"OFFICIAL" Pioneer SC-1222-K Owners Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #91 of 1433 Old 02-09-2013, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For some reason my pandora keeps stopping in the middle of a song, sometimes it resumes playing, sometimes it just won't resume playing. But, sometimes it plays for about 5-8 minutes without any hiccups. It looks like the network or internet connection is interrupted, but screen shows as if it is still playing, just no sound. Dlna streaming and airplay works just fine. My connection is wireless via wifi adater. I had to return a pioneer vsx-11122-k for the same exact reason, pandora randomly stops. New firmware is installed.

A/V COMPONENTS

TV: Sharp 60" LED
RECEIVER(S): Pioneer SC-1222-K, VSX-521-K; Sony STR-DH100
SPEAKERS: Polk Audio Monitor 70(2), CS1, 30(2); Marantz, Klipsch KB-15
SS SETUP: 5.1 Zone 2
A/V SOURCES: Sony Bluray, PS3, Xbox Slim, Seagate GoFlex TV SJAT100,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1433 Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Pinoy,

I have my Pandora up and running just fine on the latest firmware. I played several songs last time without a hitch. Although I must say, the Pandora app is lacking at best.

TV: Panasonic Plasma 60" TC-P60ST30
Receiver: Pioneer SC-1222-K
Blu-Ray: Sony BDP-S590
Speakers: MK Sound M-7 / M4-T
Sub: MK Sound SB-12
post #93 of 1433 Old 02-09-2013, 09:23 AM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoy_AVS View Post

For some reason my pandora keeps stopping in the middle of a song, sometimes it resumes playing, sometimes it just won't resume playing. But, sometimes it plays for about 5-8 minutes without any hiccups. It looks like the network or internet connection is interrupted, but screen shows as if it is still playing, just no sound. Dlna streaming and airplay works just fine. My connection is wireless via wifi adater. I had to return a pioneer vsx-11122-k for the same exact reason, pandora randomly stops. New firmware is installed.

It is clear that your wifi link is not good enough and it is not related to the receiver. Move the antennas of your router or use an access point instead of the wifi dongle. I've been using Pandora and vTuner several times for hours without a single issue.

Regards

If this post has been useful to you please Thumb it Up!

·· AV System
Receiver: Pioneer SC-1222K
Spkrs: homemade monitors + Energy Take Classic 5.1
Display: Samsung UN55ES8000
Src: Comcast DVR / Apple TV 3 / Xbox360 slim / HTPC / AirPlay / Pandora / Bluetooth*

*Pre-processor: Noozxoide EIZO-rewire PRO
post #94 of 1433 Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 AM

Dborgill, Okibcn

Thanks for your replies. Pandora problem is solved! I connected the receiver via wired connection to my router, and now pandora works perfectly. I have been listening to pandora for 30 minutes without any stopping or interruptions.

I called pioneer regarding this pandora problem when i had the Vsx-1122-k, i was told that i had a bad NIC or network interface card. So, i returned it and got the sc-1222-k. Class D rocks!

Any good wireless access point with strong signal?

A/V COMPONENTS

TV: Sharp 60" LED
RECEIVER(S): Pioneer SC-1222-K, VSX-521-K; Sony STR-DH100
SPEAKERS: Polk Audio Monitor 70(2), CS1, 30(2); Marantz, Klipsch KB-15
SS SETUP: 5.1 Zone 2
A/V SOURCES: Sony Bluray, PS3, Xbox Slim, Seagate GoFlex TV SJAT100,
post #95 of 1433 Old 02-09-2013, 02:12 PM

Just placed my order for the SC1222K from Newegg for $530 total!biggrin.gif

Now I just have to figure out what adapter to purchase so I can hook my Pio up to my wifi router wirelessly.
post #96 of 1433 Old 02-09-2013, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue1 View Post

Just placed my order for the SC1222K from Newegg for $530 total!biggrin.gif

Now I just have to figure out what adapter to purchase so I can hook my Pio up to my wifi router wirelessly.

Welcome to the club!

Even watching the family flick with the kids, The Odd of Timothy Green, sounds absolutely fantastic. I am hearing sounds I never even knew my speakers could produce. Besides my room sucking for bass acoustics, this receiver is phenomenal so far.

As soon as I get permission from Javy, I'll post the bass tweaks in the OP.

post #97 of 1433 Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
ok i set mine up tonight ,did the full auto MCACC set and it set my speakers as LARGE
i changed it to small.
it set the X OVER to 80
i know the onkyo has an LFE that i used to set to the max 120 Xover
does this receiver have LFE?
how many positions is it supposed to measure besides the main seating position?
post #98 of 1433 Old 02-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dborgill View Post

. Besides my room sucking for bass acoustics, this receiver is phenomenal so far.

As soon as I get permission from Javy, I'll post the bass tweaks in the OP.
Not yet. Today I released an updated version. Also are you still having issues with the bass? Then we have to figured it out whats going on before posting the process. I update the document everytime I found something new.
post #99 of 1433 Old 02-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos38 View Post

ok i set mine up tonight ,did the full auto MCACC set and it set my speakers as LARGE
i changed it to small.
it set the X OVER to 80
i know the onkyo has an LFE that i used to set to the max 120 Xover
does this receiver have LFE?
how many positions is it supposed to measure besides the main seating position?
Yes it has LFE. You can measure up to 3 positions but generally mcacc does only one position when running full auto symmetric. Placing the mic at the center of the couch about ears height should be enough. If your sofa fits 3 adults then place the mic in the middle. If you have different seats positions then place the mic where you seat more often. Later will tell you how to do the other 2 positions calobration.
post #100 of 1433 Old 02-09-2013, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by javygonx View Post

Not yet. Today I released an updated version. Also are you still having issues with the bass? Then we have to figured it out whats going on before posting the process. I update the document everytime I found something new.

No, the bass is awesome. I just had to start from scratch though because I finally found out my "high quality" subwoofer cable from Monoprice was faulty and depending on how the cable was bent, the LFE signal was weaker/stronger!!

So, back to testing out my different MCACC mem position per your guide.

post #101 of 1433 Old 02-10-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoy_AVS View Post

Any good wireless access point with strong signal?

there are a couple of nice options in the opening post.

Regards

·· AV System
Src: Comcast DVR / Apple TV 3 / Xbox360 slim / HTPC / AirPlay / Pandora / Bluetooth*

post #102 of 1433 Old 02-10-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardtm View Post

Hello AV Experts!
I just got my sc-1222 fro NE, and am trying to get it set up for the evening viewing. But I am not getting any sound out of my tv, only the picture.
Setup is as follows:
Cable box>HDMI>Sc-1222 (sat/cable in(hdmi#2))>HDMI out> tv.
I do get sound when I put on my external amp which is connected to the frnt L&R speakers (pre outs).... Murf

OK, here's the answer:
I called the Pioneer help line & we went through a bunch of setup stuff. He concluded that I probably have a defective sc-1222, and should send it back. Big bummer.
So in order to have tv that night I hooked up the cable box directly to the tv, as previously. I got picture but no sound, whereas I got both before!
Looking at the tv connections, I noticed that I was now using a different HDMI input on the tv. Turns out that the tv has one or two HDMI inputs that don't input sound, only picture.
Everything is just as I like it now. I can use the sc-1222 to get big sound, or I can leave it off & just get the tv sound through my tv speakers, which I prefer for the normal, daily tv crap!

Murf

PS: Just watched "Kick-Ass"!!
post #103 of 1433 Old 02-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
just watched 2 movies with my new Pio and WOW is all i can say.Awesome SQ
post #104 of 1433 Old 02-10-2013, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just got done reading through both threads. Major brain damage. Got my 1222 last Monday from NE for $530. Torn on what Extended Warranty to get. I've 30 days to decide. Talked to SquareTrade and the rep was a mess. He told me all kinds of wild stuff that did not pan out when I did what he told me to do. So still looking for a 3-4 year. Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

All hooked up:
7 - JBL 4311 Studio Monitors - Mains and Surround (Wide)
2 pair Bose SE5's - Rear Surround and Front High
1 - 15" Horn Loaded 4x4 W Bin Sub
. . . and the MCACC was not my friend. And they need a skip button in the Navi, so you don't have to do MCACC every time you run a wiring reconfig. Did it manually and it sounds great. Since reading these threads after having a better "awareness" of the 1222 have gotten many great tips on how to effectively use MCACC and will try them. I'm use to Sonapulse and RTAs.

Bass: I have a 15" horn loaded custom 4x4 W Bin with Adcom GFA-1A power facing backwards (avoids bass cancellation) with mains set to Large and the Sub to Plus @ 100Hz and it is amazing. I tried it with the sub set to Yes and nothing came out of it. Will probably switch to my 15" horn loaded Carpet Bagger same power. It takes up a fraction of the room, but causes about the same amount of damage. Have had to dust and straighten pictures a lot more lately. The Bass line in "Forget You" really rings.

AirPlay: Have noticed, although it's great, it's not my direct connection that I have been running for years, which I can get used to, but it's kinda squirrelly. It drops and it's hard to get it back and the volume doesn't ramp smoothly. It jumps. Mostly too loud. With two sets of speakers set with iTunes it seems to have mellowed it a touch and makes it a bit smoother. But still squirrelly.

Pandora: Only get "Server Error" every time I try to do something with it. And what are you using to login with?

The main reason that I ended up here is I am having "issues" with the Wiring Navi and the installation of a BDP. And yes it told me to plug my sub into the Zone 2 out. I knew that was wrong off the top and it put some doubt in my mind about the accuracy of this Navi. Of which it has its flaws. Now the problem, installing a BDP. I trust the HDMI input port marked just BD stands for Blu-ray Disc? I have run the Navi which I have found can make more detailed settings than you can manually. Or at least as I have seen. No matter what I do in the Navi, although I think it's genius and the "interactive" manual that changes pages/topics as you move around the GUI, has been just plain weird. The Navi will not use the BD port for my BDP and set the analog audio so that it can be sent through the Zone outs so that I can access it with a single marked button, preferably the BD, on the remote. Or any remote for that fact. You can get to it through the front panel input knob. But once I'm comfy, I don't want to get up to roll the knob. It looks as if it's doing everything it can to avoid the BD input. One would think that a BDP would be a first and foremost device and considered and treated as such. The main problem is that there is no one button access to the BDP the way the Navi sets it up. And if I try to do it manually the audio selections in the set up are grayed out for the BD input and can not be set. So I can not access the BDP via the remote nor an HOne or set up any Universal remote because there needs to be a button to press for learning or a single marked selection in the UR set up. I have called and eMail Pioneer and may have to call again. But the first time I talked to them, I got a guy that must have not been having a good day. He was rude, argumentative and boiler plate script read everything. Not what I was looking for. Any assistance with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

I'm listening to some studio tracks while typing this and the overall sound, including the sub is just incredible. I hated to see my VSX-D909S go, but time moves on and I wanted contemporary CODECs.

Concerto Pour Guitare En Re Majeur, RV93 - Largo, (Vivaldi) Best of Classical Guitar: Beautiful
Rain - Obsession, Bob James: Great
Obsession - Dianne Reeves, Multiple sources: Incredible
Sweet Home Alabama, Jewel - SHA SndTrk: Nutz!
Only 13538 tracks left to go . . .
Oh and Star Trek 11 on a 50" Samsung DLP running DTS-HD Master: "F"ing Amazing!!! Major straightening up was needed after that.

Thank you for reading my book.
post #105 of 1433 Old 02-10-2013, 09:13 PM

FarmerBob, Pandora works fine, you just need to update to the latest firmware through USB. The usb drive must be FAT16 or FAT32 and the firmware zip file in the opening post must be unzipped to the root folder. It takes about 15-20mins. To upgrade.

After that upgrade you need to enter again the Pandora login info. Be sure do not use the iOS app to select Pandora, otherwise you wil get the same error. Use the remote or the front panel.

Regarding the PC software, you actually do not need it for configuring the system with it, Maybe that is the reason of your problems. It is well known that it has some bugs and confusing information.

AirPlay works perfectly. Check your wireless coverage, that is the most common reason of drops and jitter. The volume control is as smooth as any other source, you just need to be careful with the initial volume since it is very high.

Regarding your problem with the Blue-Ray, using the iPad/iPhone/Android app is easy to have the BD selected and controlled, so with the remote. Nonetheless I can't tell too much about those spinning devices, i got freed from them long time ago. AirPlay, Netflix and the PC mediaserver is all I need for ultra high quality video and audio sources. By the way your SC-1222K can decode FLAC lossless audio too!

Regarding the customer support, it seems that it is not really good taking into account some experiences described in these forums. It is not precise at all when troubleshooting problems.

Regards

·· AV System

post #106 of 1433 Old 02-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerBob View Post

I'm listening to some studio tracks while typing this and the overall sound, including the sub is just incredible. I hated to see my VSX-D909S go, but time moves on and I wanted contemporary CODECs.

Thank you for reading my book.
Another happy customer; so, who needs Audessey??? NO ONE!!!! biggrin.gif
post #107 of 1433 Old 02-11-2013, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

The more you play around with MCACC and the different profiles, the more impressive this receiver gets.

I will do some final tweaking tonight after suffering a bad subwoofer/RCA cable and post my results in the OP.

post #108 of 1433 Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
After writing my book above, I was still looking around and stumbled on, since the software update in the 1222 didn't say there was, a newer software update (was dated 12/10/12, can't see why it was not discovered and applied when I updated last week or rolled into the latest posted version) addressing Pandora and some other stuff listed under a thread on issues with Pandora. Hmmm. DL'd the update and applied it, can only do it via USB. That's probably why looking for one through the unit itself didn't garner any results. So I was two behind. Anyway, threw the update on a jump drive, updated the 1222 and reentered my login via the web interface, much easier and quicker than pressing the up down buttons for a month, got Pandora usage. Although the update wiped all my favorites out I had to start reentering them. Strange though I updated last Monday when I got this and I would have never known there was a new fix out unless I was surfin' and stumbled on it as I did. AND off the top all was well and working. Then late last night the 1222 stopped responding to the remote and the front panel buttons when in net mode. It will respond and let you move around anywhere else, but not once you get into the Net Media area and the first page of that selection pops up on the screen. Anyone experience anything like this?

Played with MCACC a little more after reading the MCACC thread, very interesting and you have to know what you have in the form of what version is on your receiver, and see that it's an art of setting up the initial state of the system. The correct ballet pose will get you the results you are looking for. I don't do ballet, so will have to learn and play more.

Oh and found the warranty at Amazon. SquareTrade 4 years for $129. I don't get the overlapping first year though. So it's actually 3 years. Oh well.

I'm waiting with bated breath on the reply that I hope to get today on the BD input issue. If I can get this remedied I will be very happy. Now I'm just happy with this 1222. And now I have something to add to it. I just may call. Much easier to deal with two topics over the phone than in volleyed eMails. Hope I don't get Mr. Grumpy! Nothing will get accomplished then.

UPDATE (02/11/2013):
Just got off the phone with Pioneer TS, a testy (grumpy) bunch, after a 10-15 minute wait, tells me they are having problems with something - "We are experiencing high call volumes" - OK. Glad I called, if I knew what I do now before I purchased this 1222, I would not have gotten it. It looks like there's a lot that it doesn't do that one would naturally expect for a once $1k machine that is not advertised/spoken about. I guess I'm a victim of being use to having a bit more flexibility (VSX-D909S) than is offered today and that this unit does not have by way of purposeful design. I was all but called a cheapskate in going with this model and expecting it to do things: like output all inputs that can have an analog input through Zones 2 & 3 (analog outputs) rolleyes.gif. It doesn't; Not having the BD input locked to one input kind (HDMI) and no adjustments/assigning possible (being able to add analog or optical input to the mix or change the name of the input or type, maybe Component); One button access to the place that the Wiring Navy put the BDP; and other "extravagant expectations" that was implied I had, but should not expect . . . OK. Mistake made. All I wanted was my BDP to be accessible via a single button on the remote and output through Zone 2 with the other connected devices. Once I added the "out through Zone 2", it was met with an exhalation of disgust. "Now you're adding things!". Well yes. Now to try to circumvent this situation by trying to trick the Wiring Navi, which I made mention that it can do more in settings adjustments than we can manually and was not told no. But it does. Oh well.

Oh and to fix the Pandora FW update UI lockup I had to reset the whole receiver. Being sarcastically told the page number in the manual where the reset instructions were, which I knew but wanted to do it with the tech on the phone. But not being told by the manual that a reset was what was needed to be done though. Because that didn't go smoothly either. It kept jumping to the D.Safety before I could get to adjusting the reset. To say the least, our conversation was tenuous at best. I guess I was asking for too much and was wasting his time by being obnoxiously demanding. Never thought I'd ever be looking at another manufacturer than Pioneer. This customer have not been "retained". If I keep this, I will be getting the extend warranty just to CMA. I'm not feeling too comfortable with this now. So scratch the "another happy customer".
post #109 of 1433 Old 02-11-2013, 12:20 PM

I'm having trouble getting my receiver to recognize any bluetooth devices or air jam. I've setup and connected a Netgear wnce3001 adapter for my home network via the back usb port. When i press the adpt button on the remote it says please wait then "no adapter". The manual says i should press top menu button and select bluetooth, but pressing top menu does nothing. My ipod touch says searching on bluetooth, but the receiver simply states no adapter. Any help would be appreciated at this time. I've spent way too much time trying to get this recognized on my home network.
post #110 of 1433 Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerBob View Post

reentered my login via the web interface, much easier and quicker than pressing the up down buttons for a month, got Pandora usage.

True! it MUST have a TCP/IP interface! Can't wait to go back home this afternoon and do some research on the whole interface, not only the integrated web server.

Thanks FarmerBob!

Edit:

This is the web server screen, the best configuration method so far for Pandora and it works perfectly. You just have to write the network address of the SC-1222K using your favorite internet browser from a PC, iPad, iPhone, etc... connected to the same home network. Should be the OP modified with this info?

Regards

·· AV System

post #111 of 1433 Old 02-11-2013, 01:42 PM

This is the COMPLETE listening modes table for the 2012 Pioneer SC receivers:
Code:
SC-68        
SC-67   SC-63
SC-65   SC-61
SC-1522 SC-1222 Mode #  Listening Mode
×       ×       0011:   (2ch source)
YES     YES     0013:   PRO LOGIC2 MOVIE
YES     YES     0018:   PRO LOGIC2x MOVIE
YES     YES     0014:   PRO LOGIC2 MUSIC
YES     YES     0019:   PRO LOGIC2x MUSIC
YES     YES     0015:   PRO LOGIC2 GAME
YES     YES     0020:   PRO LOGIC2x GAME
YES     YES     0031:   PRO LOGIC2z HEIGHT
YES     YES     0032:   WIDE SURROUND MOVIE
YES     YES     0033:   WIDE SURROUND MUSIC
YES     YES     0012:   PRO LOGIC
×       YES     0016:   Neo:6 CINEMA
×       YES     0017:   Neo:6 MUSIC
×       ×       0028:   XM HD SURROUND
×       ×       0029:   NEURAL SURROUND
YES     ×       0037:   Neo:X CINEMA
YES     ×       0038:   Neo:X MUSIC
YES     ×       0039:   Neo:X GAME
×       ×       0040:   NEURAL SURROUND+Neo:X CINEMA
×       ×       0041:   NEURAL SURROUND+Neo:X MUSIC
×       ×       0042:   NEURAL SURROUND+Neo:X GAME
YES     YES     0021:   (Multi ch source)
YES     YES     0022:   (Multi ch source)+DOLBY EX
YES     YES     0023:   (Multi ch source)+PRO LOGIC2x MOVIE
YES     YES     0024:   (Multi ch source)+PRO LOGIC2x MUSIC
YES     YES     0034:   (Multi-ch Source)+PRO LOGIC2z HEIGHT
YES     YES     0035:   (Multi-ch Source)+WIDE SURROUND MOVIE
YES     YES     0036:   (Multi-ch Source)+WIDE SURROUND MUSIC
×       YES     0025:   (Multi ch source)DTS-ES Neo:6
YES     YES     0026:   (Multi ch source)DTS-ES matrix
YES     YES     0027:   (Multi ch source)DTS-ES discrete
YES     YES     0030:   (Multi ch source)DTS-ES 8ch discrete
YES     ×       0043:   (Multi ch source)+Neo:X CINEMA 
YES     ×       0044:   (Multi ch source)+Neo:X MUSIC
YES     ×       0045:   (Multi ch source)+Neo:X GAME
YES     YES     0100:   ADVANCED SURROUND (cyclic)
YES     YES     0101:   ACTION
YES     YES     0103:   DRAMA
YES     YES     0102:   SCI-FI
YES     YES     0105:   MONO FILM
YES     YES     0104:   ENTERTAINMENT SHOW
YES     YES     0106:   EXPANDED THEATER
YES     YES     0116:   TV SURROUND
YES     YES     0118:   ADVANCED GAME
YES     YES     0117:   SPORTS
YES     YES     0107:   CLASSICAL
YES     YES     0110:   ROCK/POP
YES     YES     0109:   UNPLUGGED
YES     YES     0112:   EXTENDED STEREO
YES     YES     0003:   Front Stage Surround Advance Focus
YES     YES     0004:   Front Stage Surround Advance Wide
YES     YES     0153:   RETRIEVER AIR
YES     YES     0113:   PHONES SURROUND
YES     ×       0050:   THX (cyclic)
YES     ×       0051:   PROLOGIC + THX CINEMA
YES     ×       0052:   PL2 MOVIE + THX CINEMA
×       ×       0053:   Neo:6 CINEMA + THX CINEMA
YES     ×       0054:   PL2x MOVIE + THX CINEMA
YES     ×       0092:   PL2z HEIGHT + THX CINEMA
×       ×       0055:   THX SELECT2 GAMES
YES     ×       0068:   THX CINEMA (for 2ch)
YES     ×       0069:   THX MUSIC (for 2ch)
YES     ×       0070:   THX GAMES (for 2ch)
YES     ×       0071:   PL2 MUSIC + THX MUSIC
YES     ×       0072:   PL2x MUSIC + THX MUSIC
YES     ×       0093:   PL2z HEIGHT + THX MUSIC
×       ×       0073:   Neo:6 MUSIC + THX MUSIC
YES     ×       0074:   PL2 GAME + THX GAMES
YES     ×       0075:   PL2x GAME + THX GAMES
YES     ×       0094:   PL2z HEIGHT + THX GAMES
×       ×       0076:   THX ULTRA2 GAMES
×       ×       0077:   PROLOGIC + THX MUSIC
×       ×       0078:   PROLOGIC + THX GAMES
YES     ×       0201:   Neo:X CINEMA + THX CINEMA
YES     ×       0202:   Neo:X MUSIC + THX MUSIC
YES     ×       0203:   Neo:X GAME + THX GAMES
YES     ×       0056:   THX CINEMA (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0057:   THX SURROUND EX (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0058:   PL2x MOVIE + THX CINEMA (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0095:   PL2z HEIGHT + THX CINEMA (for multi ch)
×       ×       0059:   ES Neo:6 + THX CINEMA (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0060:   ES MATRIX + THX CINEMA (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0061:   ES DISCRETE + THX CINEMA (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0067:   ES 8ch DISCRETE + THX CINEMA (for multi ch)
×       ×       0062:   THX SELECT2 CINEMA (for multi ch)
×       ×       0063:   THX SELECT2 MUSIC (for multi ch)
×       ×       0064:   THX SELECT2 GAMES (for multi ch)
×       ×       0065:   THX ULTRA2 CINEMA (for multi ch)
×       ×       0066:   THX ULTRA2 MUSIC (for multi ch)
×       ×       0079:   THX ULTRA2 GAMES (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0080:   THX MUSIC (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0081:   THX GAMES (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0082:   PL2x MUSIC + THX MUSIC (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0096:   PL2z HEIGHT + THX MUSIC (for multi ch)
×       ×       0083:   EX + THX GAMES (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0097:   PL2z HEIGHT + THX GAMES (for multi ch)
×       ×       0084:   Neo:6 + THX MUSIC (for multi ch)
×       ×       0085:   Neo:6 + THX GAMES (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0086:   ES MATRIX + THX MUSIC (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0087:   ES MATRIX + THX GAMES (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0088:   ES DISCRETE + THX MUSIC (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0089:   ES DISCRETE + THX GAMES (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0090:   ES 8CH DISCRETE + THX MUSIC (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0091:   ES 8CH DISCRETE + THX GAMES (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0204:   Neo:X CINEMA + THX CINEMA (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0205:   Neo:X MUSIC + THX MUSIC (for multi ch)
YES     ×       0206:   Neo:X GAME + THX GAMES (for multi ch)
YES     YES     0005:   AUTO SURR/STREAM DIRECT (cyclic)
YES     YES     0006:   AUTO SURROUND
YES     YES     0151:   Auto Level Control (A.L.C.)
YES     YES     0007:   DIRECT
YES     YES     0008:   PURE DIRECT
YES     ×       0152:   OPTIMUM SURROUND

Enjoy!!!!

·· AV System

post #112 of 1433 Old 02-11-2013, 03:27 PM

Liked: 12
I have the Canadian model, the SC-1227-k from Future Shop. I purchased an AS-BT200 to be able to stream music from my iPod wirelessly. I'm able to get the wireless streaming, but I can't get any album artwork and song information to display on my tv. When I press on the Airplay symbol on my iPod, I'm given the two options, to choose from: iPod Touch or AS-BT200. Would anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.
post #113 of 1433 Old 02-11-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newview View Post

I'm having trouble getting my receiver to recognize any bluetooth devices or air jam. I've setup and connected a Netgear wnce3001 adapter for my home network via the back usb port. When i press the adpt button on the remote it says please wait then "no adapter". The manual says i should press top menu button and select bluetooth, but pressing top menu does nothing. My ipod touch says searching on bluetooth, but the receiver simply states no adapter. Any help would be appreciated at this time. I've spent way too much time trying to get this recognized on my home network.

The behaviour of the SC-1222K and your iPod is as expected. The Netgear wnce3001 must be connected to the ethernet port of the SC-1222K since it is a wifi access point, not a Bluetooth dongle. Be sure you configure the wnce3001 and link it to your wifi router prior to connecting it to the SC-1222K. After that no configuration is needed. your iPod will detect your SC-1222K as an available Airplay device in any player.

Regards

·· AV System

post #114 of 1433 Old 02-11-2013, 06:53 PM

I opened my receiver up tonight and started trying to get it hooked up. This is my first receiver and I have already ran into a problem. I hooked up my blue ray player and projector. My connection was hdmi from blue ray player into the receiver then hdmi out from receiver to projector. No matter what I couldn't get a picture or sound. I get a picture when I hook the blue ray player directly up to the projector. Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!
post #115 of 1433 Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 PM

Interesting, the ethernet interface of the SC-1222K, and probably the rest of the Pioneer receivers, has several working ports:

80 http
It is the web setup interface. You can access it using any web browser, just type http://my_receiver_ip. From that interface you can configure some networking options and the user and password of the Pandora and SiriusXM services in a clean and simple interface. You can find your receiver network address as four numbers separated by dots like 192.168.0.101. It shoud be accesible in your receiver OSD menu.

23 telnet
It becomes more interesting. When accessing the port using a telnet client (PuTTY is my favorite) the BridgeCo AG Telnet server receives us at the other side. It acceps the RS232 commands throuth the telnet interface, so when tou type VU the volume goes up. VD turns it down. All the commands are available, even MCACC configuration. Scripts can be created for complicated sequences. Now I will investigate programable IP remotes like iRule app.

8080 http alt
The webserver is also open in this port, but no website is up, just the index page. When typing http://my_receiver_ip:8080 in your web browser there is just a message saying:
PRESENTATION PAGE

1024 Apple Airplay
It is the Apple Airplay server port.

1900 ssdp
This is the Universap Plug'n'Play UDP interface. It allows the SC-1222K to be discovered in a non static network. It is most probably the way the iControl app discovers the network address of the SC-1222K.

8102 telnet alt
Telnet service available also in this port, no welcome text this time by the BridgeCo AG Telnet server. Same functionality than the port 23.

49152, 49153 and 49154 telnet alt
Ports also associated to the Telnet server.

443 https
Maybe this is the most surprising port of this receiver. When trying to access it with an internet browser at the address https://my_receiver_ip (https instead of http) it returns an invalid certificate. If the user choose to continue, then it enters to the main webserver but using an encrypted communication link. Inspecting the certificate inside the Pioneer SC-1222K, and probably the rest of the Pioneer receivers with ethernet interface, we find an unexpected surprise:
Certificate issued to: avr.denon.jp (It seems that portions or the whole control firmware was made by Denon)
Certificate issued by: avr.denon.jp (this means that it is an autocertificate)
Valid from 2/12/2007 to 2/12/1999 (yes, it was always expired since it was created)
Email: dpms-master@denon.co.jp (DPMS stands for Denon Product Management Server)
Common Name: avr.denon.jp
Organizative unit: Denon Brand Company
Company: D+M Holdings Inc.
State: Kanagawa

Some thoughts:
It is surprising, but why Pioneer left a Denon certificate that was designed for not working on any date?
BridgeCo AG, the Swiss company who developed the telnet server, changed its name in 2009. Since then it is called Archwave AG. It seems that our firmware really has portions of old code.
msu2 likes this.

·· AV System

post #116 of 1433 Old 02-12-2013, 03:48 AM

I was able to connect my receiver to network using NetGear WNCE2001 adapter. I am able to play music from my iPhone and iPad but not getting any video. Anyone knows a fix to this issue? Apple TV or any other AirPlay device should be able to play audio and video both.

Let me know if I am missing anything.
post #117 of 1433 Old 02-12-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammody View Post

I was able to connect my receiver to network using NetGear WNCE2001 adapter. I am able to play music from my iPhone and iPad but not getting any video. Anyone knows a fix to this issue? Apple TV or any other AirPlay device should be able to play audio and video both.

Let me know if I am missing anything.

AFAIK none of the AV receivers currently support AirPlay video. Apple hasn't extended license for streaming video via AirPlay yet. They probably do not want to jeopardize their Apple TV sales.

Nonetheless there is a cheap alternative to the Apple TV, it is an open hardware device called Raspberry Pi. It costs $35. You can install the XBMC firmware called raspbmc and you can have a media player with AV Airplay Support. I do not know the legal framework of this firmware but it provides an audio and video Airplay interface. I have streamed video with 5.1 audio through Apple TV, I do not know the raspbmc capabilities.

Regards

·· AV System

post #118 of 1433 Old 02-12-2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okibcn View Post

The behaviour of the SC-1222K and your iPod is as expected. The Netgear wnce3001 must be connected to the ethernet port of the SC-1222K since it is a wifi access point, not a Bluetooth dongle. Be sure you configure the wnce3001 and link it to your wifi router prior to connecting it to the SC-1222K. After that no configuration is needed. your iPod will detect your SC-1222K as an available Airplay device in any player.

Regards
The Netgear wnce3001 is connected via the ethernet port and usb. The Netgear adapter shows a continuous green light like it is supposed to, and the receiver shows an IP address. On internet radio it will loop from connecting to network problem. I can't even get the access code for the radio-pioneer sight. I wish there was a better trouble shooting section for this.
post #119 of 1433 Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Interesting, the ethernet interface of the SC-1222K, and probably the rest of the Pioneer receivers, has several working ports:

80 http
It is the web setup interface. You can access it using any web browser, just type http://my_receiver_ip. From that interface you can configure some networking options and the user and password of the Pandora and SiriusXM services in a clean and simple interface. You can find your receiver network address as four numbers separated by dots like 192.168.0.101. It shoud be accesible in your receiver OSD menu.

23 telnet
It becomes more interesting. When accessing the port using a telnet client (PuTTY is my favorite) the BridgeCo AG Telnet server receives us at the other side. It acceps the RS232 commands throuth the telnet interface, so when tou type VU the volume goes up. VD turns it down. All the commands are available, even MCACC configuration. Scripts can be created for complicated sequences. Now I will investigate programable IP remotes like iRule app.

8080 http alt
The webserver is also open in this port, but no website is up, just the index page. When typing http://my_receiver_ip:8080 in your web browser there is just a message saying:
PRESENTATION PAGE

1024 Apple Airplay
It is the Apple Airplay server port.

1900 ssdp
This is the Universap Plug'n'Play UDP interface. It allows the SC-1222K to be discovered in a non static network. It is most probably the way the iControl app discovers the network address of the SC-1222K.

8102 telnet alt
Telnet service available also in this port, no welcome text this time by the BridgeCo AG Telnet server. Same functionality than the port 23.

49152, 49153 and 49154 telnet alt
Ports also associated to the Telnet server.

443 https
Maybe this is the most surprising port of this receiver. When trying to access it with an internet browser at the address https://my_receiver_ip (https instead of http) it returns an invalid certificate. If the user choose to continue, then it enters to the main webserver but using an encrypted communication link. Inspecting the certificate inside the Pioneer SC-1222K, and probably the rest of the Pioneer receivers with ethernet interface, we find an unexpected surprise:
Certificate issued to: avr.denon.jp (It seems that portions or the whole control firmware was made by Denon)
Certificate issued by: avr.denon.jp (this means that it is an autocertificate)
Valid from 2/12/2007 to 2/12/1999 (yes, it was always expired since it was created)
Email: dpms-master@denon.co.jp
Common Name: avr.denon.jp
Organizative unit: Denon Brand Company
Company: D+M Holdings Inc.
State: Kanagawa

It is surprising, but why Pioneer left a Denon certificate that was designed for not working on any date?

You can get all of the hex codes for RS232/IP communication (and remote control, for that matter) from the Pioneer custom install site here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/Home-Entertainment-Custom-Install

Ive used VSX Remote (3rd party Android app) successfully with the 1222-K. The dev of the app also confirmed it will be compatible. I believe it has more functionality than the Pioneer app (I havent bought the paid version of it yet), but I also had no problem using the Pioneer app either.

With all of the codes in hand one could easily write a Windows, Android or iOS app to do whatever they wanted. Neat stuff.
post #120 of 1433 Old 02-12-2013, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:

443 https
Maybe this is the most surprising port of this receiver...Certificate issued to: avr.denon.jp (It seems that portions or the whole control firmware was made by Denon)...It is surprising, but why Pioneer left a Denon certificate that was designed for not working on any date?

Forum member MCode has posted a year or so ago that Pioneer & Denon outsources mfg of several of their receiver models to the same OEM company in the same plant, to each company's specs. not all models but some. so could be some shared architecture you discovered, and maybe deactivated for Pioneer. I can't recall the company's name & it's irrelevant anyway.

Steve
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page