CES 2013 Receivers unvieled? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
coldengrey15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New receivers introduced at CES 2013?

I searched and couldn't find anything about new announced receiver models from the major mfr's, like:
Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha, Pioneer...

If so, anybody point me towards rundown and previews?

OR do the receivers and speakers generally not get any previews like the tv's, ect at CES shows?

Thanks
coldengrey15 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 Old 02-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Senior Member
 
metalguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldengrey15 View Post

New receivers introduced at CES 2013?

I searched and couldn't find anything about new announced receiver models from the major mfr's, like:
Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha, Pioneer...

If so, anybody point me towards rundown and previews?

OR do the receivers and speakers generally not get any previews like the tv's, ect at CES shows?

Thanks
I have been looking for this information as well. So I look forward to what people have to say on this one.
metalguy is offline  
post #3 of 27 Old 02-12-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 7,268
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Harman Kardon seems to have announced their 2700 and 3700 receivers. They still seem to be lacking any room equalization, though. hhttp://www.engadget.com/2013/01/04/harman-ces-2013-speakers-receivers/

Anthem had their D2V-3D and PS5 on display. I'm not sure they're really new, though. http://cave.hometheaterhifi.com/profiles/blogs/2013-ces-show-report-robert-kozel (~ 1/3 of the way down)
Bryston and Parasound had stuff, too (just below Anthem in report above)
Sherwood's R-807 receiver was shown. See http://cave.hometheaterhifi.com/profiles/blogs/2013-ces-show-report-part-2-robert-kozel (~1/3 of the way down)
Pictures of new NAD and Cambridge (Azur 351R) equipment are about 2/3 of the way down.
JBL Synthisis was showing a new reference surround processor. (about 9/10 of the way down).
Both blog pages have lots of pictures of outrageously expensive high-end equipment to drool over.
coldengrey15 likes this.

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is offline  
post #4 of 27 Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 3,116
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

Harman Kardon seems to have announced their 2700 and 3700 receivers. They still seem to be lacking any room equalization, though. hhttp://www.engadget.com/2013/01/04/harman-ces-2013-speakers-receivers/

But they do. They have Harman's EzSetEQ which does do some EQing.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #5 of 27 Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 7,268
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

Harman Kardon seems to have announced their 2700 and 3700 receivers. They still seem to be lacking any room equalization, though. hhttp://www.engadget.com/2013/01/04/harman-ces-2013-speakers-receivers/

But they do. They have Harman's EzSetEQ which does do some EQing.

You are correct. Sorry: my oversight. Unfortunately, however, I can't seem to find any technical details about it. frown.gif I guess if you don't say what it does, nobody can complain that it doesn't do it right. wink.gif

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is offline  
post #6 of 27 Old 02-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Senior Member
 
metalguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 33
must be more info somewhere
metalguy is offline  
post #7 of 27 Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
coldengrey15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks, I keep looking... Surprised there isn't an abundance of info like the new tv's ect...
coldengrey15 is offline  
post #8 of 27 Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Stephen Hopkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Douglasville, GA
Posts: 3,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I got the feeling from the overall CES coverage that either there wasn't a ton of AVR (or HT audio) news to be reported form CES, or everyone was busy looking at the 4K displays. Overall, the bulk of the audio news was headphone related. I guess it's an effect of the mobile world we live in, but HT (other than 4K-related) seems to be relegated to press releases outside the big-event news cycles.
coldengrey15 likes this.

Stephen Hopkins is offline  
post #9 of 27 Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 20,656
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 172
HK was always very tight-lipped about their EQ

Noah
noah katz is offline  
post #10 of 27 Old 02-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Member
 
habe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've been calling around for best pricing on either a Denon 2313Ci or 3313Ci. Two of the dealers I've called said their availability to order is getting tougher as the new models will be getting ready to ship soon. Just like what was posted here, I have seen ZERO info on new receivers.

I'm kind of in a sticky here as I'm in the market for a receiver but, I know new models are just around the corner which means big discounts for the xx13's. I'm afraid I'll get a decent price today and tomorrow they'll drop significantly......
coldengrey15 likes this.
habe is offline  
post #11 of 27 Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 7,268
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 440
I'd guess that D&M, like Microsoft, underestimated the demand for those models. After all, if you can't find them now, there certainly won't any available at close-out prices later.

A newer, better(?) device is always about to be announced. Get what you want when you can afford it. If you expect a lower price later, remind yourself that the additional money that you spend now pays for the additional time you'll be enjoying it. In this case, it'll be at least several months.

FWIW, a replacement for the 4520 is not likely to be announced until summer of 2014 at the earliest, but I'm guessing that's a little out of your price range.
coldengrey15 likes this.

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is offline  
post #12 of 27 Old 02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Senior Member
 
metalguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by habe View Post

I've been calling around for best pricing on either a Denon 2313Ci or 3313Ci. Two of the dealers I've called said their availability to order is getting tougher as the new models will be getting ready to ship soon. Just like what was posted here, I have seen ZERO info on new receivers.

I'm kind of in a sticky here as I'm in the market for a receiver but, I know new models are just around the corner which means big discounts for the xx13's. I'm afraid I'll get a decent price today and tomorrow they'll drop significantly......
I wish I new was soon was. Ughh I am ready to buy my self RIGHT NOW , lol. but am not going to buy and pay full retial on last years stuff. I know things always increase each year, but I try to buy current when I buy new.
metalguy is offline  
post #13 of 27 Old 02-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Member
 
habe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

I'd guess that D&M, like Microsoft, underestimated the demand for those models. After all, if you can't find them now, there certainly won't any available at close-out prices later.

A newer, better(?) device is always about to be announced. Get what you want when you can afford it. If you expect a lower price later, remind yourself that the additional money that you spend now pays for the additional time you'll be enjoying it. In this case, it'll be at least several months.

FWIW, a replacement for the 4520 is not likely to be announced until summer of 2014 at the earliest, but I'm guessing that's a little out of your price range.

Actually, affording what ever I want isn't the problem.. I'm just tight and prefer to put my money where it matters! LOL Either the 2313 or 3313's features fit my needs. Also, I'm waiting on a new custom Amish made solid cherry entertainment center that has somewhere between 1 - 3 weeks before completion/delivery.... Thats when I'll be making a move regardless of current pricing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy View Post

I wish I new was soon was. Ughh I am ready to buy my self RIGHT NOW , lol. but am not going to buy and pay full retial on last years stuff. I know things always increase each year, but I try to buy current when I buy new.

Surprisingly, a few of the online dealers quoted me MSRP today which shocked me. It could be supplies are tight. I probably roll the dice, wait and see what happens. We just saw $299 pricing on 1913's which was a good bit off MSRP. I'm betting the rest will follow soon. One thing for sure, I won't hesitate when I see a price I want because supply may not hold up for long.....
habe is offline  
post #14 of 27 Old 02-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Senior Member
 
metalguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

I'd guess that D&M, like Microsoft, underestimated the demand for those models. After all, if you can't find them now, there certainly won't any available at close-out prices later.

A newer, better(?) device is always about to be announced. Get what you want when you can afford it. If you expect a lower price later, remind yourself that the additional money that you spend now pays for the additional time you'll be enjoying it. In this case, it'll be at least several months.

FWIW, a replacement for the 4520 is not likely to be announced until summer of 2014 at the earliest, but I'm guessing that's a little out of your price range.

What is D&M or who is it?
metalguy is offline  
post #15 of 27 Old 02-13-2013, 04:18 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 45,437
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1473 Post(s)
Liked: 1615
D+M Group - Denon & Marantz

AFAIK, D&M was not present this year and an official announcement on the new Denon and Marantz models is usually released in April with the lower models shipping very soon thereafter. Also note that most Denon resellers sell at MSRP; however, if you call them some will offer a discount up to 25% or more (eg. avscience.com, Electronics Expo, Paul's TV, J&R, etc.) although it also depends on availability. D&M likely doesn't want a lot of the current year's inventory available so they can be discontinued to make room for the newer models.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #16 of 27 Old 02-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Newbie
 
mattm06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Give avscience a call about the 2313. I called them last week about it and they quoted me far less than retail price for one.
mattm06 is offline  
post #17 of 27 Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 PM
Member
 
shashchatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by habe View Post

Surprisingly, a few of the online dealers quoted me MSRP today which shocked me. It could be supplies are tight. I probably roll the dice, wait and see what happens. We just saw $299 pricing on 1913's which was a good bit off MSRP. I'm betting the rest will follow soon. One thing for sure, I won't hesitate when I see a price I want because supply may not hold up for long.....

Fry's had this same $299 in-store price on 1913 a few weeks back too, then $399 on 2113, which I didn't see in time to get one. They also had $599 for 2313. I keep waiting for the 2113!
shashchatter is offline  
post #18 of 27 Old 02-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Member
 
habe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashchatter View Post

Fry's had this same $299 in-store price on 1913 a few weeks back too, then $399 on 2113, which I didn't see in time to get one. They also had $599 for 2313. I keep waiting for the 2113!

$599 on a 2313 is a really great deal! Thats slightly better than 33% off MSRP. I'd jump on a deal like that right now (or, a 3313 if offered the same percentage off deal) but unfortunately, no Fry's store any where near my area.

I was going to grab a Pioneer SC-1222-K for $529 from Newegg (sale ends tonight) but, I really want Denon for my next receiver so I'm going to sit tight, wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.

habe
habe is offline  
post #19 of 27 Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Member
 
shashchatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by habe View Post


$599 on a 2313 is a really great deal! Thats slightly better than 33% off MSRP. I'd jump on a deal like that right now (or, a 3313 if offered the same percentage off deal) but unfortunately, no Fry's store any where near my area.

I was going to grab a Pioneer SC-1222-K for $529 from Newegg (sale ends tonight) but, I really want Denon for my next receiver so I'm going to sit tight, wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.

habe

Honestly, with that deal I had a hard time resisting the 2313, we almost picked it up. But, I only have 5.1 now, I can see going to 7.1, but not 9.1. The two extra channels would be wasted, not just in money, but even without a load on them I'd hate to waste power. I live in TX, just don't need any extra heat!

I too am sold on Denon, recently got a 1613, and am thoroughly enjoying the sound.
shashchatter is offline  
post #20 of 27 Old 02-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Senior Member
 
metalguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashchatter View Post

Honestly, with that deal I had a hard time resisting the 2313, we almost picked it up. But, I only have 5.1 now, I can see going to 7.1, but not 9.1. The two extra channels would be wasted, not just in money, but even without a load on them I'd hate to waste power. I live in TX, just don't need any extra heat!

I too am sold on Denon, recently got a 1613, and am thoroughly enjoying the sound.
smile.gif
metalguy is offline  
post #21 of 27 Old 02-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Senior Member
 
metalguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 33
smile.gif
metalguy is offline  
post #22 of 27 Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
coldengrey15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashchatter View Post

Fry's had this same $299 in-store price on 1913 a few weeks back too, then $399 on 2113, which I didn't see in time to get one. They also had $599 for 2313. I keep waiting for the 2113!


Anybody have a screen shot or something I could use for a price match or negotiation on those aforementioned UNBELIEVABLE DEALS???
1913 $299
2113 $399

if not, what is the lowest prices you've seen, currently, on 2113 or 1913???
What about lowest on 2112?
coldengrey15 is offline  
post #23 of 27 Old 02-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Senior Member
 
BriscoCountyJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Is the Fry's deal on the Denon 1913 ($299) over this week?
If not, will that almost half-price deal return soon?
I saw in a Fry's ad last weekend this week they have a similar Onkyo receiver for $299, but the current Onkyo models reportedly have HDMI problems.
BriscoCountyJr is offline  
post #24 of 27 Old 02-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Senior Member
 
metalguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I am hoping for more drops as we get closer to the new models being released. But forget about releasing, they have not even talked about new models yet from the main companies. Last year onkyo already have there press release.
metalguy is offline  
post #25 of 27 Old 03-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Senior Member
 
metalguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 33
so far all I have seen is the new Yamaha line up that report came out eariler this week.
metalguy is offline  
post #26 of 27 Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Member
 
thephatp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashchatter View Post

... But, I only have 5.1 now, I can see going to 7.1, but not 9.1. The two extra channels would be wasted, not just in money, but even without a load on them I'd hate to waste power.

Can you bi-amp any of the unused channels? I've never done this before (currently have AVR-2805), but I only have a 5.1 system, and I too and looking to upgrade. If I did, it would be nice to utilize the unused power.


Also, has anyone else heard ANYTHING about the CI line? I know Denon released a new E-series, but I don't want one of those. I'm holding out for the XX14 models, or at least to find out what's new. If it's nothing spectacular, I'd likely going for an XX13 model on the cheap. wink.gif
thephatp is offline  
post #27 of 27 Old 04-24-2013, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 7,268
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Passive biamping (which is what you're describing) does nothing whatsoever to improve the quality of the sounds you hear, so using it actually wastes more energy than leaving some amps idle.

Active biamping involves the use of electronic crossovers and can improve the quality of the sounds you hear. Setting it up correctly involves more effort and understanding of acoustic principles than most people can provide.

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Cambridge Audio Azur 351r 5 1 Av Receiver , Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 2313ci by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off