"OFFICIAL" Pioneer SC-1222-K Owners Thread - Page 30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #871 of 1442 Old 05-13-2013, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Can someone post javygonx's bass tweaks or send me a PM? I have sent him email but have not heard back. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 1442 Old 05-13-2013, 08:04 PM
g4s

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteface View Post

Can someone post javygonx's bass tweaks or send me a PM? I have sent him email but have not heard back. Thanks.
It's here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcvouknssbseg0m/MCACC_SUB_EQ_1_3.pdf
treyrhodes likes this.
post #873 of 1442 Old 05-14-2013, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragincajun5220 View Post

I have a weird problem that I cannot figure out........

in any source that is in stereo mode, or when I choose stereo mode, for music for example, the source is very muffled and sounds like a horrible recording. I cannot figure out why this is. If I listen to a any source and swap from stereo to some sort of enhanced or theater effect, it sounds normal again. But any feature that uses ONLY my two main speakers sounds awful and very muffled and wrong. I will say that I AM bi-amping the fronts, and the receiver detects everything OK when I run MCACC.

Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? I am thinking of just resetting the receiver? I already did the software update and it didn't help this issue. Speakers are set to small, and subwoofer and everything else works fine.

Any help would be very useful, this really sucks

In another thread a guy had the same problem. Seemed his internal wiring was hacked on his house. Tried correctly and all was good. Make sure your receiver is set to biamp and verify that your wires are run right.

Other than that try swapping speakers to see if it follows the speakers or the receiver.
post #874 of 1442 Old 05-14-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowens View Post

Audio was transferred before to the old tv (I have a projector now) using a set of component cables because the hdmi input didn't work on that old tv. We have dish network and have our main tv connected with an hdmi cable and I didn't have to change any settings on the box and that tv gets sound and picture just find. I don't currently have the ability to use the app because we don't have Internet in the house. I will check the box but if that isn't it any othe ideas?

what happens with any other HDMI source? Do you get audio?
post #875 of 1442 Old 05-14-2013, 01:05 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisd View Post

Look like the neweeg batch came faulty or something is going on with this units.Mine have all the problems mentioned in here.Until the power on ligth come up,then nothing work no respond even to do a factory reset.I went thru 4 comcast cable boxes hdmi gone,and 2 samsung tv hdmi main boards.Today i contact pioneer and they send me to a local repair shop,mine was only a month old= no chance for refund from newegg.ordered on 4/4/2013 only couples of days past the refund date.

Sounds like quality control has gone down the tubes on newer units. I got an email from Worldwide Distributors claiming they are finally sending out a replacement unit today. I think I will do some extended burn-in when I get to make sure I don't have another defective unit.

http://www.cvarc.org/tech/burnin.html
post #876 of 1442 Old 05-14-2013, 02:35 PM

Thanks jdbob,i call pioneer and they told me never heard about the power on problem.But they sendme to a autorized repair shop.Weird i found like 3 people with the same problem.Im positive that the avr mess up my equipment.Maybe too much voltage thru the hdmi terminals.
post #877 of 1442 Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:

Thanks a bunch. Will give it a try.
post #878 of 1442 Old 05-14-2013, 10:02 PM
AVS Special Member

I hope I made the right decision. Ordered from newegg the other day and it's shipping tonight.
The PDF and firmware links should be helpful.
post #879 of 1442 Old 05-15-2013, 04:26 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
On these forums you usually only here about the problems. I have really enjoyed mine.

Here is the latest thing i really like: if you have it setup correctly you can select it as airplay speakers even when it is "off". It will turn on automatically as soon as you send it some music.
Good luck!
Salem
post #880 of 1442 Old 05-15-2013, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Been running mine for two months now, solid as a rock. Been driving my speakers hard, receiver never gets warm and never has any problems.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
post #881 of 1442 Old 05-15-2013, 05:39 AM

Liked: 11
Would this work with my SC1222?: http://1saleaday.com/main/

I can connect my receiver via cat5 cable, but was interested if the above was a viable option considering it was a decent price.

Xbox LIVE gamertag: red71rum
post #882 of 1442 Old 05-15-2013, 06:18 AM

Does anyone use the AVNavigator app on an android tablet?? The app will not go into landscape mode when you tilt the tablet that way, which is very irritating! I have my tablet docked to a keyboard (ASUS Transformer TF300) so it is very inconvenient to operate it in Portrait mode! Wish they would make this fix!
post #883 of 1442 Old 05-16-2013, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuseOrange View Post

Does anyone use the AVNavigator app on an android tablet?? The app will not go into landscape mode when you tilt the tablet that way, which is very irritating! I have my tablet docked to a keyboard (ASUS Transformer TF300) so it is very inconvenient to operate it in Portrait mode! Wish they would make this fix!

Rhett is another app called vsx something. It has landscape view and is a bit more limited in some aspects. I use it cause any list keeps refreshing every 2 second and I can't select anything on USB, Pandora, dlna etc. I called pioneer and they are useless and there is no way to submit feedback for the official pioneer app. Anyway that one might work for your needs but it's like 3 bucks. It uses the up and down buttons to go through the lists which works better on my N4. Also allows you to access the main home menu through the app.

My question is does any one know how to stream Google play over to this thing? Or maybe know of an air play alternative in android? Or a HTC connect alternative?
post #884 of 1442 Old 05-16-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post

Rhett is another app called vsx something. It has landscape view and is a bit more limited in some aspects. I use it cause any list keeps refreshing every 2 second and I can't select anything on USB, Pandora, dlna etc. I called pioneer and they are useless and there is no way to submit feedback for the official pioneer app. Anyway that one might work for your needs but it's like 3 bucks. It uses the up and down buttons to go through the lists which works better on my N4. Also allows you to access the main home menu through the app.

My question is does any one know how to stream Google play over to this thing? Or maybe know of an air play alternative in android? Or a HTC connect alternative?

Using the App to stream music through Media Player is useless. Like you said, the list, when scrolling through, will refresh and go back to the top every time. No way of going past "G" or "H" in any artist, album or song list because it will go right back to the top! SO FRUSTRATING mad.gifmad.gif! I will take a look the App your talking about. Is it called VXS Remote by REAKOSOFT?
post #885 of 1442 Old 05-16-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuseOrange View Post

Using the App to stream music through Media Player is useless. Like you said, the list, when scrolling through, will refresh and go back to the top every time. No way of going past "G" or "H" in any artist, album or song list because it will go right back to the top! SO FRUSTRATING mad.gifmad.gif! I will take a look the App your talking about. Is it called VXS Remote by REAKOSOFT?

Yes. It takes a bit to learn and works decent. It's based off of an older model but seems to work since the ip command are still the same. I set my receiver to static ip cause that app does not seen to have an auto discover. I still use the official app for adjusting video or looking at the input output or for the eq etc. But I can at least stream Pandora now
post #886 of 1442 Old 05-16-2013, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Hey guys.. How do I turn off the on screen display when I adjust the volume?!

Mike Clough #24
post #887 of 1442 Old 05-17-2013, 01:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeclough24 View Post

Hey guys.. How do I turn off the on screen display when I adjust the volume?!

The 1222 doesn't have an on screen display for volume.

Quote:
Of course, I got it modified with the TK-427, which cheeks it up another, maybe, 3 or 4 quads per channel.
post #888 of 1442 Old 05-17-2013, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoon View Post

I hope I made the right decision. Ordered from newegg the other day and it's shipping tonight.
The PDF and firmware links should be helpful.
I've been running mine now for two months and have been loving it. It never gets warm, no matter how long/hard I run it....and believe me, there are days where I blast music for hours and it performs effortlessly....even with 6ohm, fairly power hungry front towers. I also noticed big gains from using the bass tweak pdf.....it's a little oddly written, but once you make sense of it, it's dead on! This is my first *real* receiver, so I can't claim it's better than brand A or model B, but I love it and am very impressed with it's performance vs. cost. Good luck and let us know what you think.

post #889 of 1442 Old 05-17-2013, 01:01 PM

Got a replacement SC-1222 today - no video to TV again. Tried something I didn't try with the original, changing from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 inputs on the TV. Had no reason to believe this would do anything since other components including the Onkyo SR707 worked fine with HDMI 1. But much to my surprise I now got a picture from the SC-1222. One of those things that make no sense.

Running MCACC on it now. Only time will tell. Maybe this one will decide that it won't work with HDMI 2 after 5 days?

The TV is a Toshiba 42HL167.
post #890 of 1442 Old 05-17-2013, 06:33 PM

I guess i got a bad unit,is on the repair shop and they have to order the main pc board of the reciver.Mine was only a month out of the box,used for couples of days and it die.Even in the few days of use sound like a nice reciever.Waiting for the repair shop for more information of the problem.
post #891 of 1442 Old 05-18-2013, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Is there a way to force stereo and 5.1 to output as 7.1?
post #892 of 1442 Old 05-18-2013, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:

Yes, use Dolby PLIIx or DTS Neo.X
post #893 of 1442 Old 05-18-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:

also extended stereo. I prefer unplugged through for listening to music.
post #894 of 1442 Old 05-18-2013, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

Thanks.
It turned out that the MCACC settings were way to low some of my speakers.
post #895 of 1442 Old 05-19-2013, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

Thanks for the tip.....I didn't know that

post #896 of 1442 Old 05-20-2013, 11:11 AM

The total power supply draw is less than 300W. So there is no way that the 1222 puts out a full 600W at any time. Now because of the very efficient class D you are using 240 W of the total available @280W whihch is incredibly efficient. You can confirm this by checking your power supply where your power cord attaches.
It makes sense that with a more efficient amp it can have a similar Watts/channel rating in STEREO when compared to the 600W power supply Denon 2313. For instance the Denon 2313 has a 600W power supply but in stereo puts out 105W/channel=210Watts=390 Watts in efficiency losses. I am going to guess that the Peak power of the Denon is much higher but RMS is going to be a better guide.

I have the same question: I do not have a 4k TV, but I would like to use my 2nd zone. I just bought the 2313, but for $15 less (basically equal) I can get the 1222. For me the answer is in sound quality, but I a cannot find a place that has both a 2313 and 1222 on dispay. Frustrating! and my local Hi-Fi shop which is the only place that carries the full like of Martin Logan speakers I want to try in store only displays Yamahas. SO I have no clear comparison.

If you wer 50% movies and 50% music, and you were not planning on buying an amp (Pioneer has pre-amp outs) or 4K TV (Denon has 4K pass through) for at leat 5 years and the speakers you were planning on were 4 ohms which one would you buy?

Bottom line, I like that it runs cooler and has the manufacturer will warranty with 4 ohm speakers, but will does the class Ds lower distortion level actually correspond to higher fidelity music to the ear?
post #897 of 1442 Old 05-20-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shidfar1 View Post

The total power supply draw is less than 300W. So there is no way that the 1222 puts out a full 600W at any time. Now because of the very efficient class D you are using 240 W of the total available @280W whihch is incredibly efficient. You can confirm this by checking your power supply where your power cord attaches.
It makes sense that with a more efficient amp it can have a similar Watts/channel rating in STEREO when compared to the 600W power supply Denon 2313. For instance the Denon 2313 has a 600W power supply but in stereo puts out 105W/channel=210Watts=390 Watts in efficiency losses. I am going to guess that the Peak power of the Denon is much higher but RMS is going to be a better guide.

I have the same question: I do not have a 4k TV, but I would like to use my 2nd zone. I just bought the 2313, but for $15 less (basically equal) I can get the 1222. For me the answer is in sound quality, but I a cannot find a place that has both a 2313 and 1222 on dispay. Frustrating! and my local Hi-Fi shop which is the only place that carries the full like of Martin Logan speakers I want to try in store only displays Yamahas. SO I have no clear comparison.

If you wer 50% movies and 50% music, and you were not planning on buying an amp (Pioneer has pre-amp outs) or 4K TV (Denon has 4K pass through) for at leat 5 years and the speakers you were planning on were 4 ohms which one would you buy?

Bottom line, I like that it runs cooler and has the manufacturer will warranty with 4 ohm speakers, but will does the class Ds lower distortion level actually correspond to higher fidelity music to the ear?

If you are a tinkerer then the pioneer. If ask you want to do is set it and forget them the denon. I had a1911 before the vsx 1122 and more have a1222. The 1222 sounds better than both and has a much more versatile calibration system than the Denon. IMHO the 1222 is the east to go fit sound quality. And just remember that it takes 10x the wattage to double output. But the gave that the 1222 runs so much cooler is what won me over.

If you have the funds order the pio and judge for yourself with an an comparison
post #898 of 1442 Old 05-20-2013, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by shidfar1 View Post

I had not noticed that the power supply says 290w input but you are right! Check out this review of the SC-61 which is very similar to the 1222:
http://www.hometheater.com/content/pioneer-elite-sc-61-av-receiver-ht-labs-measures

It says the SC-61 can do 100wX7 "continuous" (note the SC-61 has the same 290w rated power input).

But there is no free lunch. It is possible that it could do 700w for a while as there is energy storage in the PS but "continuous" is stretching it.

On the other hand I can verify it can drive my inefficient speakers to above comfort level on real life content in my medium sized room. At this level I am running out of excursion on my 2-way mains (even with an 80hz crossover) and the amp is barely warm!
post #899 of 1442 Old 05-20-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post

Stereo = room correction + eq etc
Direct = room correction only
Pure Direct = exactly as it sounds.

But the speaker setting will be universal across all sound fields (even direct and pure deirect I believe).

Can you explain the difference between room correction and eq? I thought the eq calibration was for room correction. Which aspects of the MCACC account for each? Thanks.
post #900 of 1442 Old 05-20-2013, 06:23 PM

Another question. On the pc software there is a tab for "group delay" and when I click it after importing the data from the auto mcacc calibration it say "no data" but I have data under the main tab for other things. Did I miss something:? Also, what exactly is group delay. This is a good sounding receiver, but not very intuitive for the average person to understand at times.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page