First time buyer looking for advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have been reading the forums for a while and finally decided to make an account in order to prepare for my first speaker purchase.

I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction towards a receiver that would adequately power a BIC America Formula FH56 soundbar and eventually a sub woofer (most likely a PL-200).

My plan is to see what the sound is like with just the bar, then decide if a sub is necessary. Like I said below, I do live in an apartment - so I have a feeling that a sub would go to waste for the time being because I probably wouldn't be able to use it without grief from the neighbors.

Some information:

I live in an apartment and I am planning on using the system in my living room that is 15 x 12.

Here are some of my thoughts about the features I was looking for:

- 5.1 Channel would be sufficient

- Wired network interface might be nice for firmware updates but not a deal-breaker (I have zero interest in apps like pandora built into the receiver)

- Audyessy seems like it would be a nice feature to have - I don't plan on living in an apartment forever haha

- HDMI - looking for 4 to 5 HDMI ports

I think that about covers it.

I'm not really sure on a budget yet. I would like to try and find the best bang for the buck - a receiver with good build quality that will last.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 64
hiya Backwoods,

and welcome to AVS forums. smile.gif

now that that's out of the way... we really need a budget to make any recommendations. Even saying something like "bang for the buck" is too vague. Do you want to spend $200, $2000, or $20000 ?

There is a different "bang for the buck" answer for each... well, not really for the 20K.. at that point, it's just expensive eek.gif

It's for 'wall hung dude', and no, I don't need any help to 'hook-up'.... sheesh ... dirty minds around these parts....
post #3 of 3 Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks!

I would like to keep it around $350ish if that helps.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page