No signal to subwoofer on Marantz AV7701 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-14-2013, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I got my Marantz AV7701 today, and I cannot find a way to get my SVS PB12 Plus2 subwoofer to work. I've only got front speakers, no surround yet. In the setup I have tried with large fronts and sub, and small fronts and sub, without getting any sound from the sub. When I'm using the test tone function, the sub shows but there is still no sound coming from it. When I'm using the audyssey setup there comes sound from the sub.

I've tried playing audio from blu-ray, cd and computer via hdmi without getting the sub to work...

I'm used with Rotel where this it not a problem. I have never tried Marantz before, so is there any proper way to get my sub to work, or do I have to return the Marantz and buy another brand?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-14-2013, 09:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 1135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josemane View Post

Hi, I got my Marantz AV7701 today, and I cannot find a way to get my SVS PB12 Plus2 subwoofer to work. I've only got front speakers, no surround yet. In the setup I have tried with large fronts and sub, and small fronts and sub, without getting any sound from the sub. When I'm using the test tone function, the sub shows but there is still no sound coming from it. When I'm using the audyssey setup there comes sound from the sub.

I've tried playing audio from blu-ray, cd and computer via hdmi without getting the sub to work...

I'm used with Rotel where this it not a problem. I have never tried Marantz before, so is there any proper way to get my sub to work, or do I have to return the Marantz and buy another brand?

Sounds like bad wiring or a bad AVR.

You can test the sub wiring using the sub cable for another purpose like connecting the analog outs of your music player to one of the analog inputs of the AVR.

You can test the AVR by hooking the LFE output to one of the analog inputs of the other AVR and listening for subwoofer sounds with headphones, etc.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-14-2013, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the tips. I've tested this to find that the cabeling is fine, so the prosessor cannot be sending any signal to the LFE outputs. But this should be possible even with my stereo set up?

What I want is to let the subwoofer play the low frequencies in the music, along with the large front speakers to get double bass in the low frequency range.
post #4 of 9 Old 02-14-2013, 05:37 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked: 1374
With the front speakers set to LARGE, the sub must be set to LFE+Main if you want double bass.

Also note there is a dedicated thread to share with other AV7701 owners ....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1412965/marantz-av7701-prepro-official-owners-thread/0_100

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5 of 9 Old 02-19-2013, 06:02 PM

I am having the same issue. I have returned mine to the dealer and they couldn't get it to work either. They got me a replacement and I am having the same issues with the new one as well! VERY FRUSTRATED!!! Any solutions?
post #6 of 9 Old 02-19-2013, 06:09 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked: 1374
Is your sub confirmed to work? Is the cable plugged in to one of the sub "pre-outs" as opposed to the sub EXT IN? Have you tried resetting the microprocessor (p. 173 OM)?

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #7 of 9 Old 02-20-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Is your sub confirmed to work? Is the cable plugged in to one of the sub "pre-outs" as opposed to the sub EXT IN? Have you tried resetting the microprocessor (p. 173 OM)?
Everything is confirmed working, I have tested sub, cabling with another pre, and an oscilloscope. I am absolutely, no doubt, positive I am plugged in correctly. I have also put a dB meter on all of the same sub outputs. I have signal only when the Audyssey is doing sine sweeps, I cannot get it to output at any other time, including when I go to levels. It sends pink through all other speakers, except the sub outputs.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-20-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Try resetting the AVR's CPU processor...

Just my $0.02.. wink.gif
post #9 of 9 Old 02-20-2013, 01:51 PM

SOLUTION!

It is now a known issue with Marantz and they are working on a firmware update. If you have the center turned off (only using a 2 ch system) The Sub does not output. The temporary fix while waiting for the firmware, is to turn on the center channel. It's not perfect as some movies will try to output voices to the center channel... They are thinking in the next couple weeks it should be corrected.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page