Forum Jump: 

post #1411 of 1424 Old 06-15-2014, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNEWoLF View Post
Pioneer has updated the IControl app in March, just found it now for apple products. Its called IControl AV 5. It is now back compatable with the SC 1222, SC 1522 and many other older recievers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icontrolav2014

The us the link for Android users. Thanks for the heads up!
While I'm here, thanks to LNEWoLF & scoobdude for posting about iControlAV5. without this, who knows when, if ever, I would have learned about it. One of the few good things about having to go through the warranty replacement of my 1222 was iControlAV2013.

For 2013 they added a music player/wifi streamer that really works - i haven't had any drops/breaks - and digital db display to the volume control. The db display only worked when increasing the volume though, didn't change when turning it down. iControlAV5 fixed this.

If you are using iControlAV2012, you really should try iControlAV5. You can run them together. My tablet has all three installed. Much like their remote, Pioneer could really improve the app navigation - but at least iControlAV5 does more tricks.

Last edited by happy2Lurk; 06-15-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1424 Old 06-16-2014, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by trp3383

I'm constantly having Pandora issues where it will just stop playing randomly. Sometimes it starts back up after a few minutes and sometimes it doesn't. I want to do a factory reset but can't find anywhere to copy my setting to a usb stick?

Have you updated the firmware?
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...vers/SC-1222-K
Everybody should have the latest firmware. The last version they have is over 2 years old. The 1222-K is EOL.

I use Pandora to go to sleep at night and have noticed there are times that there are big dead spots. Going up a step or back to the main menu and then back to Pandora, usually fixes it for a while.
post #1413 of 1424 Old 06-18-2014, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
SC-1222-K looks very good and have Class D3 amplification. The upcoming VSX-1124-K doesn't have D3 but have Subwoofer EQ.

What would be the best choice between those 2? What would be the difference in sound between those 2 ( D3 vs AB amplification)?

Thanks!!!
post #1414 of 1424 Old 06-19-2014, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDST View Post
SC-1222-K looks very good and have Class D3 amplification. The upcoming VSX-1124-K doesn't have D3 but have Subwoofer EQ.

What would be the best choice between those 2? What would be the difference in sound between those 2 ( D3 vs AB amplification)?

Thanks!!!
wait for the new models with D3 amps later this year
post #1415 of 1424 Old 06-24-2014, 09:03 AM

Liked: 11
Can someone please explain to me why Im having audio from my T.V when Im using my internet ,but not going through the ARC from my Visio M series to my 1222K? However,I get correct sound when listening to reg T.V?
Also , Im wanting to know how to properly connect my 1222K to ethernet ? And can I connect it to my laptop via WIFI??
I received my 1222K second hand ,and let me tell u in my 45 yrs, I`ve never heard such pure sound from an AVR ,and not a component as I1ve always had.. Im really happy with this unit ,that Im thinking of getting another??
Also can anyone give me any pointers about connect a two channel amp to 1222K, and two extra speakers???? I know there isnt a 12V trigger? Is there another way ,and to receive the correct balanced sound???
im ordering the new Emotiva ERC-3 Balanced CD player... I cant wait for it to get here!!
But Im wanting to connect an Emotiva amp,or Music Hall two channel amp if possible through my AVR??
I might have to upgrade to a higher SC model that provides a 12V ttrigger? I cant believe Pioneer didnt put one on this model???
So I woiuld really like to hear some feedback if all possible????
Thank u, Dabsim

Last edited by dabsim; 06-24-2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: didny put all info
post #1416 of 1424 Old 06-24-2014, 02:23 PM

Arc is usually tied to one hdmi port and did need to be turned on from the TV and accepted by the receiver.

For ethernet you need to run a cable from your router. There are other ways as well but still require the same concept

2 extra speakers for what? How many do you have connected now? There are 7 amps and at least 2 preamps.

For the 12 volt trigger there are surge protectors that are switched on based on a rise in current.
post #1417 of 1424 Old 06-24-2014, 03:24 PM

Scoobdude? When Im using my internet on my T.V like Netflix. It want come through the ARC,and sound only comes from my T.V,and not the AVR???
Now on the issue about wanting to c if I can connect an Emotiva 2 channel amp ,and run a pair of B&W 6 series or a pair of Def Tech studio moniters??
I enjoy the 1222K sound. However, It would b nice to have some variety . Its hard to beat a good quility sound from a great solid state amp...
post #1418 of 1424 Old 06-24-2014, 03:49 PM

Again check your TV. Find out which one hdmi port is for arc.

You have 3 zones on the avr. 2 is powered if only using 5.1 or has preouts. Zone 3 is preout only. There maybe more preouts but I have not been back there in awhile. So it is possible to hook them up...he you want them hooked up is a different story to see.
post #1419 of 1424 Old 06-24-2014, 03:56 PM

Okay. C ,I wasnt sure if I could even connect the amp to the pre outs? But it does make sense.. Im going to call Emotiva tomorrow to find out more,but Im finding out just how good Pioneers D3 amplification sound is. And its a bit of a price increase to aquire a more substantial sound that the D3 produces??
Thanks for the input guys...
post #1420 of 1424 Old 06-30-2014, 09:59 PM

Liked: 0
I just got one of these sc-1222k AVR's and the only sound I get out of it is from the speaker test leveling feature.
No sound from any inputs. Not from digital or analog. Not even from the FM radio. But when I go to the speaker level setup it puts out a test one on each speaker. I cant even get sound from a USB stick with music on it. It gets even better (sarcasm) no sound from headphones !

The other wack thing I noticed is that there is a set of analog audio inputs called "video" and just above it is a old composite video input. Nowhere in the manual or or the remote or in any screens do I see a way to use these inputs. There is no "video" to select anywhere! I see tv, cd, dvd and everything else but no "video" How stupid can Pioneer be? This AVR has turned out to be a rather nightmarish thing that has made me want to not buy anything Pioneer.

Last edited by SeventhHeaven; 06-30-2014 at 10:18 PM.
post #1421 of 1424 Old 07-01-2014, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhHeaven View Post
I just got one of these sc-1222k AVR's and the only sound I get out of it is from the speaker test leveling feature.
No sound from any inputs. Not from digital or analog. Not even from the FM radio. But when I go to the speaker level setup it puts out a test one on each speaker. I cant even get sound from a USB stick with music on it. It gets even better (sarcasm) no sound from headphones !

The other wack thing I noticed is that there is a set of analog audio inputs called "video" and just above it is a old composite video input. Nowhere in the manual or or the remote or in any screens do I see a way to use these inputs. There is no "video" to select anywhere! I see tv, cd, dvd and everything else but no "video" How stupid can Pioneer be? This AVR has turned out to be a rather nightmarish thing that has made me want to not buy anything Pioneer.
New or used?

In either case, have you tried to reset the AVR?

From the Interactive Manual:

Using other functions

Resetting the system

Use this procedure to reset all the receiver’s settings to the factory default. Use the front panel controls to do this. Set MULTI-ZONE to MULTI ZONE OFF.

Disconnect the iPod and USB memory device from the receiver beforehand.

Set the Control with HDMI to OFF (see HDMI Setup).

1 - Switch the receiver into standby.

2 - While holding down ENTER on the front panel, press STANDBY/ON.

The display shows RESET NO .

3 - Select ‘RESET’ using PRESET controls, then press ENTER on the front panel.

The display shows RESET? OK.

4 - Press ENTER to confirm.

OK appears in the display to indicate that the receiver has been reset to the factory default settings.

After reset check for sound.

To get to VIDEO or any of the other inputs not on the remote ...

- you can press HDMI to cycle thru the HDMI inputs

- use the INPUT SELECT arrow keys

- SIGNAL SEL will switch between digital & analog on a selected input

- you can combine the above - i.e. to get to VIDEO, press BD then HDMI (works on my SC-72 - 1222-k may be different)

Hope reset restores your sound.
post #1422 of 1424 Old 07-03-2014, 10:54 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2Lurk View Post
New or used?

In either case, have you tried to reset the AVR?

From the Interactive Manual:

Using other functions

Resetting the system

Use this procedure to reset all the receiver’s settings to the factory default. Use the front panel controls to do this. Set MULTI-ZONE to MULTI ZONE OFF.

Disconnect the iPod and USB memory device from the receiver beforehand.

Set the Control with HDMI to OFF (see HDMI Setup).

1 - Switch the receiver into standby.

2 - While holding down ENTER on the front panel, press STANDBY/ON.

The display shows RESET NO .

3 - Select ‘RESET’ using PRESET controls, then press ENTER on the front panel.

The display shows RESET? OK.

4 - Press ENTER to confirm.

OK appears in the display to indicate that the receiver has been reset to the factory default settings.

After reset check for sound.

To get to VIDEO or any of the other inputs not on the remote ...

- you can press HDMI to cycle thru the HDMI inputs

- use the INPUT SELECT arrow keys

- SIGNAL SEL will switch between digital & analog on a selected input

- you can combine the above - i.e. to get to VIDEO, press BD then HDMI (works on my SC-72 - 1222-k may be different)

Hope reset restores your sound.
Im gonna take it back out the box ( I was about to send it back ) and try this.
Thanks. Ill let you know if it helped. Its used. Off Ebay. listed as great condition. Seller sent it like he didnt give a dam if I received in pieces or not. Tried to play the " it must not work cause fedex dropped it" game. I told him he should have shipped it in an appropriate manner.

Ill get back with you thanks

5min later.

HOLY SH**it Batman! It has sound!
Now I gotta start playing with it all over again to see if anything is REALLY broken.
I gotta check how it sounds, the switching. EVERYTHING.
There had to be a reason why it went into some kind protect mode and had no sound. The seller
didnt check it apparently. He sent it hoping it would work and sent it carelessly with hardly any inside packaging material. Talk about pissed me off.
Im getting allot of that on ebay these days.

THANKS DUDE....
to be continued

5min later
Coax and optical inputs have something wrong. The sound goes in and out every 1 or 2 seconds. Like the songs are skipping.
I change it to the FM radio. Sound is ok. Not the best reception. Maybe its the antenna.
Ill investigate more on what is going on.

to be continued.

1 hour later
Digital inputs are not working right. Coax and Optical both cut in and out like the song is skipping.
Analog is all good.
Any recommendations?

Last edited by SeventhHeaven; 07-03-2014 at 01:05 PM.
post #1423 of 1424 Old 07-03-2014, 01:23 PM

Liked: 10
Question A big thanks and a question

Hi all,
I want to echo "thanks to LNEWoLF & scoobdude for posting about iControlAV5. without this, who knows when, if ever, I would have learned about it."
It fixed the one main complaint I had that the phone versions did not display actual volume like the IPAD version did. You could adjust volume with the rotating dial, but did not know where you were!! Love this!!!

One other question on this. Is there ANY way to be able to use all 9 channels (Front LCR, front heights, side surrounds, back surrounds) simultaneously? I know there are only 7 channels of amplification, but I could easily put 2 channels on external amps. (I actually already have the LCR on external amps so am only using 4 of the 7 internal amp channels right now). I have seen this question asked before, but never answered.

Thanks for all of the great help.
Joe H
post #1424 of 1424 Old 07-04-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman222 View Post
Hi all,
I want to echo "thanks to LNEWoLF & scoobdude for posting about iControlAV5. without this, who knows when, if ever, I would have learned about it."
It fixed the one main complaint I had that the phone versions did not display actual volume like the IPAD version did. You could adjust volume with the rotating dial, but did not know where you were!! Love this!!!

One other question on this. Is there ANY way to be able to use all 9 channels (Front LCR, front heights, side surrounds, back surrounds) simultaneously? I know there are only 7 channels of amplification, but I could easily put 2 channels on external amps. (I actually already have the LCR on external amps so am only using 4 of the 7 internal amp channels right now). I have seen this question asked before, but never answered.

Thanks for all of the great help.
Joe H
Hi Joe

It's not possible to drive all 9 channels/pre-outs simultaneously. My understanding is basically that the circuitry sends the signal to the appropriate output, either the amps or preouts depending on what config you've selected. (I'll happily stand corrected if this info is wrong). I.e. It's only able to handle up to 7.1 channels simultaneously, sending the signal to the internals amp(s) or the preouts.

For real world experience, I got curious too a while back to see if it was possible while all my gear was dismantled for a reconfig. As I thought, no config I selected was able to use the external amp + the internal, to drive all 9 channels.

Hope it helps to answer your question.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page