Yamaha YHT-S401BL stops blu-ray playback? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-21-2013, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently replaced my old receiver with the Yamaha YHT-S401BL receiver/soundbar. I've had the Sony blu-ray player for years now so it's not a new part of the setup.

When watching blu-rays, often after about 10 or 15 minutes of viewing, suddenly the movie will stop and I will be returned to my player's main menu. If I then start the movie again, it will play to completion with no other incident. It's an annoying break in the action because some blu-rays have lengthy load times before they start playing again.

This never happened with the old receiver, so I assume the YHT-S401BL is at fault.

I should also note that my old receiver did not support HDMI, so having an HDMI connection between the receiver and player is new to my setup.

I know that there is an option to have the receiver control the blu-ray player via HDMI, but I've checked the settings on both the receiver and the player and I think I have this disabled.

Any ideas why blu-rays would suddenly stop playing after 10 or 15 minutes, but only once?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Yht S401bl Front Surround Home Theater System
Gear in this thread - S401bl by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page