Problem with 3d - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-23-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
my rx-v673 does not allow the viewing of the film in 3D.
My system consists of Network Media center Med600x3d ---> RX-V673 -> projector Acer 5360BD, with films 2D vision is successful.
If I connect the amplifier directly to the ACER 5360BD movies in 3d display correctly.
I tried to use Video Direct but it did not work.
Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Sorry for my english
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-23-2013, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by realb58 View Post

Hi,
my rx-v673 does not allow the viewing of the film in 3D.
My system consists of Network Media center Med600x3d ---> RX-V673 -> projector Acer 5360BD, with films 2D vision is successful.
If I connect the amplifier directly to the ACER 5360BD movies in 3d display correctly.
I tried to use Video Direct but it did not work.
Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Sorry for my english

Are both your HDMI cables 3D-capable (i.e. high speed or 1.4)?

Adjusting settings according to personal preference is not calibration.

Epson 5030UB, 100" Carada Criterion with Classic Cinema White, Onkyo TX-NR818, Energy Veritas 5.1s and a Veritas 5.2C , NHT SuperZeros, Mirage Omni S10, Oppo 103D. Currently boxed up: Denon 1713, Klipsch SW-450, NHT Absolute Center, Energy V-Mini-C
post #3 of 9 Old 02-23-2013, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

One cable is 1.4 and i have doubts about the second. Do you think a not 1.4 cable can create this problem ?

I checked better ... The second cable is a high speed with Ethernet
post #4 of 9 Old 02-23-2013, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Cables are not 1.4. HDMI versions refer to the equipment at both ends of the cable, not to the cables themselves. HDMI recommends high speed cables and the OP says his cables are.

I am a bit confused when you say 3D plays correctly when the amplifier is connected to the projector. Do you mean when the receiver is removed from the system and the media center is connected directly to the projector? If so, it sounds like a receiver setup issue and you will likely get more help if you post in the thread for your AVR.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-23-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIslander View Post

Cables are not 1.4. HDMI versions refer to the equipment at both ends of the cable, not to the cables themselves. HDMI recommends high speed cables and the OP says his cables are.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... "The official HDMI consortium mandates that all HDMI cable manufacturers must not reference version numbers." And yet you can still find and buy cables clearly labelled HDMI 1.4 or 1.4 compatible. So their messaging control hasn't been 100% successful.

Epson 5030UB, 100" Carada Criterion with Classic Cinema White, Onkyo TX-NR818, Energy Veritas 5.1s and a Veritas 5.2C , NHT SuperZeros, Mirage Omni S10, Oppo 103D. Currently boxed up: Denon 1713, Klipsch SW-450, NHT Absolute Center, Energy V-Mini-C
post #6 of 9 Old 02-23-2013, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

So, why are you contributing to the misunderstanding rather than leaving out references to version numbers when talking about cables?
post #7 of 9 Old 02-24-2013, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I am a bit confused when you say 3D plays correctly when the amplifier is connected to the projector. Do you mean when the receiver is removed from the system and the media center is connected directly to the projector? If so, it sounds like a receiver setup issue and you will likely get more help if you post in the thread for your AVR.

Yes,
if I connect network media center to the projector directly, everything works fine. I will do 'as you suggested.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-24-2013, 01:31 AM

Quote:

So, why are you contributing to the misunderstanding rather than leaving out references to version numbers when talking about cables?

Because I live in the real world and not the fictional one being promoted by the HDMI consortium? Looking for a mention of 1.4 might have helped the OP.

post #9 of 9 Old 02-24-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, standard cables are also 1.4 compliant, but may not support 3D. So, a cable labelled 1.4 won't necessarily work. In the real world. Fortunately, the OP had a cable correctly labelled high speed.

In general, I think these forums should elevate the understanding of AV issues, not lower them. What's your beef with HDMI.org trying to clarify the actual differences in cables? There's been a common misconception that people need to waste money on new cables whenever there's an HDMI update. Nothing in 1.4 requires new cables except for Ethernet, which is rarely used.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page