"OFFICIAL" Pioneer SC-1222-K Owners Thread - Page 49 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #1441 of 1446 Old 09-24-2014, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have 4 airport expresses and they drop out sometimes too. No idea why. But I wouldn't hold your breath for a firmware fix that improves airplay.

By the way I love my 1222 too .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1446 Old 10-01-2014, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everyone, my first post in AVS forum .

First thank you for such an informative thread. I purchased my Pioneer SC-1222-K last year in April, and its been awesome since.

But yesterday i started having problem. The receiver now does not output any video, i turn it on, the HDMI in is detected with HDMI led lights up, but i have no video on the TV. if i plug the HDMI straight from my HTPC to my TV its working normally, teamviewer into the HTPC shows it detects the receiver, but no signal to my TV.
I tried again with my PS3 and different HDMI in, but the result is the same.

I also reseted it. When i plug my PS3 in i can hear audio, which mean that the HDMI in port is working. The only time i see something on the TV (a Samsung Plasma) is when i config the reciever, menu speaker volume, the TV shows something like a volume menu increasing and decreasing, but im not sure if its the TV or the receiver's.

Is there anything i can do ? Any suggestion is welcome!

Thank you very much !

Duy Hung
post #1443 of 1446 Old 10-30-2014, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi, my name is FarmerBob and I use to be a Pioneer Addict. My last piece of gear is junk compared to the piece (VSX D909S) it replaced. The SC-1222K, that I speak of is now slowly dying. Glad I got insurance on it. My latest problem, is that anything that plays by the Internet, won't. Except AirPlay. I use to use Pandora often but now as with most all the media related functions, it won't let me go past the initial menu before the cursor goes dead. I can back out and go to another media topic, but I'm dead there too. Also for the longest time iControlAV 5 for Android worked great. Now it can't see the unit. It's all slowly dying. SQ, PQ, Control, Connection. I'm starting to see why they sold this branch off.

Anyone have this Pandora/Internet problem and have a fix?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
post #1444 of 1446 Old 10-31-2014, 03:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
With the unit on, press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds after the power goes off. This resets the 'server' functionality of the receiver.
WHen you turn back on you will get a Please Wait message while network access is being restarted.
post #1445 of 1446 Old 11-01-2014, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnerParty View Post
With the unit on, press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds after the power goes off. This resets the 'server' functionality of the receiver.
WHen you turn back on you will get a Please Wait message while network access is being restarted.
"GENIUS!!" Why doesn't Pioneer TS know how to deal with this? I have gotten the most bizarre requests and comments than I, a very humorous person, couldn't make up on a great day.

All went as you described and now I have Internet features back. Is there a place where these "button tricks" are listed? Also what causes this so that I may avoid it or recognize it or turn the device in for repair and hopefully replacement with a newer more solid unit, or better yet, get my money back? I insured this with the feeling that there'd be "issues".

Thank you ever so much!
post #1446 of 1446 Old 11-01-2014, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I found that info I think either in a thread or the manual pdf for the vsx-35 when i ran into the problem and searched on network functionality issues and just tried it.
Unfortunately, I think it is just a crashing process in the os that runs the receiver. I have had to do it within days and I have gone months without having an issue. I stream a lot from Pandora and media servers including 24 bit flac and content doesn't seem to be the cause. At least I don't see a correlation when it occurs.
Glad it worked for you...you always seem so frustrated with your unit. Mine has had some quirks but when I got her pushing the tunes, like now playing Phish's Halloween set from last night, I forget about them and just think how great it sounds.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page