Need advice on Amplifiers for HT setup with Floorstanding and all Center Channel speakers - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm building a home theater 24 x 16 room and planning to use HSU HC1 MK2 speakers for all channels (with a 3 vertical HC1 setup for center) - a total of 9 HC1 speakers, a set of Polk RTI12 (haven't decided if I would want both HC1 and RTI12 for FL and FR), and a pair of VTF15H and finally a MBM12 MK2.

I currently have a Onkyo 809 (I'm not planning on a new better preempt at this point). I'm thinking to get a pair of Emotiva XPA5 to drive the 9 channels for the HC1 speakers, and possibly a Behringer 4000 amp for the RTI12.

I need some sincere advice from pros like you to know if I really need XPA5 to drive the mid to high freq speakers or am I better off with a lower power UPA 700 amplifier. Also, am I making the right choice for the RTI12 by going with Behringer 4000.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-08-2013, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1352 Post(s)
Liked: 1293
You can never go wrong having more power. I suggest the xpa-5. I am using one with my 809 for LCR and surrounds

I highly recommend it. Great peice of equipment and is my pride and joy of the HT

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4100 ATMOS 5.2.4| Emotiva XPR-5 | PSA MT110 x 3 FL/C/FR | PSA MT110sur surrounds | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp

the SadieMax HT build thread - my first build
post #3 of 4 Old 02-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

You can never go wrong having more power. I suggest the xpa-5. I am using one with my 809 for LCR and surrounds

I highly recommend it. Great peice of equipment and is my pride and joy of the HT

+1
post #4 of 4 Old 02-08-2013, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for your replies. That's what I thought as well - more power doesn't hurt, and those speakers can handle more smile.gif

Any suggestion on the Behringer Amp for the Polk RTI12 - Left and Right channels? I was thinking about giving these little more love without punching my wallet too much with a Class D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page