"OFFICIAL" Pioneer SC-1222-K Owners Thread - Page 50 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #1471 of 1485 Old 03-28-2015, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyHere View Post
Just bought it, and connected everything as per the instructions.

Tried to set the HDMI to ARC. Does work, but every time I turn the receiver off and on again, it does not work...

What should the settings be set at? Pass-through, Control on or off? I've tried, read the book, still confused.
Need more info on your set up and your goal. Arc does not work with the receiver off as the TV will be the speakers and the last place the signal will go. Hence why we need more info.

For your sub question, I just answered it like a page back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 1485 Old 04-01-2015, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if I could have burned out network port because of HDCP error msg that was blinking when wi fi was working???? Or am I missing some setting that would cause no response even when hard wired...... I can not even move cursor on internet radio screen all else with my 1222 is fine
post #1473 of 1485 Old 04-05-2015, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by realnt View Post
Does anyone know if I could have burned out network port because of HDCP error msg that was blinking when wi fi was working???? Or am I missing some setting that would cause no response even when hard wired...... I can not even move cursor on internet radio screen all else with my 1222 is fine
Did factory reset network and internet radio work great now
post #1474 of 1485 Old 04-09-2015, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Having troubles with the hdmi pass through. I have a Vizio m series LED TV connected to receiver through "TV out" hdmi connection on receiver. As for components, I have a uverse STB and I have a blu Ray player. These are my only items hooked up. All are connected using hdmi cables. The STB goes into input 4 and the bluray goes into input 2 on the receiver. I have the receiver setup in the "hdmi settings" so that the hdmi input number 4 should be on "pass through" in standby mode.

So here is the problem- it's not passing the STB signal to the TV when my receiver is switched off (standby mode). I cycled through all my tv inputs multiple times and it doesn't seem to be a problem with the TV. The only time my uverse will show video and audio is with the receiver on.
post #1475 of 1485 Old 04-10-2015, 01:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaugz View Post
Having troubles with the hdmi pass through. I have a Vizio m series LED TV connected to receiver through "TV out" hdmi connection on receiver. As for components, I have a uverse STB and I have a blu Ray player. These are my only items hooked up. All are connected using hdmi cables. The STB goes into input 4 and the bluray goes into input 2 on the receiver. I have the receiver setup in the "hdmi settings" so that the hdmi input number 4 should be on "pass through" in standby mode.

So here is the problem- it's not passing the STB signal to the TV when my receiver is switched off (standby mode). I cycled through all my tv inputs multiple times and it doesn't seem to be a problem with the TV. The only time my uverse will show video and audio is with the receiver on.
What is your cec settings? Try using last input, select stb while receiver is on then turn off.

Also, check if your devices have renamed the inputs. If so go to where you rename them and verify you have the right number there.
post #1476 of 1485 Old 07-22-2015, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sc-1222k HDMI off

Just joined and a little confused. I take it that there is only the one thread and one just adds to it? There is no "New thread" just "Reply". So, I'll try that.

I have had the SC-1222K for two years and it is a remarkable amp. But a week ago I turned it on only to find that no HDMI inputs were accessible. If I jumped the BD drive direct to the tv it works but not through the 1222k. The tuner works fine. So I tried to do a reset as outlined in post 1421 and with reference to the manual.

Set MultiZone off --- Check
Set Control with HDMI to OFF. (page 59 of manual)
Here is the problem. The number 1 instruction in 'HDMI setup' says:
"Press [receiver] on the remote control, then press HOME MENU"
Pressing [receiver] does nothing! Yup. nothing. I do not see 'HOME MENU' as described. So I'm stuck there.

From what I have read here on the forum I see a lot of very knowledgeable people and I'm sure someone knows what I am doing wrong. Let's face it, I've done a lot of stupid things in this life so this is probable just one more example.

Thanks for listening!

Fritz
post #1477 of 1485 Old 07-22-2015, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
When they say "Press [receiver]" before a command that's to drop the remote into "receiver mode" since many keys can be multi-use, so it never appears to actually do anything, I'm not sure if you were clear on that or not, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

I'd also suggest unplugging and plugging it in, that's fixed a handful of weird issues I had with mine over the years and put in a vote for using an ipad for a remote if you think the remote isn't working correctly.
post #1478 of 1485 Old 07-22-2015, 10:45 AM

hdmi Problem Solved

Well, I was fooling around with it and just decided to ignore the "Set Control with hdmi off"! Went to Item one and proceeded to reset it. Everything is FINE again. Just goes to show.

Anyway I'll keep an eye on the forum for hints and cures.

Sorry to bug you!

fritz
post #1479 of 1485 Old 07-22-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
When they say "Press [receiver]" before a command that's to drop the remote into "receiver mode" since many keys can be multi-use, so it never appears to actually do anything, I'm not sure if you were clear on that or not, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

I'd also suggest unplugging and plugging it in, that's fixed a handful of weird issues I had with mine over the years and put in a vote for using an ipad for a remote if you think the remote isn't working correctly.
Thanks for the response diane,
I was not aware of the that fact. I assumed that when one pressed a button there would be a visual notice of the action to be complete. As you can see I did solved it by bypassing one instruction. Thanks again.

fritz
post #1480 of 1485 Old 08-15-2015, 10:47 AM

Noob question of the day:

I'm running an SC-1222-k to power my home theater.
I have an old Marantz 5.1 channel receiver (can supply model # if desired) collecting dust and was wondering if it was possible (or advised) to use both receivers to power my system.

EX: I use the pre-outs from the Pioneer as the inputs for the Marantz receiver and let the Marantz power one or more of the following: fronts/rears/outdoor speakers/another room/etc.

I wasn't sure if I should make this a standalone post or if it should be in this thread. Mods, please let me know if I should move the post.
post #1481 of 1485 Old 08-16-2015, 09:14 PM

Liked: 12
I'm using my old Kenwood receiver like that to power my bass transducers. I used the 2nd sub output of my 1222 as the input to it. Make sure you have enough power at the outlet you are using for everything though.
post #1482 of 1485 Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM

Having a problem. Was watching a movie this afternoon without issues.

Came back later this evening to watch another movie and I have no sound and error UE22 flashing. I did a search and discovered I probably needed a firmware update. Downloaded latest firmware on usb stick and followed procedure to update from usb. It gets to 45% and gives me error code 1 , which stops the update.

I tried two more times with same results. Still no sound. I tried unplugging unit. I tried a system reset. Still does the same thing- no sound and error code when I try to update firmware. Thoughts?

I tell you. I have had nothing but problems with this receiver.
post #1483 of 1485 Old Today, 05:52 AM

O had the same thing happen. After spending a few hours on the phone with Pioneer tech support they told me I had a bad board which would need to be replaced. Warranty had expired and no one would give me a quote without sending them the amp except to say expect to spend $200-$300 in repairs
post #1484 of 1485 Old Today, 09:39 AM

Wow, that sucks. Have used this receiver a total of about a dozen times since purchasing and this happens. Out of warranty too.
post #1485 of 1485 Old Today, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Came back later this evening to watch another movie and I have no sound and error UE22 flashing. I did a search and discovered I probably needed a firmware update. Downloaded latest firmware on usb stick and followed procedure to update from usb. It gets to 45% and gives me error code 1 , which stops the update.

I tried two more times with same results. Still no sound. I tried unplugging unit. I tried a system reset. Still does the same thing- no sound and error code when I try to update firmware. Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilebyrd View Post
O had the same thing happen. After spending a few hours on the phone with Pioneer tech support they told me I had a bad board which would need to be replaced. Warranty had expired and no one would give me a quote without sending them the amp except to say expect to spend $200-$300 in repairs
Quote:
Wow, that sucks. Have used this receiver a total of about a dozen times since purchasing and this happens. Out of warranty too.
Hi mobilebyrd and sbaugz, post your frustration at UE22 Error Master Thread-Pioneer, are you listening?.

There is a post in that thread to heat the chip that may temporary get the receiver back up and running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors