Receiver help for my Infinity Primus 163's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-06-2013, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So the receiver I have now is the Yamaha HTR-6030 and I plan on using that for my computer setup and buying a new receiver for my home theater stuff. So with that being said, is there any reason this receiver wouldnt work well for the computer? Or is there a good, cheap alternative for the computer? (around $150?). I wont need it for much, just optical out I believe and 2.0 setup and maybe later upgrading to a 2.1 at the most on my PC.

On a related note, for my home theater setup, I also purchased the Infinity 363's and want to know whats a good receiver I can use for those? In the immediate future I see myself getting the PC351 center channel speaker and using a 3.0 setup with a good possibility of going to a 3.1 shortly after. That will be a 'for sure' thing (the 3.0). However, I could also really see myself going up to a 5.1 (Not any higher really, and if I do I will make the necessary changes then). So any help on finding a good receiver for this setup would also be appreciated.
I saw this one and was curious about it because the price was nice.
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V373-5-1-Channel-AV-Receiver/dp/B007JF8FD8/ref=sr_1_11?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1360034944&sr=1-11

What will be hooked up to it would be my satelite TV and my PS3. I couldnt see myself needing more than maybe 3 HDMI inputs on a receiver. 4 wouldnt hurt but I doubt I would need that.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

So many people viewing this board in particular I figured it wouldn't take so long for responses to come in. =/ Was hoping to bounce a couple ideas around and research some tonight. Ah well.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-06-2013, 09:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 413
That Yamaha RX-V373 will be perfectly fine for your needs.

So would this Pioneer
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007O5ATC8

Afro GT
post #4 of 4 Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Also here's is one other receiver I am interested in as well and would wonder what most people would get.

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-NR515-7-2-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B0077V88VI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

And, I found it as a refurbished item for $50 less and i'm wondering what the popular opinion is on refurbished items. Are they worth taking the risk on?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page