Denon AVR-2112CI Optical Connection to HT Omega Claro Sound Card (computer) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-21-2013, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I will be using Media Monkey to organize and play my FLAC recordings through my Denon AVR and on to my 5.1 sound system - no video.

I am an audiophile who does a lot of computer work and likes to listen to jazz while working.

The Denon manual is occasionally cryptic at best, such that I'm a bit confused as to how to connect the HT Omega sound card to the amp - and actually get music to play. eek.gif

I'm guessing I would need to purchase a quality S/PDIF OPTICAL Digital cable (the one that comes with the sound card is super lame)

I attached snippets:

1) Denon Optical.PNG 174k .PNG file

2) HT Omega Sound Card #1.PNG 93k .PNG file

3) HT Omega Sound Card #2.PNG 974k .PNG file

4) Denon Input Assign.PNG 134k .PNG file

Can assume the obvious (Note: Every time I assume the obvious, I get killed.)? The manual says that the Denon Optical can be "Input Assigned" (snippet #4). Not sure what the heck that means other than that I "should" be able to tell the AVR/Remote Control to accept music from the computer??
Attached Images
File Type: png Denon Optical.PNG (173.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: png HT Omega Sound Card #1.PNG (93.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png HT Omega Sound Card #2.PNG (973.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png Denon Input Assign.PNG (133.6 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 04:06 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1987 Post(s)
Liked: 1749
Any optical or coax digital cable will likely do (otherwise forum sponsor Monoprice provides quality cables at reasonable prices) and what the Denon manual is indicating is that the optical (or coax digital) input can be "assigned" to any of the listed source names. It defaults to "TV" as noted below ....

For more helpful information on the 2112CI (to include tips on resolving possible issues with connecting an HTPC), review posts #3-6 in the Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 

Tags
Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver