AVS Forum banner

Not Sure smart enough to post

325 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  tential 
#1 ·
So here i sit trying to read and become smart enough to buy new receiver and just keep getting more lost ..

Would like some help from small town and have no where to talk face to face with anyone other than those pushing what what they have for sale and bashing the rest so can not get unbiased feed back.

Here is problem have Yamaha HTR 5990 now with axiom floor and center and rears 5..1 with SVS PB 12 sub all was good till decided to go the 3d TV route and and bought new Samsung But had to get new receiver for that,went to best buy picked up Denon AVR1613 new this was quite bit less power than Yamaha but thought maybe i could live with it well wrong i was took it back and have been looking reading for a week and just cant pull the trigger realize four hundred dollars is not going to get done.

Help me choose .

1 Sony DA5800ES 1,245

2 Pioneer SC61 699.00

3. Denon AVR3313 1,099

mostly tv but do like to rock out on weekends so music is important.

See less See more
#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbroke  /t/1458581/not-sure-smart-enough-to-post#post_22973504

The 1613 with 75watts per channel just not enough power on music side have big room wood floors open beam ceilings and just got to used to the 140 watts yamahha put out.Thank you for taking the the time to post

Well, power ratings don't mean much, but to be fair, you are comparing a 1k receiver to like a $300 one.

Take a look at the SC-61, SC-1222, Onkyo 717/818, Denon 2113. All good receivers.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt  /t/1458581/not-sure-smart-enough-to-post#post_22973793

From what I'm told the SC-61 is the same as the Pioneer VSX-1222 which can be had for $529 shipped from Newegg.com
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882117412

You mean the SC-1222-K. The VSX is a different lower model. The SC-61 has some benefits though over the SC-1222-K. I dunno where they are listed but it's in a recent thread. 12v trigger is the only thing I remember though. There are some weird things with the SC-1222-K. You can't set different cross overs for your front and back speakers which is really weird and I personally hate that.

You haven't said what your main concerns are though. If it's power, I'd get the SC-61 and an external pro amp. If it's features, you gotta say what features you actually need are.

For example, my needs are pre outs and Audssey MutliEQ under 550.

Your needs? I'm not sure you have receivers with a 500 dollar gap inbetween the prices. so you have different price points. We don't know your speakers or your listening levels so we don't know whether you need a LOT of power, or just enough to power the fronts as the first receiver you had is budget (like mine not happy with it at all either).

I think if you gave people more information they could pick you a receiver out more quickly but either way, Presidents day is Monday. Sales are just starting between now and monday including one at the Shop Onkyo Outlet (refurbished) which ahs some decent deals. Pretty much, any recommendations given this weekend will change on Monday when those new rounds of sales go out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.