"OFFICIAL" Pioneer SC-1222-K Owners Thread - Page 32 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #931 of 1430 Old 06-02-2013, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm using the Polk Monitor 70s, two cs2 (front and back center) and monitor 40's for surround (6.1) I also have a JBL psw-d115 with a replacement 500W bash amp for the sub. It sounds much better than the 100W per channel Kenwood VR-6070 it just replaced ever did. It seems perfectly happy driving the 70s cleanly to uncomfortable levels. I just got four monitor 30s from Polk, so I'll be changing it up a bit and trying two for front high/wide and also trying two 30's for the rear instead of the single cs2. Or maybe the 40's for the front H/W and the 30s in the rear, I dunno. Plenty of options. Anyhow, I don't think you'll be disappointed, but may not see $500 worth of improvement unless you want to take advantage of all the other features, which I am really digging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 1430 Old 06-03-2013, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quick Question.

When using speaker B for full range speakers do I need to set front speakers to large or will the receiver automatically send fullrange to the B speakers.

If that is True, that would be convenient because if not, that would mean that when I go back to the main 5.1 listening room I would have to go in and reset the front A speakers back to small?

I don't see an option for setting B speakers to large and A speakers to small.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
post #933 of 1430 Old 06-04-2013, 12:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachiano View Post

Quick Question.

When using speaker B for full range speakers do I need to set front speakers to large or will the receiver automatically send fullrange to the B speakers.

If that is True, that would be convenient because if not, that would mean that when I go back to the main 5.1 listening room I would have to go in and reset the front A speakers back to small?

I don't see an option for setting B speakers to large and A speakers to small.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

I think the only options are for total volume output, bass and treble, and I think crossover. There are also sub adjustments but all this is for zone 2 which is what I think you mean by speaker b
post #934 of 1430 Old 06-05-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwild1 View Post

Hi,

I have iControlAV2012 app installed on my iPhone and iPad.
Both devices recognize the assigned/fixed IP on the receiver but show port 8012. On the receiver I tried to set Port 1 to this number but it would not allow me.
Either Port #23 or anything higher than 49900.

Is there a way to reset this port? Thanks.

I'm on android an I'm having this same exact problem. It was working before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
post #935 of 1430 Old 06-06-2013, 07:21 AM

I started setting up my 1222 last night, in my newly finished basement. I need to read the MCACC setup thread to get everything positioned and tuned, but have a question on stand by pass through. I know the receiver does upscaling from component to HDMI, but will it do pass through of a component input, through the HDMI while in stand by? I'm trying to figure out how I want to hook up the Wii. I don't know if I will always want audio through the surround sound, but would like the video upscaling. If it won't do the pass through, I'm torn between hooking the Wii up directly to the TV or through the receiver.
post #936 of 1430 Old 06-06-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habe View Post

I've had my SC-1222 set up for about 1 1/2 weeks. Playing through Polk RTiA5 fronts, CTiA6 center and Klipsch Rw-12d sub. Dishnetwork, Roku HD, PS3, Xbox 360, fed to receiver by HDMI, Wii by component, everything cat 5'd through a Trendnet X8 green switch.

Setup using Javy's MCACC 1.3 guide. ZERO issues, sounds great, stays cool (PS3 gets hotter), no Airplay issues. Need to get around to buying a pair on FXiA4's for rear surrounds.

When the SC-1522-K deal came up at Costco, I really thought about swapping out. I got the 1222 for $479 shipped from Newegg so would have had to add another $160 (including tax added in) to move up. The thought that I've had zero issues, having to tear down and re-set up, driving 1 1/2 hours to the closest Costco, etc. makes it not worth it for me........

habe

Do you have a link to the MCACC guide? Is it the same as this one: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1112470/official-pioneer-mcacc-thread

Thanks!
post #937 of 1430 Old 06-06-2013, 11:26 AM

I got my receiver tentatively hooked up the other night and can't seem to get sound while watching my satellite. I can get sound through the speakers when I plug my iphone directly into the ipod port but not while watching satellite. I have the hdmi cable running from my sat box into the hdmi sat port and one hdmi out running to the projector. I figure it is some sort of weird button pressing scenario I haven't tried yet. Could someone help me out please?
post #938 of 1430 Old 06-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowens View Post

I got my receiver tentatively hooked up the other night and can't seem to get sound while watching my satellite. I can get sound through the speakers when I plug my iphone directly into the ipod port but not while watching satellite. I have the hdmi cable running from my sat box into the hdmi sat port and one hdmi out running to the projector. I figure it is some sort of weird button pressing scenario I haven't tried yet. Could someone help me out please?

Did you assign your inputs in System Setup?
post #939 of 1430 Old 06-06-2013, 05:39 PM

No I sure didn't. I have a picture though would that matter? The picture is great just no sound
post #940 of 1430 Old 06-06-2013, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Make sure your HDMI output mode is set to AMP. Otherwise, you will get no sound.
post #941 of 1430 Old 06-07-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

Make sure your HDMI output mode is set to AMP. Otherwise, you will get no sound.
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff, where would I find how to select the "output mode to AMP"? On the sat box or in the menu on the receiver?
post #942 of 1430 Old 06-07-2013, 11:11 AM

Liked: 11
Hey guys, I have a bunch of FLAC files stored on an external hard drive: WD My Book 2TB External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 File Backup and Storage

But when I plug it into the USB port and select that mode on the receiver, it says that a wrong or no hard drive is connected.

Any thoughts on why the receiver is not recognizing my hard drive? I thought it would be able to do this.
post #943 of 1430 Old 06-07-2013, 11:40 AM

I've copied over FLAC files over to a thumb drive and was able to play them through the receiver, so I know the input works...
post #944 of 1430 Old 06-07-2013, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuseOrange View Post

Hey guys, I have a bunch of FLAC files stored on an external hard drive: WD My Book 2TB External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 File Backup and Storage

But when I plug it into the USB port and select that mode on the receiver, it says that a wrong or no hard drive is connected.

Any thoughts on why the receiver is not recognizing my hard drive? I thought it would be able to do this.

Quote:

I've copied over FLAC files over to a thumb drive and was able to play them through the receiver, so I know the input works...

Read the manual and see if there is a HDD / Flash drive size restriction.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #945 of 1430 Old 06-07-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Read the manual and see if there is a HDD / Flash drive size restriction.

Just went through the manual, doesn't state anything about size restriction.

Just says this "Compatible USB devices include external magnetic hard drives, portable flash memory drives (particularly key drives) and digital audio players (MP3 Players) of format FAT16/32.
post #946 of 1430 Old 06-07-2013, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just went through the manual, doesn't state anything about size restriction.

Just says this "Compatible USB devices include external magnetic hard drives, portable flash memory drives (particularly key drives) and digital audio players (MP3 Players) of format FAT16/32.

There's your answer. You external hard drive is most likely formatted as NTSF. You need it to be formatted as Fat 16 / 32.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #947 of 1430 Old 06-07-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

There's your answer. You external hard drive is most likely formatted as NTSF. You need it to be formatted as Fat 16 / 32.

Aw man...

You're right.. it is NTSF...

I just spent the last week ripping 70 or so CDs to FLAC format to put on this hard drive for this purpose.. have to see if I can reformat to Fat32.. Glad I haven't done all 200 I suppose.

Doesn't anybody stream FLAC from their computer/ hard drive to the receiver?

I can't figure out how to do this. Windows Media Player doesn't read FLAC files, and the only way I can see to stream music from my computer is to stream it through Windows Media Player.
post #948 of 1430 Old 06-07-2013, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Aw man...

I just spent the last week ripping 70 or so CDs to FLAC format to put on this hard drive for this purpose.. have to see if I can reformat to Fat32.. Glad I haven't done all 200 I suppose.

I can't figure out how to do this. Windows Media Player doesn't read FLAC files, and the only way I can see to stream music from my computer is to stream it through Windows Media Player.

Try it via your router if it has a USB port.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #949 of 1430 Old 06-07-2013, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Aw man...

Just an FYI, if you format to fat32 your file size limit will be 4GB. And I think I read somewhere there is a2TB limit imposed on the pioneer.
post #950 of 1430 Old 06-07-2013, 03:54 PM

From what little I've been able to find doing a search I think I'm having a HDCP issue with my SC-1222.

I'm using HDMI from my Dish box & BD player, I have to convert the receiver's output from HDMI to DVI for my Tosh 57hdx82 though. If I turn off my TV (so my toddlers will eat, etc.) when I turn the TV back on I won't have any signal. If I power cycle the receiver the image comes back. Sometimes I'll lose video if I change inputs from sat to BD or vice versa.

What say you mighty ones, HDCP issue or something wrong with receiver?

It's a pain in the keister and I really don't want to get rid of a perfectly good TV. Can't move it to another room because rptv is too darn big...

Thanks!

bill

bill
Pioneer SC-1222-K, Paradigm CC170, Atoms & PDR12, Tosh 57HDX82
post #951 of 1430 Old 06-07-2013, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

I'd say it is quite normal. You should not turn off TV without turn off everything in the chain (receiver and source devices). Also, most receivers don't like DVI TVs because they often have wrong EDID info.

Remember, the properly sequence of power on is TV->Receiver->Device to ensure trouble free HDCP handshake. If you turn off any device, you'd better turn off the devices behind it so that next time you turn it on, a new HDCP handshake will occur.
post #952 of 1430 Old 06-08-2013, 10:41 AM

After wading through 32 pages of this thread, plus the old one, I still need help. Is there some source of assistance in understanding how to use the remote? And how to hook up the components so they relate to the buttons on the remote? And to employ a universal remote?

I've had my SC-122 since the beginning of the year, and can't relate the HDMI inputs in the rear to the buttons on the remote or the charts on pages 29 and 39 of the manual. The dilemma has come to a head since I bought a Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote to simplify my system, and so my wife can use it on her own. She's been out of the loop since I got this receiver, added 3D components, and dropped the cable box for a Tivo XL4. The other components include a Sony BDP-S790 3D BluRay player, Roku 2 to listen to amazon Cloud, a Panasonic TC-P65GT50 65" plasma 3D TV, Nintendo Wii, Samsung VHS/DVD recorder/player, and a KdLinks HD-680, which I have no idea what it does or why I got it (I thought it might enable to use my computer somehow). All are connected via HDMI cables, and all except the VHS/DVD player are part of our Wi-Fi network.
All I really use is the Tivo for cable, Sony for movies and CDs, and the Roku to downstream amazon cloud. And of course the TV to watch. I've spent the past three days online, as in this forum and others, on the phone, and trying to decipher the manuals. I hope to get the Harmony to enable us to watch TV and listen to music. The Wii can go on its own if need be. The Samsung is really only intended to copy VHS to DVD and need not be part of the system. Maybe some day I'll get around to figuring out the kdlinks.
The receiver sounds great, and does what I want it to, clumsily. I'm happy with the MCACC 5.1 set-up; my aging, combat veteran ears don't need to worry about crossovers, 4k passthrus and such.
50 years ago I cared more about hi-fi. Now I just want to listen to CCR, watch Clint Eastwood, and let my wife check her food channels after I go to bed.

Any basic tips?
post #953 of 1430 Old 06-08-2013, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai Uy Ted View Post

After wading through 32 pages of this thread, plus the old one, I still need help. Is there some source of assistance in understanding how to use the remote? And how to hook up the components so they relate to the buttons on the remote? And to employ a universal remote?

I've had my SC-122 since the beginning of the year, and can't relate the HDMI inputs in the rear to the buttons on the remote or the charts on pages 29 and 39 of the manual. The dilemma has come to a head since I bought a Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote to simplify my system, and so my wife can use it on her own. She's been out of the loop since I got this receiver, added 3D components, and dropped the cable box for a Tivo XL4. The other components include a Sony BDP-S790 3D BluRay player, Roku 2 to listen to amazon Cloud, a Panasonic TC-P65GT50 65" plasma 3D TV, Nintendo Wii, Samsung VHS/DVD recorder/player, and a KdLinks HD-680, which I have no idea what it does or why I got it (I thought it might enable to use my computer somehow). All are connected via HDMI cables, and all except the VHS/DVD player are part of our Wi-Fi network.
All I really use is the Tivo for cable, Sony for movies and CDs, and the Roku to downstream amazon cloud. And of course the TV to watch. I've spent the past three days online, as in this forum and others, on the phone, and trying to decipher the manuals. I hope to get the Harmony to enable us to watch TV and listen to music. The Wii can go on its own if need be. The Samsung is really only intended to copy VHS to DVD and need not be part of the system. Maybe some day I'll get around to figuring out the kdlinks.
The receiver sounds great, and does what I want it to, clumsily. I'm happy with the MCACC 5.1 set-up; my aging, combat veteran ears don't need to worry about crossovers, 4k passthrus and such.
50 years ago I cared more about hi-fi. Now I just want to listen to CCR, watch Clint Eastwood, and let my wife check her food channels after I go to bed.

Any basic tips?

I don't use the supplied remote. I don't even use my Harmony remote either (POS). However, I do use the iControl app. I connected and rename all of the HDMI accordingly. I used my iPad or iPhone to control the AVR functions.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #954 of 1430 Old 06-08-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post

I can't find how to adjust this hdmi output mode to AMP
post #955 of 1430 Old 06-08-2013, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowens View Post

I can't find how to adjust this hdmi output mode to AMP

Press Audio parameter button on the remote. Use up/down button to cycle through until you see HDMI. Make sure it is set to AMP, not THROUGH.
post #956 of 1430 Old 06-08-2013, 03:30 PM

It is set to AMP and still no audio. This is crazy. When I was on the home menu and and speaker setup it checked every speaker with the static sound and I had sound through all of them. It's gotta be something simple that I'm missing
post #957 of 1430 Old 06-08-2013, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

If have ran MCACC calibration and everything is fine, the problem is your source device, not the receiver. You could also misconfigured digital audio source on that HDMI input.
post #958 of 1430 Old 06-08-2013, 04:07 PM

Here's what the front of my panel looks like. I haven't ran the calibration yet because I don't have carpet and I just wanted to set everything up to see if it worked
post #959 of 1430 Old 06-08-2013, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

From the looks of it, there is no audio from that particular input. So, you either mis-assigned audio on sat input to something else or your satellite box have configuration problems that can't output audio via HDMI.
post #960 of 1430 Old 06-08-2013, 04:20 PM

Where do I check how the audio is assigned for the sat input? On the sat box or receiver?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page