Using different Video and Audio Inputs in my SSP 800 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I am trying to do something for an event at home. I have a Blu Ray and DVD player hooked up to my Classe SSP 800 and through it to my TV. What i want to do is play the Video in my Blu Ray player and see on my TV but have the audio come from a disc in my DVD player and have the sound come from my 803D speakers. Is it even possible? If yes how do I do it? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 1054
Not enough details about your equipment (using HDMI? What tv? what players? but may not matter) but easiest would probably be to hook the BluRay player directly to your tv and simply play your dvd through your processor (altho your processor might be able to handle the whole job but it's your unit, have you read the manual? ).

PS seems your processor can, see page 42

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

Old 02-19-2013, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Ignore my previous post. I figured out how to do it. I just setup another input in SSP 800 and used HDMI 1 as my Video input source and Digital Out from my DVD player as the Audio Input in!! It worked beautifully. The only thing that is not possible is have HDMI Video input from Blu Ray player and HDMI Audio Input from the DVD Player.

PS: My Pioneer Kuro Elite TV is hooked up to the Video out from my SSP 800.