left/right buttons select 'RESET' (The display will show "RESET? OK")
4. Press ENTER to confirm (OK will appear in the display)

Regards

If this post has been useful to you please Thumb it Up!

·· AV System
Receiver: Pioneer SC-1222K
Spkrs: homemade monitors + Energy Take Classic 5.1
Display: Samsung UN55ES8000
Src: Comcast DVR / Apple TV 3 / Xbox360 slim / HTPC / AirPlay / Pandora / Bluetooth*

*Pre-processor: Noozxoide EIZO-rewire PRO
post #860 of 1439 Old 05-07-2013, 05:11 PM

Omg,i have the same problem just rigth now.Power on and nothing work is like is froze.only ligth on the front panel is power on.unplugg the unit and nothing.no even with the remote.mi sc1222k is not to old only weeks.any help plz.cant even do the factory reset.
post #861 of 1439 Old 05-08-2013, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by okibcn View Post

None of those combinations are the proper way to do a factory reset. You can find the right procedure in page 68 of the user manual:

1. Switch the receiver into Standby
2. While holding down ENTER on the front panel, press STANDBY/ON button (The display will show "RESET <<NO>>")
3. Using the PRESET left/right buttons select 'RESET' (The display will show "RESET? OK")
4. Press ENTER to confirm (OK will appear in the display)

Regards

Yes he tried that one first and it didn't work.

post #862 of 1439 Old 05-08-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbob View Post

There is no video generation from the SC-1222 to the TV at all, not even in setup mode. Tried turning off video conversion, no change. Removed it and put the Onkyo back in, works fine.

Of course now the actual seller (Worldwide Distributors) wants me to return it at my own expense for exchange. And the silly UPS office here closes at 9AM believe it or not!
For a couple of days my SC-1222-K worked flawlessly. I love this receiver. I bought it to replace may 3 year-old Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH. Great receiver, just doesn't have HDMI 1.4 or use the iPad app for controller. I can't read that amber led info from 15 feet back and 7 feet high.

What I did see on my new SC-1222-K is the Red HDMI led begin to occasionally blink. Loose video momentarily then restore video, never loosing sound. A day later it lost video altogether, still had sound. Checked all the cables, switched cables, swithed brands of cables, switched sources, tried all HDMI inputs with same source, reset receiver, the only way to restore video was complete power off everything unplug receiver and wait a minute. I plugged in receiver watched the HDMI red led blink as it set-up, then go solid red. I'd turn on the other components and restored video. This method didn't last long, and eventually didn't work at all. I have RMA for return and replacement with NewEgg. This the first time I've ever got a lemon. I know this doesn't help you JDBOB, but felt compelled to share my gradual loss of video with the group. Good luck and don't give-up on this receiver.
post #863 of 1439 Old 05-08-2013, 03:44 PM

Look like the neweeg batch came faulty or something is going on with this units.Mine have all the problems mentioned in here.Until the power on ligth come up,then nothing work no respond even to do a factory reset.I went thru 4 comcast cable boxes hdmi gone,and 2 samsung tv hdmi main boards.Today i contact pioneer and they send me to a local repair shop,mine was only a month old= no chance for refund from newegg.ordered on 4/4/2013 only couples of days past the refund date.
post #864 of 1439 Old 05-12-2013, 05:47 PM

Anybody have any recommendations as to why my sound isn't coming through when using my satellite box? I got a picture just no sound through the speakers. I get sound when directly connecting my iPhone so I figure I must not have the right buttons pressed. Thanks!
post #865 of 1439 Old 05-12-2013, 06:21 PM

How was audio transferred before? Did you set the option to send audio over hdmi on the cable box? You can also check on the app to see what signal the receiver is seeing.
post #866 of 1439 Old 05-12-2013, 06:31 PM

Audio was transferred before to the old tv (I have a projector now) using a set of component cables because the hdmi input didn't work on that old tv. We have dish network and have our main tv connected with an hdmi cable and I didn't have to change any settings on the box and that tv gets sound and picture just find. I don't currently have the ability to use the app because we don't have Internet in the house. I will check the box but if that isn't it any othe ideas?
post #867 of 1439 Old 05-12-2013, 08:47 PM

What happens if you bypass the receiver and put the HDMI cable directly into the projector?

AVR - Pioneer SC1222k

Display - LG 60" Plasma

Front - JBL L880's

Center - JBL LC2

Surrounds X 4 - JBL ES80bk's

Subs - Dual Premier Acoustic PA-150's

BR - Panasonic DMP-BDT500

DVD/CD - Toshiba HD-A35

CD Spinner - Some Sony HDMI 5 disk changer

2 channel Speakers - Martin Logan Motion 12's

post #868 of 1439 Old 05-13-2013, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_63 View Post

What happens if you bypass the receiver and put the HDMI cable directly into the projector?

I guess I don't know what you mean? Getting a picture isn't the problem, just the sound. I also noticed I wasn't getting any sound from my sub. Like I said, I'm sure it's just something I don't have set correctly. I'm brand new to the HT thing, especially figuring out a receiver.
post #869 of 1439 Old 05-13-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowens View Post

I guess I don't know what you mean? Getting a picture isn't the problem, just the sound. I also noticed I wasn't getting any sound from my sub. Like I said, I'm sure it's just something I don't have set correctly. I'm brand new to the HT thing, especially figuring out a receiver.

OK, my mistake, I wasn't thinking......projector....no sound would come from it, ugh.   I was up all day doing yard work, mowing, raking, weed whacking etc... and was a bit tired when I responded to this.    I was thinking along the lines of bypassing the receiver and plugging the source directly into the "TV" to make sure the source of the sound from the box was working.....   grey matter was a bit sluggish last night....

AVR - Pioneer SC1222k

Display - LG 60" Plasma

Front - JBL L880's

Center - JBL LC2

Surrounds X 4 - JBL ES80bk's

Subs - Dual Premier Acoustic PA-150's

BR - Panasonic DMP-BDT500

DVD/CD - Toshiba HD-A35

CD Spinner - Some Sony HDMI 5 disk changer

2 channel Speakers - Martin Logan Motion 12's

post #870 of 1439 Old 05-13-2013, 08:27 AM

Liked: 11
I have a weird problem that I cannot figure out........

in any source that is in stereo mode, or when I choose stereo mode, for music for example, the source is very muffled and sounds like a horrible recording. I cannot figure out why this is. If I listen to a any source and swap from stereo to some sort of enhanced or theater effect, it sounds normal again. But any feature that uses ONLY my two main speakers sounds awful and very muffled and wrong. I will say that I AM bi-amping the fronts, and the receiver detects everything OK when I run MCACC.

Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? I am thinking of just resetting the receiver? I already did the software update and it didn't help this issue. Speakers are set to small, and subwoofer and everything else works fine.

Any help would be very useful, this really sucks
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page