"OFFICIAL" Pioneer SC-1222-K Owners Thread - Page 49 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-24-2014, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have 4 airport expresses and they drop out sometimes too. No idea why. But I wouldn't hold your breath for a firmware fix that improves airplay.

By the way I love my 1222 too .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everyone, my first post in AVS forum .

First thank you for such an informative thread. I purchased my Pioneer SC-1222-K last year in April, and its been awesome since.

But yesterday i started having problem. The receiver now does not output any video, i turn it on, the HDMI in is detected with HDMI led lights up, but i have no video on the TV. if i plug the HDMI straight from my HTPC to my TV its working normally, teamviewer into the HTPC shows it detects the receiver, but no signal to my TV.
I tried again with my PS3 and different HDMI in, but the result is the same.

I also reseted it. When i plug my PS3 in i can hear audio, which mean that the HDMI in port is working. The only time i see something on the TV (a Samsung Plasma) is when i config the reciever, menu speaker volume, the TV shows something like a volume menu increasing and decreasing, but im not sure if its the TV or the receiver's.

Is there anything i can do ? Any suggestion is welcome!

Thank you very much !

Duy Hung
Old 10-30-2014, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi, my name is FarmerBob and I use to be a Pioneer Addict. My last piece of gear is junk compared to the piece (VSX D909S) it replaced. The SC-1222K, that I speak of is now slowly dying. Glad I got insurance on it. My latest problem, is that anything that plays by the Internet, won't. Except AirPlay. I use to use Pandora often but now as with most all the media related functions, it won't let me go past the initial menu before the cursor goes dead. I can back out and go to another media topic, but I'm dead there too. Also for the longest time iControlAV 5 for Android worked great. Now it can't see the unit. It's all slowly dying. SQ, PQ, Control, Connection. I'm starting to see why they sold this branch off.

Anyone have this Pandora/Internet problem and have a fix?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
With the unit on, press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds after the power goes off. This resets the 'server' functionality of the receiver.
WHen you turn back on you will get a Please Wait message while network access is being restarted.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnerParty View Post
With the unit on, press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds after the power goes off. This resets the 'server' functionality of the receiver.
WHen you turn back on you will get a Please Wait message while network access is being restarted.
"GENIUS!!" Why doesn't Pioneer TS know how to deal with this? I have gotten the most bizarre requests and comments than I, a very humorous person, couldn't make up on a great day.

All went as you described and now I have Internet features back. Is there a place where these "button tricks" are listed? Also what causes this so that I may avoid it or recognize it or turn the device in for repair and hopefully replacement with a newer more solid unit, or better yet, get my money back? I insured this with the feeling that there'd be "issues".

Thank you ever so much!
Old 11-01-2014, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I found that info I think either in a thread or the manual pdf for the vsx-35 when i ran into the problem and searched on network functionality issues and just tried it.
Unfortunately, I think it is just a crashing process in the os that runs the receiver. I have had to do it within days and I have gone months without having an issue. I stream a lot from Pandora and media servers including 24 bit flac and content doesn't seem to be the cause. At least I don't see a correlation when it occurs.
Glad it worked for you...you always seem so frustrated with your unit. Mine has had some quirks but when I got her pushing the tunes, like now playing Phish's Halloween set from last night, I forget about them and just think how great it sounds.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quick question. Is there a way to play back stereo as 2.1 (front speakers and sub) from a digital source (TOS)? Nothing I have tried will get the sub working. The last two receivers I had was able to do this.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2015, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Try putting sub on the plus setting. There should be a way to do this for just one profile, but for me it seems to carry over across all 6. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 01-02-2015, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
When I select stereo from the iOS app the status viewer shows the sub is still on. does yours show it off?
Old 01-02-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
Try putting sub on the plus setting. There should be a way to do this for just one profile, but for me it seems to carry over across all 6. Can anyone confirm this?
That did the trick. Thanks

BTW try listening to this track. Some deep base for sure

Last edited by jwilson56; 01-02-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:52 PM

so i decided to send the 1222 back. that was months ago back in this thread

the sound was really good when i did get it to work..the ebay iser mustcellfone apparently sold me a junk unit. i sent it back and had ebay pay for the return shipping. stay away from that seller.

i recently bought a yamaha 777bt. it sucks. the sound just sucks. im going back to pioneer. they have the best soun
Old 02-08-2015, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Greetings, I've had my HT up and running for a little over a year now and just want to make sure that I am running everything correctly as far as sound goes.
Sony 5100 BDPlayer Audio Settings:
Digital Audio Output: Auto
BD Audio MMX: Off
DTS Neo 6: Cinema

I would like to post the audio settings found in the AVR for you guys and see if they are correct or if I need to change something:
My AVR is a Pioneer 1222k.
EQ: On
S-Wave: On
Phase C+: Auto
S.RTRV: Off
DNR: Off
Dialog E: Off(I'm assuming this is a dialog enhance or equalizer?)
Hi-bit24: Off
Fixed PCM: Off
DRC: Off
Dual (Ch. 1)

I read that you should disable secondary audio in order to bitstream lossless tracks to play properly but I cannot find such a feature.
How does this look? And Thank you for checking.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijotter View Post
I read that you should disable secondary audio in order to bitstream lossless tracks to play properly but I cannot find such a feature.
How does this look? And Thank you for checking.

You have already done that, turning BD AUDIO MIX to OFF on the Sony player. . That's all.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
Old 02-08-2015, 11:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 58
OH! ok awesome thank you. How does everything else look, the AVR settings especially.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 59
They are fine. DRC set to off is OK if your neighboors don't complain about peak volume.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
Old 03-09-2015, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
OK, new member here and new owner of a Pioneer SC-1222-K. I must admit, I am overwhelmed with everything on this receiver.

I am having a problem with the sub. Initially, I plugged all the speakers in and everything worked fine. I bought it used. For some reason , I decided to reset the receiver to factory default and I have had problems since.

Here is what I have. triad mini LCR for front right, front left, and center. Niles rear surround ceiling speakers and a JBL 550P sub with LFE and normal inputs. The sub is brand new. I have it set to LFE.

I went through setup process using my ipad (which keeps freezing up, by the way). It never actually made it all the way through set up process because ipad keeps freezing up using AVN app. Anyways, I cannot hear any sound from the sub even though the broadcast through my set top box is 5.1. I can hear sound from all the other speakers, but nothing at all from sub. I cannot hear any sound from sub while listening to pandora or ipad either. I have one single cable going from sub output #1 on receiver to the LFE input on sub. I know that the sub works because when I go through the MCACC process, I can hear sound coming from sub.

Any thoughts? '

Also, any thoughts on why the ipad app keeps locking up? It makes it all the way through all the settings, it finds the receiver, and then it simply stays on "connecting" forever until I have to force it to close.

Hope someone can help. really frustrated!!
Old 03-09-2015, 07:24 PM

Which app are you using? The I control 5 is the one you want.

Your sub is working like it's supposed to assuming your front speakers are set to large. If they are you have two options to include the sub on other stuff.

1) set front speakers to small and the xover to 80 or what ever sounds best. All lows below the xover will be sent to the sub

2) set sub to plus. The sub will now work in addition to the front speakers. This gets kind of tricky as you may get cancellation of the low frequencies.

Also try using the menu on the front to set stuff up. It's all on screen and is pretty easy to follow.

Last edited by scoobdude; 03-09-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Which app are you using? The I control 5 is the one you want.

Your sub is working like it's supposed to assuming your front speakers are set to large. If they are you have two options to include the sub on other stuff.

1) set front speakers to small and the xover to 80 or what ever sounds best. All lows below the xover will be sent to the sub

2) set sub to plus. The sub will now work in addition to the front speakers. This gets kind of tricky as you may get cancellation of the low frequencies.

Also try using the menu on the front to set stuff up. It's all on screen and is pretty easy to follow.

Thanks for info. Will try what you suggest. I'm not sure if the fronts are set to small or large but I will check that out. So that's wierd- if my speakers are set to large, the sub output is shut off? Doesn't make sense to me why they would do that.

In regards to the app- I was referring to the Av navigator app used for initial setup of receiver. That's the one that keeps locking up.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:51 PM

I don't think I ever used my disc lol

Sorry, missed a piece of info there. When the fronts are set to large and sub set to yes then the only time the sub works is when you get the . 1 of the audio track. Mine ups to 2.1 on some stuff from stereo. My fronts put out enough low end to not need the dual subs. Also if your fronts are large and hungry bi-amp. brought out my floor standers a decent amount. Wish there was more technical information on biamping these receivers
Old 03-09-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I don't think I ever used my disc lol

Sorry, missed a piece of info there. When the fronts are set to large and sub set to yes then the only time the sub works is when you get the . 1 of the audio track. Mine ups to 2.1 on some stuff from stereo. My fronts put out enough low end to not need the dual subs. Also if your fronts are large and hungry bi-amp. brought out my floor standers a decent amount. Wish there was more technical information on biamping these receivers

Now I am more confused.

Let me say again a different way. I get absolutely no sound from my sub while listening to 5.1 content from my set top box. I also get absolutely no sound from the sub while listening to stereo music or blu Ray. The little receiver front panel icons that tell which speakers are playing sound do not show any 'SW' icon.

I know the sub works because it make notice while going thru the mcacc setup. Do I have some setting wrong or do I somehow have the sub lfe output turned off? I also know that the sub worked prior to doing a receiver reset.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:22 PM

How are you certain that you are getting 5.1? The receiver maybe down mixing etc. The source and output can be seen via the app or under one of the menus.

Here is mine. Showing speaker size and how it up converts. No audio or video is playing at though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-09-22-20-35_1425957663096.png
Views:	41
Size:	442.5 KB
ID:	594433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-09-22-21-44_1425957723469.png
Views:	25
Size:	361.7 KB
ID:	594441  
Old 03-15-2015, 07:46 PM

Solved the problem of my sub not working, now have a new issue.

I have the following items going into inputs on the receiver using hdmi cables-
blu Ray and uverse box.these go from device directly to receiver. I then have a hdmi cable going from TV out on receiver to ARC input on television (Vizio m series). I have the receiver setup for ARC, standby on, and I have instructed receiver to go to "last input" when it's turned on.

Here is my problem. I turn on my power switch on the uverse remote which turns on TV and uverse box. Because I have standby on activated on my receiver, the receiver also turns on at the same time. Initially it works fine, where the TV, uverse box and receiver all go on and I see and hear the uverse. After about two seconds, the receiver automatically then switches from "sat" input to "TV" input. This is annoying because I have to use the pioneer remote to then select "sat" input. Why does this initially go to "sat" , then switch to "TV" ?

Thanks
Old 03-16-2015, 07:34 PM

Probably had to do with timing of which one turns on first. if you don't need arc turn it off. This may work. Another maybe to not have both turn on at the Dame time via harmony remote with delay or even start using the hdmi-cec to control the uverse box

Is don't have these issues cause I don't have cable.... Which is another option :grinning:
Old 03-19-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaugz View Post
Solved the problem of my sub not working, now have a new issue...
After no problems with the sub, I now have no sub. It does make sound when running tests and set ups. But nothing during playback or using the iControl to increase it as it has in the past. What did you do to fix yours?

Thanks . . .
. . . fb
Old 03-21-2015, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Can anyone tell me if using netgear wnce2001 is causing HDCP ERROR msg to be constantly blinking for internet radio? and how can I get rid of it......
Old 03-21-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerBob View Post
After no problems with the sub, I now have no sub. It does make sound when running tests and set ups. But nothing during playback or using the iControl to increase it as it has in the past. What did you do to fix yours?

Thanks . . .
. . . fb
My fix was to change the front speakers to "small" and the sub worked after that
Old 03-22-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaugz View Post
My fix was to change the front speakers to "small" and the sub worked after that
Thanks for the clarification. I started that way and now it doesn't matter. Fronts and Center large or small, very little Bass goes to the sub anymore. One thing I have noticed since playing with the Finger EQ was that when I lower the far left, wish they labeled the frequencies, slider, the volume goes way up the imaging goes to pieces. Raising it causes the volume to go down and the imaging to change again. Instead of just adding or subtracting a selected frequency, it messes with all kinds of things.

I'm wondering if I have a defective unit? It's good I got a 4 year extended warranty on it.

Last edited by FarmerBob; 03-22-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Question How do I get to hear TV sound? I have ARC on....

Just bought it, and connected everything as per the instructions.

Tried to set the HDMI to ARC. Does work, but every time I turn the receiver off and on again, it does not work...

What should the settings be set at? Pass-through, Control on or off? I've tried, read the book, still confused.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:14 AM

Question Strange smell from receiver

I've had the unit for a week now, and it still gives off a smell, similar to melted burned plastic. Can't see anything, but still smells.

NEVER had a receiver smell before.

Should I return/exchange it or ???
Old 03-28-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson56 View Post
That did the trick. Thanks

BTW try listening to this track. Some deep base for sure

http://nigelstanford.com/Cymatics/

Can't wait to try the sub set up, I was wondering how to get the sub to work with music.