"OFFICIAL" Pioneer SC-1222-K Owners Thread - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #1501 of 1518 Old 10-12-2015, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Got airplay to work on my iPad with the Bluetooth adapter AS-BT200. But I still can't get my iPod to see airplay. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1518 Old 10-26-2015, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post
Sorry FarmerBob, I have been a computer technician/sys admin for too long and mix my terminology sometimes....I am interested to see what my old school Acoustic Research 312HO's, AR2C, and the rest of my system can do with a proper amp.
I recently came across a neighbor who had an AudioSource Amp 3 at a yardsale in pristine condition, no scratches, looked like it had just been taken out of the box. It used to retail for $500, but I got it for $30. I have it running to my two 312's and since they are 4 ohm, the amp pushes 300 wpc to them. I then have the biamping(of the 312's) going to the rear surround connections on the 1222. Anyway it sounds great.

Xbox LIVE gamertag: red71rum
post #1503 of 1518 Old 10-27-2015, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
assist requested ...trouble in pio paradise

hey guys
I am hoping that one of you may have an inkling of what I will describe ....
all was going well till one day after I had used the remote to power up the rec , a little later when I tried to switch off via the remote it would not work ....I ended up doing it through the front panel , I assumed the batteries but no way
the remote not responding at all ...so I figured maybe the IR bulb is gone and need new remote and resigned myself to using the controls on the receiver in the meantime .
Next time I powered up however all I could get was stereo no matter what program I played ...so I tried the mic and went through the setup all channels worked ...but when trying say a DVD in surround same thing ...stereo only
checked all spkr wiring , fine , settings for auto surround , same ....I am kind of at a loss , I can't imagine how the remote and audio could be related
or what is wrong ?
anyone have any thoughts ...much appreciated !
Barry
post #1504 of 1518 Old 10-27-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryposh View Post
hey guys
I am hoping that one of you may have an inkling of what I will describe ....
all was going well till one day after I had used the remote to power up the rec , a little later when I tried to switch off via the remote it would not work ....I ended up doing it through the front panel , I assumed the batteries but no way
the remote not responding at all ...so I figured maybe the IR bulb is gone and need new remote and resigned myself to using the controls on the receiver in the meantime .
Next time I powered up however all I could get was stereo no matter what program I played ...so I tried the mic and went through the setup all channels worked ...but when trying say a DVD in surround same thing ...stereo only
checked all spkr wiring , fine , settings for auto surround , same ....I am kind of at a loss , I can't imagine how the remote and audio could be related
or what is wrong ?
Barry
I have not run into that before, but if all else fails maybe try a factory reset:

Use this procedure to reset all the receiver’s settings to the factory default. Use the front panel controls to do this. Set MULTI-ZONE to MULTI ZONE OFF.

Disconnect the iPod and USB memory device from the receiver beforehand.

Set the Control with HDMI to OFF (see HDMI Setup).

1 - Switch the receiver into standby.

2 - While holding down ENTER on the front panel, press STANDBY/ON.

The display shows RESET NO .

3 - Select ‘RESET’ using PRESET controls, then press ENTER on the front panel.

The display shows RESET? OK.

4 - Press ENTER to confirm.

post #1505 of 1518 Old 10-28-2015, 04:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
or what is wrong ?
Barry
Crazy suggestion I didn't see mentioned, unplug it for 10 minutes and then plug it back in.
I've had a few weird issues that were resolved by this, I even did a full reset on the unit once and that didn't resolve a stereo/PCM related issue similar to yours, then I unplugged it, left it for 10, came back and plugged it in and all was good in the world again.
post #1506 of 1518 Old 10-29-2015, 12:05 AM

thanks

I appreciate the ideas ....on the WE I will set it up again and try the reset thing ....but dianebrat when I originally took the unit off the shelf it was unpowered for a day or two when I tried it again came up with the same issue , so I figure I won't get off so lucky
will advise once I try the reset
thanks again !
post #1507 of 1518 Old 11-10-2015, 06:03 PM

RESET ....no luck

finally got a chance to do a factory reset ( actually a few ) ...thanks red71rum ...but no luck , I still have an expensive stereo receiver , however the remote works now , but I would greatly prefer to have full surround and no remote
I called a local tech shop and they said could be a board and suggested not work fixing ....so I may be SOL
thanks again for the ideas
post #1508 of 1518 Old 11-11-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
finally got a chance to do a factory reset ( actually a few ) ...thanks red71rum ...but no luck , I still have an expensive stereo receiver , however the remote works now , but I would greatly prefer to have full surround and no remote
I called a local tech shop and they said could be a board and suggested not work fixing ....so I may be SOL
thanks again for the ideas
Weird, the only time I have had a problem with mine when it somehow got stuck on Zone2. Have you tried a different hdmi cable, probably will not do anything but it is worth a shot.

post #1509 of 1518 Old 12-02-2015, 11:51 AM

Liked: 11
Does this receiver not support streaming Apple lossless files?? I have all my music ripped as ALAC files (shows up in Jriver media as .m4a files) and when I try to stream to the receiver via DLNA, it says "Unsupported Media". Will it not ALAC file? I tried a FLAC file and it worked fine. I don't want to go and convert all of my ALACs to FLACs!
post #1510 of 1518 Old 02-03-2016, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a question which I couldn't find or think of a way to resolve, or if it's even possible. I want to connect a Bluetooth transmitter to listen to music with headphones while still playing the stereo. I can't use the headphone out with a transmitter as it cuts the sound to the speakers, my old receiver I could setup to do both. I didn't see a way to setup it like that on this receiver. I have Zone 1 as main floor and that's what I wanted to use the headphones for. Zone 2 is outside, Zone 3 is basement. I tried the Pre Out for Zone 1 but the level is so low that even turning up the headphones all the way the sound is quiet. It seems the Pre Out are controlled by volume, if I turn the volume up enough to get good sound in the headphones it's so loud no need for headphones.I couldn't find a way, unless I'm missing to set the Pre Out levels higher. The reason for the headphones is part of the time they are better to listen to music when cooking with loud devices, and not have to blast the stereo.
post #1511 of 1518 Old 02-04-2016, 02:34 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Mine is hissing like MF at about -30dB. And when you change the volume, every .5dB that it moves through you get a thumping noise. PLUS my ears start ringing every time I turn the thing on. My other three older units, a VSX-D909S and two VSX-9300's are dead silent to max volume. And the 909S did far better at 5 Channel Surround and was louder with better sound quality. I have all the same speakers as I did with the 909S and there such a difference. Is this the way that this unit is, or do I have a "Lemon"?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
post #1512 of 1518 Old 02-04-2016, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerBob View Post
Mine is hissing like MF at about -30dB. And when you change the volume, every .5dB that it moves through you get a thumping noise. PLUS my ears start ringing every time I turn the thing on. My other three older units, a VSX-D909S and two VSX-9300's are dead silent to max volume. And the 909S did far better at 5 Channel Surround and was louder with better sound quality. I have all the same speakers as I did with the 909S and there such a difference. Is this the way that this unit is, or do I have a "Lemon"?

Thank you.
I think you have a lemon. Mine has been used everyday for over 2 years and no humming or thumping noises and enough power for my 3 channel setup. Only complaint is internet connectivity but thats more due to my wireless adapter/router.

post #1513 of 1518 Old 05-30-2016, 08:55 AM

Liked: 11
Hi all, when I stream music from iTunes or from Jriver Media to the SC1222K the subwoofer is not playing. I currently have a 2.1 system set up. The music streams fine and plays through the LR but nothing is coming through the subwoofer. When I play other sources through the receiver, like blu rays, it will output to the subwoofer so I know that I have the subwoofer line in the right spot. How can I get streamed music to output through the subwoofer??

Edit; nevermind I'm an idiot...I had the fronts on LARGE. I swear I switched it back to small before running the MCACC again...

Alright all good!

Last edited by SyracuseOrange; 05-30-2016 at 09:01 AM.
post #1514 of 1518 Old 09-19-2016, 06:48 AM

I see that nobody has posted on here for several months. My 1222 has been great until there was a loud buzzing yesterday. I traced the buzzing to the receiver and not my external amps. Furthermore, I found that when I removed the HDMI cable from my tv to the receiver the buzzing stopped. I tried power-cycling the receiver and the buzzing persisted. Ultimately the buzzing went away, but it left me wondering if it was some kind of ground loop or is my receiver starting to have problems? Anyone else experienced this?

Edit: I found that the buzzing is from my Plasma, so it is most likely not my Pioneer.

Last edited by red71rum; 09-22-2016 at 08:27 AM.
post #1515 of 1518 Old 10-29-2016, 02:27 PM

Lost ability to connect to Pandora . . .

New problem. As of the big nationwide DDOS attack, or so, my 1222 will no longer connect to Pandora. I get "Server Error" every time I try to fire it up. I have done the "server" reset, which has worked in the past and no joy this time. Also for some time I have not been able to use the Android app, iControlAV5, that worked great for a long time. I get "Error Code: B27102" every time I fire that up it says there's no unit there or it'll see the 1222 and during re-set up the app freezes. It also freezes if it's set up to connect to the 1222 and needs no new adjustment. I'd really hate to do a factory reset because I have one MCACC setting that is perfect and I have no idea how I got it, since the other 5 just plain suck. I'm wondering if it's a "being left behind" software issue like I am having with my Blu-ray and Youtube? Airplay works, matter of fact it's running now as I type this. I can get "Internet Radio" & "Favorites". But no Pandora, don't use Sirius, have that on the DISH.

I just looked on DownDetector.com and although there are many reports of failures across many devices, one person said that it's failing on their AVR since Oct 27, 2016 after a year of no problems. It works fine on my computer.

Thank you.
post #1516 of 1518 Old 11-01-2016, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Same thing here. In the past 2 weeks or so I cannot connect to Pandora either. There doesn't seem to be an answer floating around the internet like usual other than a message on Pioneer's website acknowledging this new issue and working to resolve it. I think it will ultimately come down to another USB-stick firmware update, whenever Pioneer gets around to it...
post #1517 of 1518 Old 11-14-2016, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pandora issue

Same Pandora issue just suddenly stopped connecting and I've tried everything with no luck. "Server Error" or "Could not apply new settings." Anyone have a solution?
post #1518 of 1518 Old 11-14-2016, 11:50 PM

Pandora Issue also and more so discussed here: Pioneer VSX-1123: Pandora Server Error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page