new and confused, anyway to let bass pass through front channels of pioneer vsx-1019? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-11-2013, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i recently replaced my 1992 technics's 4 channel reciever with a pioneer vsx-1019ah-k 7.1 surround sound stereo.

my front stage speakers are some cerwin vega 15" cabinets, i cant remember the model #'s but they are late 90's cerwin vega's, the rear speakers are technics 15" cabinets, all 4 speakers are 3 way speakers, my problem is that the new receiver removes the low frequencies from the speakers, it wasnt till after i purchased it that i realized it is supposed to have a surround sound powered subwoofer

i just want to use my 4 speakers for right now, is it possible to set it for just 4 speakers? or am i kinda screwed now and need to just get a real 7.1 surround sound setup? eventually i want to go that route, but for now i cant afford it, just the subwoofer i want is expensive, let alone the other speakers.

can anyone point me in the right direction? am i better off just getting another 4 channel receiver that allows complete frequency pass through?

matthew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2142 Post(s)
Liked: 1784
You should be able to just set all speakers to Full Range/LARGE with no subwoofer and be good to go. Run the MCACC EQ setup and that should do the trick as well.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Old 02-11-2013, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thank you, its too late tonight to test that because i dont want to wake up my kids, but ill check tomorrow sometime, thanks for the quick response.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Yes, setting the speakers to Large and specifying no subwoofer will prevent the AVR from rerouting low frequencies to the non-existent sub. However, some processors simply discard the LFE channel rather than folding it into the main channels.