How do I rid my speakers of Sonos electronics hiss “noise” through my AMP? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-13-2013, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help me out here. I am getting a static/noise/hiss passed into my speakers through a sonos connect which is connected to my Emotiva XPA3 amp. (The "Connect" is the device that enables you to stream through your home stereo)

While not terribly annoying once the speakers are on, its constant low volume static when they are not. Here is the weird part. Even if the music is OFF, and I toggle around the volume control from my Android phone, this action is reflected through my speakers as a change in static/noise. It is clear that the electronics in the Sonos Connect, is being transmitted into the Amp, and in turn into the speakers.

Here is the set up:
Sonos connect is hooked directly into an Emotiva Amplifier. (This is temporary, as I am buying a receiver tonight).
This amp in turn is of course hooked into my speakers (B&W CM8s FWIW).

Other Observations to help troubleshoot:
When the amp ONLY is on, no noise is present.
Once I turn on the Sonos system the noise starts, whether I have music present or not.
Noise does not change regardless of where I place the Sonos (i.e on top of or away from the AMP and cables)

Question is obvious:
How do I eliminate this noise?
Will the AVR I plan to buy “filter” this? Will a DAC? Isn’t the sonos a DAC in itself?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page