RX-V867, Zone 2, and external power amp problems - No audio & volume fixed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-16-2013, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Equipment setup; RX-V867, Russound R275HC amp, Samsung UN60D8000 TV, Bose patio speakers & AM15, uVerse service, PS3, Toshiba HD DVD, Apple TV, Panamax MR4300, MA SRSR rack.

I have been using the Zone2/Presence jacks for the zone 2 speakers in the patio with the Yamaha power amp assign as 7ch +1 Zone. After a redesign on my wall unit and relocating my home theater setup to a Middle Atlantic rack system I decided to run the patio speakers thru a Russound R275 amp.
I wired the R275HC line input to the Yamaha Zone 2 out jacks and ran the speakers thru the Russound R275HC Speaker A jacks. I did a quick audio check before making any changes in the receiver setup and confirmed audio at the patio speakers but low. I then change the Yamaha power amp assign from 7ch+1Zone to 7ch Normal. Now I am not getting audio outside and the Yamaha display on Zone 2 shows "VolumeFixed" when I try to adjust the audio. How am I suppose to control the audio outside now?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V867 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V867 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page