Yamaha RX-V373 or Pioneer VSX-1022-K and JBL ES150PBK or Polk Audio PSW505 for a small room? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-12-2013, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,

I have a main hometheatre system formed of pioneer SC-07 connected to an HTPC (with an auzentech home theatre hdmi card) and energy ESW V10 subwoofer and energy speakers (dont recall the model, they are the long aluminum towers, could be from the take series but not the small ones) which serve me acceptably.

I am building another system for a smaller living room around 12 feet by 11 feet and 10 feet high (3.6 m x 3.40 m x 2.8 m). I have the take classic series speakers and I need to get a receiver and a subwoofer and I am tight on budget, the above receivers and woofers are within that limit. Although I would have liked to get the energy m8 since it is small, but it was pricy at around 300 USD. And the above combinations for both subwoofer and receiver will be around 350+.

what would be my best choice from the receivers above taken that prices are somehow appealing for these ones, 190 USD for yamaha and 240 for pioneer? the yamaha seems future proof for 4k but this option might not be the deal breaker for pioneer, as i dont have a 4k screen and when it will be out affordable and I get it, other things might be needed.

There are similar subwooofers from BIC as well.

What would be your kind recommendations? the lesser I pay the better so I am tight on budget and I have to ship these within my luggage so already with the above combinations I am tight on space/weight.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V373 5 1 Channel Av Receiver , Jbl Es150pbk 300 Watt Powered 10 Subwoofer Black , Pioneer Vsx 1022 K 560w 7 Channel A V Receiver
Gear in this thread - V373 by PriceGrabber.com