Yamaha RX-V373 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-12-2013, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought a new house and plan to buy a new system. I'm not someone that can notice a huge difference in audio distinction, but I want something decent and that will work well.

I'm looking for a receiver that is less than $250 to go along with the speakers that unfortunately go in the ceiling (Not center). Any recommendations on the Yamaha or others out there within the budget?

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 AM

Liked: 11
For what it's worth, I just ordered mine yesterday. Same sort of requirement - budget system, reasonable performance. It's going to be 3.1 for now - pairing with Klipsch Quintet IVs (last year's model) I got on clearance for $130 at Best Buy, and a Polk PSW10 I got for 99 on Amazon. Obviously some upgrading in my future, though no plans for at least a year or more, but better than any HTIB.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 AM

Liked: 10
I was absolutely loving my v373, until I started getting a problem with dropping of the video signal. I have posted about it here, but have not been able to fix the problem. It might be a handshake issue, from what a few local techs have told me. However, Yamaha has never posted a firmware update for the v373, so it might be impossible to fix. Just the two cents of a newbie.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM

Good to know, and an issue I'll keep an eye out for. I've been having some handshake issues with my new LG 47CM565 (flashing black for a second or so), but I've chalked that up to the HDMI cables I ordered a couple years ago, which are apparently 1.2 standard/have reviews saying this sort of thing happens. Ordered some BlueRiggers (good reviews on Amazon) to pair with this new setup. Worst case scenario, I have 30 days. 373 in general gets rave reviews though.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM

Good to know, and an issue I'll keep an eye out for. I've been having some handshake issues with my new LG 47CM565 (flashing black for a second or so), but I've chalked that up to the HDMI cables I ordered a couple years ago, which are apparently 1.2 standard/have reviews saying this sort of thing happens. Ordered some BlueRiggers (good reviews on Amazon) to pair with this new setup. Worst case scenario, I have 30 days. 373 in general gets rave reviews though.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V373 5 1 Channel Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page